ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsGetItDone for Android (Beta Testers Required)

GetItDone for Android (Beta Testers Required)
andy

Posted: Dec 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have almost completed the initial development of a new app for Android phones, which is designed to be fully sync'd with your Toodledo account. I have been working on this for a while and am nearly ready to make the first beta version available to a small number of volunteers. I have a forum where you can follow progress of this application and volunteer to be a tester. I am confident that the first beta will be available by the end of the month at the latest.
Beta version details & screenshots

I have many ideas for this application and from reading these forums I can see many more. But the initial goal is to write an attractive, fast, reliable application which covers basic task management and synchronisation with Toodledo.

The eventual aim for GetItDone is to make it available for a small charge on the Android Market.

This message was edited Dec 18, 2009.
billy

Posted: Dec 23, 2009
First Beta is now available by request at the link above
ttorimoto

Posted: Dec 26, 2009
Hi Andy - I've tried to register - so that i could request the beta at that link - but it never sent me a confirmation email.
I was about to start on my own ToodleDo syncing GTD Android app - since every GTD app I've tried (5 or 6) had something that just wasn't right - but I prefer not to write my own (time!). So I wanted to take a look at yours. I've got 700+ tasks in ToodleDo. I just moved over from my Palm Treo 680 to a Samsung Moment and used CSV export/import to bring my todo list over. My wife also is trying to find the best app, and being able to share/assign tasks was important - hence I'm trying to get us to use ToodleDo... except we need a good Android app that syncs with it.
Let me know if you can see what's wrong with the site. It won't let me log-in either without getting the activation email...
andy

Posted: Dec 26, 2009
I have activated your account, should work now. Just to warn you, I have not tested this with more than 60 tasks so far. So I am not sure how it will perform eith 700 - please let me know, but I suspect some optimisation will be needed. It only syncs non-completed tasks at the moment, although completing tasks on the app will not remove them yet.

Hope forum works for you now
timsy321

Posted: Dec 28, 2009
Can i also gain access to the beta? I registered on your site as well. Thanks!
andy

Posted: Dec 29, 2009
Try again now, I didn't move your user into a group which had access! Sorry

Andy
benny

Posted: Dec 30, 2009
I just posted something similar in another thread regarding another Android app. I regretfully had to move to another app recently because I ditched the iPhone for the Droid. Unfortunately, my choice of phone was more important than my choice of task app, though I knew I wanted to stay with Toodledo. With a good Android app, I'll export/import/cleanup/rejoice!

One thing... I would LOVE to see saved searches implemented. I live in those and it made it difficult to use the Toodledo iPhone application as a result.

Good luck and hopefully I'll be moving back to Toodledo soon!
andy

Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Beta v0.3 is now available, changes detailed at:
GetItDone BETA v0.3 Changes
andy

Posted: Jan 06, 2010
GetItDone has moved to GoogleGroups now

GetItDone for Android Google Group

Full list of current beta functionality and up to date screenshots can now be found here

Beta Requests can be made here

The old forum really wasn't working well.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2010.
mh858585

Posted: Jan 09, 2010
the links to the google group don't work for me. whhat is status on this great idea?
andy

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Work is progressing well, beta version is being tested by about 20 volunteers and feedback is encouraging (including one person with 700 tasks successfully sync'd from ToodleDo) - the links to Google Groups all appear to be working for me.
benny

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
This is working well enough for me that I've moved back to Toodledo from another milky app. The only reason I left TD to start with was because I got an Android phone and I wanted a nice native app. When I went back I remembered and ran into all the krappy things that caused me to move to TD in the first place. Now I'm using the TD Slim site and testing this app as well.

Great looking stuff so far...

benster
billy

Posted: Jan 14, 2010
Latest 0.7 Beta version functionality and screenshots now available here.
andy

Posted: Jan 21, 2010
First translation to Spanish is now in the beta, courtesy of J. Carlos Fernández
andy

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Latest 0.8 Beta version functionality and screenshots now available here.
andy

Posted: Feb 18, 2010
Latest 0.8.3 Beta version is available now - getting close to market release.

Functionality and screenshots here
eric.gouaze

Posted: Feb 26, 2010
Work fine on my hero , there's a german and a french translation.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.