ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAnnouncement: Future of GotToDo for Android

Announcement: Future of GotToDo for Android
andy

Posted: Mar 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Canyon Russell

Posted: Mar 18, 2011
Score: 5 Reference
Let me be the first to say this here, as it was already mentioned on andy's site.

Toodledo should buy this code and rebrand it as their official android app.

Let the discussion begin.
k.blattmann

Posted: Mar 21, 2011
I am use Toodeldo because it was the only GTD tool that had a deceent Android app. I think NirvanaHQ looks great (better), but with no Android app, I won't use it (waiting with baited breath for the Android App). If GotToDo keeps developing (tags?), it would keep me with Toodledo. If the app falls behind, I jump ship!
Manbeard

Posted: Mar 22, 2011
Personally I moved to Due Today because the widget is significantly better, even though some of the features don't match up exactly to Toodledo. The dev seems really open to ideas and has done a decent job with it so far.
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Mar 22, 2011
Have switched to the Ultimate To-Do-List... so far so good. Interface is a bit ugly, but very powerful. I especially like the ability control the widgets... I created widgets on a secondary screen for Inbox and Next Action and can get to them very easily.
clango

Posted: Mar 26, 2011
Toodledo, now need an interface on Android. Android it's becoming every moment more widespread. Mee too I tried to use some alternatives but they are not enough developed as Got to do is.

So what could happen to Toodledo and to his customers if there is not not a good interface on the mobile devices?
Hartl

Posted: Mar 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
This is really annoying. I'm sorry but if GoToDo is not maintained anymore and Toodledo doesn't come out with an own Android app I will leave Toodledo when my current Pro Plus account expires in September. :-(
VandVisX

Posted: Mar 29, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
I have spent the last day or so trying out different third party apps that overlay Toodledo and GTD seems to be the best of them. After buying GTD, I was distressed to find that I had just bought software that would be discontinued in two days. I have tried several different programs and GTD is my prefered phone interface for Toodledo. With no support though Ultimate To-Do list, though ugly because of the large fonts, is my next choice.

One last thought on this matter. I am switching over from an RTM pro account because of the lack of support on their android apps. I would be extremely disappointed if Toodledo purchased GTD or any other software and did nothing with it.
AJS

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
Posted by k.blattmann:
I am use Toodeldo because it was the only GTD tool that had a deceent Android app. I think NirvanaHQ looks great (better), but with no Android app, I won't use it (waiting with baited breath for the Android App). If GotToDo keeps developing (tags?), it would keep me with Toodledo. If the app falls behind, I jump ship!

Same here. I have had a look at the beta version of NirvanaHQ update and the newest version is the best implemented web app I've seen. In fact it's better, and just as fast as native desktop apps. Unfortunately it doesn't have an android app, but I'll be upgrading my phone soon so I will probably use their mobile web app then.
Chris McKay

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
I hate to solicit on this thread, but give Due Today a try. It might not have everything, yet, but it does have features that no one else has. I'm also very open to suggestions and willing to implement things that I didn't think of during its development.
clango

Posted: Apr 02, 2011
Personally, I moved today toward Ultimate To Do list and it seems better than Got To Do. You can see your note, you have several more ways to organize your app.
I felt disappointed about the plays of Andy interested only to sell his application forcing us to chat about without any respect for his customers.
VandVisX

Posted: Apr 03, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by chris:
I hate to solicit on this thread, but give Due Today a try. It might not have everything, yet, but it does have features that no one else has. I'm also very open to suggestions and willing to implement things that I didn't think of during its development.

Chris - I have the paid version of Due Today and look forward to trying it out again someday, as it is a nice app with a great looking widget. Within an hour or two of buying it, I found that tasks created on the web version of Toodledo and marked complete on the web never synced to the phone as complete. When I went to the Due Today forums to post about it, I found that the app has so many problems with syncing, that I just kind of gave up on it. Also, there were some problems with the widget not updating correctly.

Like I said, it's a good looking app, but it doesn't seem fully functional yet and I'm looking for something that works out of the box, not something that I need to keep filing bug reports for (beta testers usually get software free as well).
jackperdue

Posted: Apr 05, 2011
No one has mentioned Pocket Informant. It does a excellent job with calendars but also houses Toodledo tasks via GTD and other task managers. It doesn't have a widget of its own, but when using Pure Calendar the widget is very configurable.
kikimaier

Posted: Apr 05, 2011
There are a few to-do/calendar apps that have customer feedback forums like "Calengoo" and "Taskos" where people have already requested Toodledo sync... if more people vote for it then maybe the developers will listen!

http://taskos.uservoice.com/forums/56800-general

http://calengooandroid.uservoice.com/forums/86409-general
hjeisen

Posted: Apr 06, 2011
So far, DGT GTD is a fantastic Android app.
Dave

It is pretty much a direct ripoff of Appigo's Todo. It is pretty good for an Alpha stage app though.
VandVisX

Posted by jackperdue:
No one has mentioned Pocket Informant. It does a excellent job with calendars but also houses Toodledo tasks via GTD and other task managers. It doesn't have a widget of its own, but when using Pure Calendar the widget is very configurable.

I haven't tried this just because they don't seem to have a trial version. When I look on the forums, I see that people seem to be having some trouble syncing with Toodledo that may not be fixed yet.
goncami101

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
I was using Toodledo Pro + Got To Do + Pure Calendar, they works fine... any idea about how to link Toodledo with Pure Calendar without Got To do?
marius.eggerud

Posted: Apr 11, 2011
I consider moving from RTM Pro to Toodledo because of all its great features, but I`m a little concerned about the lack of a native Android app. It does not seem very serious since Android is the fastest growing mobile OS on the market.

I do not think the third party apps seems very polished and I have read that users experiences a lot of problems.

Please make a native android app! At least answer my prayer.
VandVisX

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Posted by marius.eggerud:
I consider moving from RTM Pro to Toodledo because of all its great features, but I`m a little concerned about the lack of a native Android app. It does not seem very serious since Android is the fastest growing mobile OS on the market.

I was an RTM pro user and left because they did not support their own android app. Basically, they kept saying that they were working on all the feature requests, but never actually updated their android app.

It is somewhat baffling why devs work so hard to support the apple apps when android is the largest mobile OS going.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.