ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier vs. TaskAngel

TaskUnifier vs. TaskAngel
rick_1327343786

Posted: Feb 16, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
So I've got it narrowed down to two choices for a Windows desktop client for TD. The two choices are TaskUnifier and TaskAngel (are there really any other choices?).

The feature sets are very similar (with some slight differences) and the cost for the full versions is roughly the same.

The problem that I'm having is that if I say yes to one of them, I have to say no the other. So what are your thoughts?
Which one did you choose and why?

Thanks.

Rick
smatics

Posted: Feb 26, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I am looking at both of these myself.

TaskUnifier is a Java application, which means it is cross-platform (I'm not a big fan of Java apps in general, but TaskAngel is .Net based which isn't much better in terms of speed, and limits it to Windows).

The ToodleDo plugin for TaskUnifier is only $12.99 (base program is open source and free), as opposed to TaskAngel, which is $19.99, and is not open source.

TaskUnifier also has an Outlook plugin for free that makes it easier to add tasks from within Outlook. I do not believe that TaskAngel offers that functionality.

TaskAngel seems to have a little more polish, but to be honest, the thing that is swaying me toward TaskUnifier is that you can use it on as many computers as you want as long as you use the same ToodleDo account. TaskAngel limits you to 2 machines.

Scott
rick_1327343786

Posted: Feb 27, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by smatics:
I am looking at both of these myself.

TaskUnifier is a Java application, which means it is cross-platform (I'm not a big fan of Java apps in general, but TaskAngel is .Net based which isn't much better in terms of speed, and limits it to Windows).

The ToodleDo plugin for TaskUnifier is only $12.99 (base program is open source and free), as opposed to TaskAngel, which is $19.99, and is not open source.

TaskUnifier also has an Outlook plugin for free that makes it easier to add tasks from within Outlook. I do not believe that TaskAngel offers that functionality.

TaskAngel seems to have a little more polish, but to be honest, the thing that is swaying me toward TaskUnifier is that you can use it on as many computers as you want as long as you use the same ToodleDo account. TaskAngel limits you to 2 machines.

Scott

Scott -

Thanks for your reply. I wound up going with TaskUnifier for many of the reasons you stated. I'm planning on buying the TD and Google plugins soon.

Rick
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.