ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsCould not initialize Outlook proxy

Could not initialize Outlook proxy
dan

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It seems like this was working - but now I get the above error in the trace output IF OUTLOOK IS RUNNING WHEN I DO A SYNC. If I shut down Outlook, it syncs OK.

Interestingly, I have basically the same problem with Hotsync. It gets an error (not much detail that I remember) if Outlook is running - works OK if I shut Outlook down. So there could be something weird in my system.

I tried shutting down my firewall and my anti-virus - no change. I am using Outlook 2007 on Vista, and Toodledosync 0.9.9.6.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Dan
dan

Hmm .. this is working now. I did have to restart it - and I restarted it differently, so that may be it. I'll see what happens after a clean boot.

The reason I had to restart - not sure anyone else has run into this - is, if I have the app window open, and I shut it down with F4, or I think, the X in the upper right, then the NEXT time I try to open the window, I get a .NET Framework error, saying it cannot access the disposed object, named 'frmOptions.' The Continue button does nothing, so I click Quit, and then restart Toodledosync.

Dan
keef

Hi Dan.
This looks like a bug. closing the options form should close the whole application but that doesn't seem to be happening in your case. I'll investigate
keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.