ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsClient for the Palm Pre

Client for the Palm Pre
Joel

Posted: Jul 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've been working on the client and things are coming along nicely, tho slowly. Just recently figured out how to get the counts to display correctly.

I've posted some screenshots at http://www.evernote.com/pub/jjlucsy/toodledo

Anybody have a better name than "Toodledo Client"? I'm taking suggestions. Not sure what you'd get if I pick yours. Maybe a cookie. =)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 06, 2009
I recommend having a name without "Toodledo" in it, to avoid confusing people that it is an official app from us.
Anders

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Taskmaster, PreDo, The Taskinator, Too Go. Those are all probably terrible, but I thought I'd brainstorm a minute for you. Unfortunately, that was all that came up.
If Toodledo will allow partial use of the name, you could call it ToodleTasks for Pre, etc.
Joel

Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Thanks. Unfortunately I agree with you, pretty terrible. The basic problem is that there are so many names already taken, many by horrible iPhone apps.
Guess I'll have to do more thinking. Maybe base it off the domain name I've got set aside for doing public apps.
Anders

Posted by Joel:
Thanks. Unfortunately I agree with you, pretty terrible.

Yes, sorry about that. I would buy an app called The Taskinator, but maybe that's just me :)
The basic problem is that there are so many names already taken, many by horrible iPhone apps.

No doubt! I unfortunately have tried way too many of them, though it was only through the generically (not to mention arrogantly) named Ultimate Todos that I found my way to Toodledo.
Sorry, but I can't help myself. Brainstorm 2: Iron Task, Braindump!, TaskFactor5, MindFiles, SyncerToodle (sounds like snickerdoodle, but implies syncing capability as well), MasterList, WunderTasks :) This is harder than I thought. I wonder how the heck Toodledo ever came up with their name.
Joel

Posted by Anders:
I unfortunately have tried way too many of them

Lol, same here. Lets see, some of the ones I've tried/bought: Actions Lists, OmniFocus, Things, Toodledo, Remember the Milk, Todo. Now I really liked OmniFocus and Things, but they are Mac based and I'm PC based and they don't have web access. Thats why I switched to Toodledo. And while it doesn't do everything I want (hierarchies, please!), it does 90%, and does it very well (outages included).
So now I need to migrate to my new platform, Palm Pre, and all will be right with the world.
The name for the company I'm starting is called Earthside Terminal (http://www.earthsideterminal.com), tho I haven't had the site setup in quite awhile. Once I get closer to having something usable I'll get the site working again.
That said, what do you think of "Earthside Tasks"?
Anders

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
I'm very jealous that you have the skills to develop an app youself for your new device. I have actually considered trying to develop a WM app, but I would be learning everything as I go, and I have a feeling that if I did decide to try it, it would take me so long that someone else would come out with something before I was finished.

Anyway, I like the Earthside name, but I think Earthside To Do has a nicer ring to it, which is strange because I strongly prefer the term "task" to the term "to do".
roninj

Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Joel,

As a former iPhone user, I share your experiences. :) I tried them all. Now, as a recent emigrant to the Pre, I am starving for a good task management program like Omnifocus or Things. I know that I speak for both myself and many others when I say that your program can not come soon enough.

In any case, how about Earth Task?
haeffb

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Predledoo

Actually, since it'll be a WebOS app, not just a Pre app, it should be Webledoo. Or Weebledoo.
Anders

Webledoo is awesome! But what about ToodlebOS?
Joel

Predledoo, Webledoo.... not bad, not bad. Defintely unique, easily searchable. I think I'll try to see how they feel when talking about the app. Thanks!
Garfield

Posted: Jul 10, 2009
WebTask?
Joel

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Sticking with EarthsideTasks for now. Updated my Evernote notebook with recent screenshots. I have the internal database working and the data you see is live from sample data I put in. No sync yet.
throwerbev

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
How about MobileDo? I'm brand new to Toodledo and brand new to Palm Pre, is this an App that you will be making available in the future?
Joel

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Posted by throwerbev:
is this an App that you will be making available in the future?

Yes, definitely. How exactly, not sure. I plan to submit it to the Palm's App Store which is planned to open up end of September (I think).
I'd like to make it available as a homebrew app as soon as I get enough of it finished, but we'll have to see on that. Might be legal issues about that if I plan on submitting it.
haeffb

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Bump for status update? Still making progress on a Pre app?
Joel

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Yep, still progressing. Its been a bit slower than what I had expected due to the unfamiliarity of the platform and the horrible debugging (like, almost none). But I'm really liking how things are shaping up.
I'll post more screenshots later when I get a bit more free time.
haeffb

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
Joel,

In an attempt to learn a little WebOS programming (i.e., learn Javascript, HTML, CSS, Prototype, AJAX, ... and on and on!), I've started working on a simple app to send a new task to Toodledo using the Toodledo API. I've been unable to use the GetUserID API method to get the unique userid for making further requests - the AJAX call returns "0" for userid, even though I know I'm using a valid email and password.

As it is right now, I'm pretty sure that I can make an app to work with my own account, but can't get it to authenticate for another account.

Just curious if you've gotten to the point of making Toodledo API calls and if you've been sucessful.

send me a note at my username at gmail if you'd like to collaborate.
Joel

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Posted by haeffb:
Just curious if you've gotten to the point of making Toodledo API calls and if you've been sucessful.

Nope, not yet. Soon tho.
Jon

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Any idea when you'll have the Palm Pre version of Toodledo finished? No pressure - just thrilled someone is doing this!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.