ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Sync - Contexts

Outlook Sync - Contexts
simon

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by keef:
I hope to have some support for Category->Context mapping in the next release. That Should be available before the end of next month.

keef

Keith, is this still your plan? I am new to Toodledo and, if there is going to be Category->Context mapping in the near future, I won't spend too much time trying to evolve a workaround system.

Thanks, Simon
keef

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
It is still the plan, but the 'next release' could be anything from 1 to 3 months away
keef

This message was edited Apr 07, 2009.
krowten.dog

Posted: Apr 13, 2009
I accidentally posted this in "Developers" also .. Sry.

I am running 0.99.6 and I have the following scenario/problem.

I run a copy on my work PC and it is set to only synch "Work" context, and the default context is "Work"

I run another copy on my home PC and it is set to only sync "Home" context, and the default context is "Home"

At first blush this appeared to work great .. then I restarted my home PC finally (hibernates instead of power off usually) ... I then noticed all sorts of task/Toodledo issues ... all context based.

It seems my outlook synch client is not "remembering" the default context once the SyncApp.exe has been restarted.

I have reinitialized the sync database .. no love
I have uninstalled and re-installed .. no love

Is there a way to make the default context "sticky" through an application restart?
keef

Posted: Apr 14, 2009
It's probably a bug. I'll look into this and get back to you.
keef
lkpcampion

Posted: May 18, 2009
Posted by keef:
It is still the plan, but the 'next release' could be anything from 1 to 3 months away
keef

Hi Keef,

May I know how this is lining up in the queue now? Shall we anticipate this functionality in the near future?

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted: May 29, 2009
Hi,

Is this out of the picture completely?

Campion
keef

Posted: May 31, 2009
No, its still on the frame but I can't give you any delivery estimates I am afraid as I am finding very little time to work on the synch application at the moment. When I am able to develop it further adding this feature is high on the priority list.
keef
lkpcampion

Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Posted by keef:
No, its still on the frame but I can't give you any delivery estimates I am afraid as I am finding very little time to work on the synch application at the moment. When I am able to develop it further adding this feature is high on the priority list.
keef

Keef,

Thank you for your reply. We earnestly look forward for it. Personally, this is going to map a big gap in our task manager between outlook & ToodleDo

Campion
dg

Posted: Jun 27, 2009
+1 for this capability. I've sent a donation to support this app already, but would do so again for this! :-)
David G

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Another vote here for the capability.
casturmbiz

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
I'd pay for a good sync app that uses outlook categories for toodledo contexts. Simple mapping: category = context.

Is the best work around to use the outlook custom tag tdcontext to map toodledo contexts? How do you set this up?
Anders

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
The new beta that is being tested does this I believe: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2369/0/outlook-sync-beta-testers-wanted.html
keef

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Posted by casturmbiz:
[quote]I'd pay for a good sync app that uses outlook categories for toodledo contexts.

Don't forget to donate when this feature is delivered then ;)
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.