ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsPocket Informant without google?

Pocket Informant without google?
Damian_S

Posted: Mar 29, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hello all,

I'm interested to know if Pocket Informant can work with calendars other than Google Calendar (caldav et?)

I ask because it looks very nice, but I refuse to use Google Calendar. I don't want to pay for the app only to find out that I can't use the calendar.

For those of you who are using PI, does it integrate with Toodledo well? The main sections I use are Tasks, Sub-Tasks, Projects, Contexts and tags. Sometimes use start and end dates and times. Don't really use goals.

Thanks for any help
Damian
Dave

What mobile OS are you using?

PI on iOS and Android works great with Toodledo. Don't think Android supports tags yet. Projects are Toodledo folders.
Damian_S

Score: -1 Reference
Hi Dave,

I'm using an iPhone4.

Projects being 'folders' sounds a bit odd as I use something similar to Proximo's GTD setup, so my folders aren't projects. I'm sure I'd get used to it though.

The most important question is about google calendar though. If I have to use google, I wont use the app. So, can it use other calendar servers (or it's own? .. although i'd be suspicious that it's own calendar service would just be a google calendar if it can't do any others).

Thanks
Damian
Dave

Score: 0 Reference
I would contact webis directly, but from the looks of their site you can sync with the iOS calendar, and I remember they launched a desktop sync for Outlook. Here is their support page - http://webis.net/support.php
Folke X

That is correct. PI syncs with either with the iOS calendar or with GCal or both or neither, so if whatever calender you like to use can sync with the iOS calendar you should be alright.
ejmichel

Posted: Apr 04, 2012
i love PI - and chose to use Google Calendar
my tasks are pulling from Toodledo and update seamlessly.

its a great app to have all in one...and eliminate sep icons on my iphone
michelle_1323153111

Posted: Apr 05, 2012
I also refuse to use Google calendar. PI does not need Google calendar to sync with Toodledo. having said that, I keep forgetting to sync bit when I logged on tonight it had the tasks I had listed back in December.
PepaBCN

Posted: Jul 01, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Pocket Informant can sync perfectly with Toodledo and you can use either Google Calendar or native one, no matter if it's iOS, Android or BlackBerry platform. Even more, you can use both together (native anf Google) or create a new one from inside Pocket Informant (or more than just one if I remembe it well). This app is the most versatile and adaptative from 3rd party tools that use Toodledo for tasks. In my opinion, it could be much better but, even so, by now, it's the best you can find. And I'm just a user, not paid to speak well about Pocket Informant, as it could look like! LOL

Pepa
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.