ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo

TaskAngel for Windows syncs directly with Toodledo
PeterW 

Posted: May 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by andrew:
Re item 2, you already have the ability to hide columns in the Task List. Just right click on a column header, then uncheck any columns you don't want to see. Is that what you meant?

Hi Andrew,

No, I found that. What I meant was the ability to hide fields in the actual task form used when adding a task.

Cheers,
Peter.
andrew

Posted: May 16, 2010
Hi Peter,

OK thanks. I'll put it on the list.

Best wishes,
Andrew
Tim

Posted: May 17, 2010
I've been using TaskAngel v1.2 trial at work and liked. When 1.3 was announced, I immediately upgraded & decided it was worth paying for, especially as it is licensed for use on 2 PC's. When I loaded on my home PC, the program wouldn't run, coming up with an error message that meant nothing to me.

I emailed TaskAngel support at 22.05 BST on Saturday expecting a response Monday, maybe Tuesday. But no, there was a reply on SUNDAY 11.15! asking for more info!! I replied at 12.49.

Further reply from Andrew at 23.41 Sunday night with a link to a new build with a fix. Tried it this morning and it works perfectly.

TRULY EXCELLENT SERVICE & a cracking product. Thank you Andrew.

PS I have no connection with Andrew, his company or his product, other than as a very satisfied customer!
Colin A

Good to hear - I tried downloading 1.3 and had an error which has resulted in Taskangel being unable to open since...I wasn't to bothered as I've still got good old Toodledo...but since I haven't yet bought taskangel I would be interested to see if the new build works for me too...I've tried 1.3 build 200 with no joy which is the only version I can find on their website at present
Colin A

On an another TaskAngel matter (since I can't yet post in that forum)...I understand you can't run TaskAngel from a USB pen drive...but can it be run over from a dropbox folder?
Tim

Hi Colin

Exactly the same problem I had. Look out for v1.3 build 202 on the TaskAngel site soon.

I believe you're correct about the USB stick. I'm not familiar with Dropbox, but believe to be on line storage & sync (?). But why would you need it when you can sync TaskAngel with Toodledo?

Tim
andrew

Hi,

TaskAngel has now been updated to build 202. This fixes the problem reported by Tim and Colin. Changes are as follows:

1. Fixed error on start-up preventing TaskAngel running for some customers. This error could also occur while syncing with Toodledo.
2. Setting a due time to None now syncs back to Toodledo correctly
3. Fixed a problem with Filter Panel and Note Panel sizes changing when you don't want them to

Re the question abut USB sticks etc - currently the TaskAngel data folder is fixed, so you can't run on USB sticks or other folders. This is on the enhancement list already, but would you like us to give it priority?

Regards,
Andrew
http://www.toodledo.com
Colin A

Thanks Andrew & Tim...yes build 202 works for me...thanks

I like to be able to run from a usb stick as my workplace is quite restrictive over the programmes I can install...while working from a USB would allow more flexibility...although the synching with Toodledo helps while I'm able to work online - it's the offline aspect that TaskAngel would really help with
ken

Is this where we should post problems with TaskAngel - or is the TaskAngel forum preferable?

I keep getting an error when I try to sync manually.

Window pops up that states:

"Toodledo reported an error: You must set at least one attribute.. Please check your connection or try again later."

Any ideas what may be causing this? I made some minor changes to existing tasks - I think I changed 2 or 3 tasks' priorities, but that's it.

Using TaskAngel 1.2.166

I will try updating to a later version.
ken

Same problem with version 1.3.202
ken

So I tried the renew sync and got a similar error:

Unable to complete sync. Error Toodledo error: You must set at least one attribute. at task [first 25 characters of a specific task]

Getting a specific task as part of the error message is new. I will try editing/maybe deleting that particular task and seeing what happens.

Note that I was syncing with TaskAngel without issue before. And the task that is named in the error above was there before - it is not a new task, or even one I modified recently.
ken

UPDATE

I deleted the task named in the error and Syncing seems to be working now.

Not sure why that task would suddenly start causing issues - it's been in Toodledo long before I downloaded TaskAngel.

Of note: the context associated with the task in question was #project and the task name had the # character at the beginning. I saw a post of yours (Andrew) mentioning the TD API and encoding special characters - so I thought it might be relevant info.
andrew

Posted: May 18, 2010
Hi Ken,

Thank you for telling us about this error. It is caused by TaskAngel not properly handling the # in your task subject.
We'll have a fix available in the next few hours.

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted: May 18, 2010
Hi,

TaskAngel has now been updated to build 204. Changes are as follows:

1. Correctly handles special characters in task subject, fixing the problem with #, reported by Ken
2. Syncs reminders with Toodledo
3. Fixed AutoSync failure after Windows Sleep

Regards
Andrew
osmanbo

Posted: May 27, 2010
With 1.3 and the addition of time reminders I've decided to buy TaskAngels. Kudos to developer.
Hopefully you can add the following to our wish list:

1) url link capability in task notes
2) File Save to user specified location in order to ensure backups...etc.

Good luck and thanks to the developer for the hard work!!!
andrew

Posted: May 31, 2010
Hi,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

We are currently adding the ability to save the task file to a specific location - this will be available soon.

Adding a url link to a note will come a bit later, but it's on our list.

Regards
Andrew
osmanbo

Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Thanks Andrew, if this is a good place to add our wish list, another nice feature would be the ability to include file attachments to a task...

Nice but I'm not sure if there is a lot of demand for it.
David

Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Task Angel is a really nice program but I don't like how the hotlist works differently than Toodledo.
andrew

Posted: Jun 03, 2010
Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback about the hotlist. In a future release we will add the ability to change the rules that TaskAngel uses to build the hotlist.

Best wishes,
Andrew
andrew

Posted: Jun 05, 2010
Hi,

TaskAngel 1.4 is now available. This includes the following improvements:

New Features
•You can change the name and location of the task file.
•You can change the completed date of a task.
•You can use the term 'Folder' instead of 'Project'.
•There is no longer a restriction on the size of a note.
•You can show negative priority tasks
•You can download a printable user guide in PDF format from here

Small Changes
•When Sync hits an error, it gives a more helpful error message and tries to continue.
•Fixed 'Invalid Parent' error during sync.

Many of these improvements were suggested on this forum. Thank you again for your comments, and please keep them coming.

You can download Taskangel from our download page at http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/download.aspx

Regards,

Andrew
MyPocketSoft
www.taskangel.com

This message was edited Jun 05, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.