ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsGot To Do for Android v1.0 now available

Got To Do for Android v1.0 now available
andy

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by donericoson:
[quote]Posted by Rich:
[quote]If Got To Do could integrate with Pure Calendar the way Astrid does, then I would have the perfect solution: Toodledo-Got To Do-Pure Calendar. Any thoughts or alternatives?[/quote]

Already ahead of you! I am working with the developer of PureCalendar now - we have agreed an integration and I have delivered my first cut of it to him - so hopefully very soon!
aut119

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Andy! My man!
you really fixed the reminder issue in 1.1.3 - just as promised! Thanks a lot for your great work!
andras
donericoson

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
Posted by andy:
Posted by donericoson:
Posted by Rich:
If Got To Do could integrate with Pure Calendar the way Astrid does, then I would have the perfect solution: Toodledo-Got To Do-Pure Calendar. Any thoughts or alternatives?

Already ahead of you! I am working with the developer of PureCalendar now - we have agreed an integration and I have delivered my first cut of it to him - so hopefully very soon!

Fantastic news Andy! I look forward to it. Keep up the great work!
Mary

Posted: Apr 24, 2010
I just added this app to my Droid but it isn't syncing with my PC online Toodledo. What do I need to do? I've already added my user name and password.
andy

Posted: Apr 25, 2010
You can 'force' a sync by pressing the menu button and selecting 'sync'. Otherwise it will sync in th background at the interval you have configured in the settings.
andy

Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Version 1.2 is released!

* Integration with Pure Calendar is now available in the paid version of Got To Do app.

See the release detail here
daverph

Posted: May 03, 2010
Thanks for this great app! I was just getting ready to ditch Toodledo when my pro subscription ends this month because Toodledroid wasn't good enough. Now I've Got To Do a buy of the full app on the market, 10 minutes with the trial version made it an easy decision. Haven't been able to use the widget because I don't have enough open space due to the Droid's 3 home page limit.
Could you please add "Starred" as an option for the startup page?
Cheg

Posted: May 03, 2010
I agree. I started using RTM for a while due to astrid but this app was definetly worth buying to get Toodledo features on my Nexus one. Personally I think it would be nice if it was possible to change the font size, its quite small on the nexus one. Many thanks for the good work!
Michael

Posted: May 05, 2010
I agree with the above post commenting on the font size. On my HTC Desire the font is a bit too small. The RTM application is better on that aspect.

Probably due to the smaller font size / button size, the application is not always user friendly. For example : if I want to add a new task I have to press the ´+' sign a couple of times before I can enter the task description.
sprouty76

Posted: May 06, 2010
I'd disagree, I find the font size a little too big on my Desire. I do find I have to tap the "+" a few times sometimes though.
mkwilder

Posted: May 19, 2010
Does this have a filter for Tags? I use tags to create checklists. None of the mobile apps for Android and Blackberry seem to have Tag filters except the Toodledo mobile/wap sites.

(Moving to Android soon from Blackberry and looking for replacements for all of my Blackberry apps...otherwise I'd download and see for myself.)
Jon_R

Posted: May 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Currently no filter by tags, even without that currently it is the best app by far for Toodledo on Android. I am hoping that filtering by tags is something that is released very soon as well.
Boxin

Posted: May 25, 2010
Not sure if I miss something or not, I find no way to check my tasks by status with the app, no filter based on status. I think it should have more status options listed in the configured summary menu.
ken

Posted: May 27, 2010
Having difficulty installing the paid version. I start the install process, then get notified of an Installation error, which states: Duplicate provider authority.

Any ideas?
ken

Posted: May 27, 2010
Posted by ken:
Having difficulty installing the paid version. I start the install process, then get notified of an Installation error, which states: Duplicate provider authority.

Looks like a full uninstall is needed: http://tinyurl.com/39bgqdq

I will try that. It would really help to state that in the paid version description (or just allow the paid version to install over the free version).

This message was edited May 27, 2010.
ken

Posted: Jun 02, 2010
Uninstalling free version before installing paid app worked like a charm. (though much more charming if those instructions were prominently displayed on download page)

For what's it's worth, GotToDo is an excellent app. Little UI details really make the difference, and the app has performed well for me. It's really nice to have a full-featured interface to my Toodledo account on my mobile device (HTC Incredible).

I have a question, and really this relates to all third party app discussions here on the Toodledo forums. How should we handle specific requests, bug reports, troubleshooting, etc.? It seems pretty inefficient to use a generic announcement thread (v1.5 released!) to discuss specific issues, but I understand that this is a Toodledo forum and not a (third party app) forum.

Specific to GotToDo, what is the best place to report issues, submit feature requests and the like? Should I use the Google group? This forum? Direct email to the developer? I'd rather not use all three.

This message was edited Jun 02, 2010.
esinclai

Posted: Jun 04, 2010
Posted by ken:
Specific to GotToDo, what is the best place to report issues, submit feature requests and the like? Should I use the Google group? This forum? Direct email to the developer? I'd rather not use all three.

In my experience (and this is as an observer), the discussions on the Google group are the most productive. Andy is a member, and responsive to user requests, suggestions and critique.

-Eric
kaz5167

Posted: Jun 08, 2010
I've only just started to use Toodledo and GTD after getting my Desire. I like the desktop widget, but am stuggling to get it to show the tasks I want to see.

I would like to see tasks due today, or today/tomorrow, which initally seemed fine, but yesterday I failed to complete 2 tasks, and they have disappeared from the list (as they are now classed as overdue).

Is there a way to keep these on the list - I feel like I need to choose multiple options from the "Which task list to display" option.

I thought perhaps by going onto Todoodledo I could set my hotlist to be tasks due today and overdue, then just display that, but can't seem to achieve that.

Hope someone can help
jmonin

Posted: Jun 21, 2010
I suggest you try the (non-free) app Pure Agenda Widget, which integrates smoothly with Got To Do.
hugocbp

Posted: Jun 23, 2010
Well, i just started testing and I'm loving the app.

Some small suggestions, thought:

- Display tasks titles in 2 or more lines: This may sound stupid, but I have a lot of tasks with lenghty titles, and sometimes the displayed part is the same for 2 or 3 and I have to manually open then to see the full text. It would be nice to at least allow this as an option.

- The widget should be bigger, or at least have an option to occupy the full space of one screen.

- The time setting should be those scrollable ones, best with the "ten minutes" and "one minutes" being separeted controls. This saves a LOT of time for those of us that heavily create tasks in Android.

- Can't you create a "done" button for saving new tasks? I think its kind of a tiring to click Menu, then Complete to save everey task. I mean, I use it to create a LOT of tasks. Every click the UI saves me from tapping makes a big difference in the end of the day.

Sorry for my English, I'm brazilian.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.