ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOnly 1000 tasks sync to Oulook

Only 1000 tasks sync to Oulook
prohrbach

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi. I have 1267 tasks in ToodleDo. I'm trying to use Chromatic Dragon to sync with Outlook 2007 but only 1000 tasks are sync'd to Outlook. I've tried sync'ing many times, and used the Diagnostic feature, and the same thing happens every time -- it stops at 1000. I even re-imported the extra 267 tasks to ToodlDo (with a different Note so that I can easily delete them if they end up duplicates) and then tried to sync again. Still, only 1000 tasks in Outlook.

This is driving me crazy... anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this?
Anders

Posted: Sep 28, 2009
One thing you could do is get the trace log, and send it to the sync tool's developer (his email is listed here: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Contact.aspx ). He might be able to figure out why the sync is stopping there. Another thing you could try is exporting all your tasks from Outlook, and importing them to Toodledo. Then you could try clearing out Outlook, and see if the sync tool will sync them all from Toodledo down to Outlook.
prohrbach

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
Thanks, Anders. I did try what you suggested -- that's what I tried to describe in my post -- imported the tasks directly to Toodledo and tried to sync down to Outlook. I just did it again -- deleted everything from Outlook, deleted the Synchronization history, then re-sync'd. This time, 999 tasks. Weird. I'll contact the developer. Thanks for your help.
bradisaac

Posted: Oct 23, 2009
I believe this is a limitation in Outlook where it can only sync 255(?) items at any one time. Once it counts past that number you get an error saying "your administrator has limited connections" or something like it. That's a result of the 255 item limit.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.