ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWhich 3rd party widget do you use with Ultimate to do List?

Which 3rd party widget do you use with Ultimate to do List?
Dave

Posted: Jul 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have noticed a lot of folks here use Ultimate Todo list for syncing with Android. Do you guys use a 3rd party calendar widget to see your tasks and events. I have found two that support UTDL which are Pure Calendar and Agenda Widget for Android. Anyone have some feedback on these or others? Thanks
ben

Posted: Jul 24, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I've been using Pure Calendar for quite some time. My main use is calendar aggregation between Google (mine and my wifes) and my work calendar via Touchdown (Outlook / Exchange client)That part is outstanding! In general, Pure Calendar is an outstanding application and the dev has always been very responsive.

I have experimented with using the Pure Calendar widget for tasks out of UTLD but have so far stayed with a separate widget for tasks as my calendar is already quite full and adding toodledo taks to the calenadar just cluttered it up too much. For date specific tasks for work, I put them in as an all day event in Outlook.

I am also using Due Today which I think does a better job at displaying tasks in widgets with the indented outline it uses.
Dave

Posted: Jul 24, 2012
Thanks ben, Currently I put day specific events as all day on my calendar, but was getting tired of typing the same thing in twice. What settings to you have the UTDL widget on now that you find useful?
ben

Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Posted by Dave:
Thanks ben, Currently I put day specific events as all day on my calendar, but was getting tired of typing the same thing in twice. What settings to you have the UTDL widget on now that you find useful?

Hi Dave,

That's an interesting question... I'm still experimenting (when I have the time to think about it)and have not settled on anything specifically yet that I have found useful long enough to stick with. Typically my smartphone is my capture device and I don't even use UTDL for that. For capture I use ToodleTask, it just doesn't get any simpler! I'm running Apex for my launcher (not a fan of HTC sense, even on my new EVO LTE) and have a swype up motion to activate ToodleTask.

Experimentation on the UTDL widget has been on a tablet and most recently it has been comparing UTDL, DueToday and DGT GTD capabilities both app and widget. I keep coming back to UTDL as the closest to what works for me thought I wish I could throw all three into a blender and take the best of each...
Dave

Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Looks like we have had a similar experience. I want to use Due Today since I like the layout and widget more, but UTDL just has much more functionality. I use Toodletask as my capture tool as well. Let me know if you settle on a setup for it. If one of them finally gets Evernote links that will be the decision maker. I have emailed both developers in hopes of getting that capability.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.