ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsAndroid app supporting start dates

Android app supporting start dates
sprouty76

Posted: Sep 27, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Been using DTG GTD for a while, but I've started using start dates within ToodleDo and DTG GTD really doesn't support them well at all - a task with a due date in the near future will appear in the hotlist even if the start date is also in the future.

Anybody got any recommendations for an app that supports them the same way as ToodleDo itself does i.e., if the start date is in the future it doesn't appear in the task list (unless you deliberately show it)?
Dave

Posted: Sep 27, 2012
I would recommend Ultimate to do list and Due Today. Ultimate to do list is pretty much exactly like Toodledo online. VERY customizable, especially the hotlist. I own both but find myself using Due Today more since I feel it is just an easier app to work with and better interface. Ultimate has a 2 week trial and Due Today has a free version that is a bit limited. Give both a try and see which you like more.
john_cesta

Posted: Oct 24, 2012
try pocket informant.
tsinvest

Posted: Nov 16, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Ultimate todo list and Toodledo , for me, work perfectly together. Syncs like butter too!

This message was edited Nov 16, 2012.
clango

Posted: Dec 09, 2012
Whit Toodledo and Ultimate I can manage the start dates easily
ykphuah

Posted: Jan 03, 2013
The MyToodle app that I just published last week

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mytoodle

Supports Start Dates, and the option to show/hide Future Tasks as in the web.

It is still early in the development process, widgets and hotlists feature will be implemented soon.
mpopke

Posted: Jan 23, 2013
Due Today does not support proper filtering of the Start Date. If you choose to filter on Start Date the app removes every task that does not have a Start Date in addition to every task whose Start Date is in the future. It's totally useless in that sense. I still use it, because it's the least annoying of the ToodleDo apps I've tried so far, but this particular oversight is frustratingly common. It's like the developers of these apps are completely unfamiliar with GTD.

I have yet to find a single mobile app for ToodleDo that properly implements the "Future Tasks" filter as it is implemented in the web interface. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm going to give MyToodle a try I think. Even if it's unfinished, it will be miles ahead of the other apps if it just handles start dates properly.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be trying Ultimate as well, since they apparently have the option to properly filter by Start Date.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013.
ykphuah

Posted: Jan 24, 2013
Posted by mpopke:

I have yet to find a single mobile app for ToodleDo that properly implements the "Future Tasks" filter as it is implemented in the web interface. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm going to give MyToodle a try I think. Even if it's unfinished, it will be miles ahead of the other apps if it just handles start dates properly.

I try to match the sort and show options on the web with MyToodle. Let me know if it doesn't work as you expected it.
Joel Azaria

Posted: Feb 04, 2013
This has now been fixed in DGT GTD.
mpopke

Posted: Feb 06, 2013
Wow. So the latest version of Due Today (release Feb. 5, yesterday) now has an option for properly hiding future tasks. I've only messed with my list settings a little bit since turning it on, but already it's a huge improvement. Which is great for me because I just haven't had the time to try out a different app, and I was already kind of comfortable with Due Today.

It's a global option so I'm not sure you can view future tasks anywhere without turning it off again, but I rarely want to on my phone. I do most of my planning on the web interface and use the phone primarily for execution. I can now say that Due Today will help you solve this problem. I didn't try MyToodle or Ultimate because I just didn't have the time, but it looks like they might work too.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. There's a "Future" item in the list selection pane now that lets me see future items. So... good to go then.

This message was edited Feb 06, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.