ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsPocket Informant: Repeating a task a given number of times

Pocket Informant: Repeating a task a given number of times
holroy

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Within Pocket Informant there is an option to stop repeating a task when it's been completed a given number of times.

I don't seem to get this to work, and I wonder if it's just me, or if it's a bug. Mainly I have two issues, if it somehow seem to work, it seems to be off by one in the count. That is I say stop repeating after 3 times, and when I hit complete the second time it disappears. The other issue, is that it sometimes seems to enter an endless loop, and never stop repeating.

Here is a typical scenario: I want to take the bus to work at least 3 days a week, so I set up a task: "Take bus to work", Start date: Monday 7th Sept, End date: 14th Sept, Repeat: Every day, End repeat: After 3 times. If I know 'completes' this task several times it sometimes stops after two 'completions', and sometimes it just carries on for ever...

Does anyone else experience this? Is this new unstable functionality? Or is it just me who have misunderstood how to use this feature?

Regards,
Holroy

This message was edited Sep 08, 2009.
Anders

Pocket Informant is developed by a company called WebIS, and you should file a support ticket with them: http://www.pocketinformant.com/sup/support_request_iphone.php
Or post in their forum: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61

What Pocket Informant is doing is supporting a repeat type that Toodledo does not support. I am not sure how they do it, but you are not misunderstanding how it works. It is just not working correctly for you. I would guess that what PI does is just give Toodledo the repeat cycle, and then PI deletes the event locally when the designated number of completions has been reached. I would imagine (this is nothing but a guess) that problems may arise when the final completion is made on Toodledo rather than in PI. One last piece of advice I can give you is to make sure your timezone is correctly set in your Toodledo Account Settings.
holroy

I will try adding to their support forum, but they're taking for ever to register me :)

And when testing this I haven't synced to ToodleDo at all, but I do see your point in finishing it off within the wrong environment. But as stated, I haven't synced such a task, just tested on the iPT within Pocket Informant.

Regards,
Even Holen
Anders

Sorry, I just reread your original post. In your example about the bus, you are misunderstanding how the repeat settings work. However, what you are experiencing still does not seem like correct behavior from the rest of your description.

Here is a typical scenario: I want to take the bus to work at least 3 days a week, so I set up a task: "Take bus to work", Start date: Monday 7th Sept, End date: 14th Sept, Repeat: Every day, End repeat: After 3 times. If I know 'completes' this task several times it sometimes stops after two 'completions', and sometimes it just carries on for ever...

When you set the End Repeat, it is either On Date or # of Times. You can't use both for the same task. So whichever one you set last is the only one that will count. This could be at least a part of your problem. There is not a really good way to get the repeat you want. You could just set it Due the 7th, repeat from last completion daily 3 times, but it would not disappear at the end of the week if you did not complete it three times. Anyway, I hope that has cleared things up somewhat.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.