ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook SyncApp: Suggestions

Outlook SyncApp: Suggestions
tm

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Keef, it would be nice if you find the time to discuss two feature suggestions for your app:

1. True commandline capability: Currently I am calling your app from another VBA macro using the runandexit option. This works, however, my macro does not know when the sync process has been finished which makes things a little complicated. It would really be nice to either have a commandline version or any other method to get this kind of information (e.g. a logfile created after syncing).
Concerning the 25 tasks/sync limit, is this a limitation of the Toodledo API? In my workflow, I am only syncing manually once a day, however, it is always about 20-40 tasks that have to be updated.

2. Custom field mapping: You are already supporting some special Toodledo properties as Outlook custom properties like tdtag. This is very convenient to use. It would be nice extending the list of custom fields which get synced back to Toodledo (e.g. tdstarred or tdpriority). An ideal solution could be an option to map properties between Toddledo and Outlook: e.g. you could set if you want a mapping between Toodledo contexts and Outlook tdcontext or Outlook categories. Another example would be priorities: either use Outlooks bultin priority or use tdpriority... and so on. Personally, I would be happy enough to see tdstarred and tdpriority.

Best regards,
Thomas
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.