ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsGot To Do for Android v1.0 now available

Got To Do for Android v1.0 now available
Boxin

Posted: Jun 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by hugocbp:

- Can't you create a "done" button for saving new tasks? I think its kind of a tiring to click Menu, then Complete to save everey task. I mean, I use it to create a LOT of tasks. Every click the UI saves me from tapping makes a big difference in the end of the day.

I think it's auto-saved, just click "return" to save the task.
hugocbp

Posted: Jun 27, 2010
Posted by Boxin:
Posted by hugocbp:

- Can't you create a "done" button for saving new tasks? I think its kind of a tiring to click Menu, then Complete to save everey task. I mean, I use it to create a LOT of tasks. Every click the UI saves me from tapping makes a big difference in the end of the day.

I think it's auto-saved, just click "return" to save the task.

I saw that after a couple of minutes. I was in the Windows Mobile mode for the first minutes with Android and Got to Do...
quad

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Thanks very much for the application. I've been looking forward to a Outlook to Android sync tool, and this does tasks brilliantly via Toodledo & Chromatic Dragon.

My needs are simple, I only ever use a simple task list with no fancy features (maybe a due date) and only 10 or so items.

Is there any chance Got To Do can be enhanced to use the Toodledo Notebook? If so this will be the first way of getting Outlook notes to Android phone sync - ever.
donericoson

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
I have come back to Toodledo (pro user) thanks to Got To Do integration with Pure Calendar. However I think that there are two features that would make this much beter:

1. Allow tasks to be filtered by status in Pure Calendar, that way I would only see my active tasks or "next actions" in pure calendar.

2. Create a standard shortcut to create a new task. This would allow me to have an icon on my desktop to quickly "collect" actions; even better, since I use LauncherPro I could have a dock icon to quickly create a new task. Of course this would work with other applications like Folder Organizer or other launchers. It would certainly streamline the process and offer even more advantage over the slim version of toodledo or other apps.
clango

Posted: Aug 22, 2010
I'm using toodledo pro and Got To Do on my Htc. I was more happy at the beginning. Recently Got to do is so slower to load the new input and I need to wait too much, so this is not good and does not allow me to have all the benefit of a mobile system. I already cheked my memory and I tried to kill all the opened app without any benefit. Is there any chance to see an improvement or is there anybody that could suggest an alternative?

Regards

Claudio
neil2

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
This app does not appear in the app store for an HTC Wildfire. Any chance you could add Small Screen support? - Neil
mr.tlwilliams

Posted: Aug 30, 2010
I like the app, but I'm not happy with the repeat or reoccuring options, like weekends or weekdays only etc....
rick

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
Posted by hugocbp:

- The widget should be bigger, or at least have an option to occupy the full space of one screen.

Agreed. Need more options for the widget before I'm going to be able to go for the pro version. I prefer to fill my screen w/ my tasks. Thanks!
vince

Posted: Sep 06, 2010
In Got To Do is there a way to see your list by "Tags"? That would be very helpful.
hawkdanc

Posted: Sep 09, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
What about support for Toodledo saved searches?
m9ri99s

Posted: Sep 10, 2010
Force Close in Got-To-Do Lite every time I sync. Same issue in last 3 releases; 1.2.3, 1.2.4, & 1.2.5 .
The manual sync starts, folders sync, contexts sync, but FC during tasks sync. Sometimes tasks are found synced anyway upon reopening Got-To-Do Lite, sometimes not.
MyTouch Android 1.6
benny

Posted: Sep 13, 2010
Posted by hawkdanc:
What about support for Toodledo saved searches?

No one has support for TD saved searches because they don't expose them through their API. It's VERY frustrating as a developer and as a user.

benster
m9ri99s

Posted: Sep 13, 2010
OK, Force Close on sync issue seems to have gone away. I manually synced several times today without any problems. I don't know how it fixed itself, since I haven't recently updated the app. Perhaps it was a Toodledo server issue; and they fixed it. How ever it came about, I am very grateful.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2010.
clango

Posted: Sep 30, 2010
Posted by clango:
I'm using toodledo pro and Got To Do on my Htc. I was more happy at the beginning. Recently Got to do is so slower to load the new input and I need to wait too much, so this is not good and does not allow me to have all the benefit of a mobile system. I already cheked my memory and I tried to kill all the opened app without any benefit. Is there any chance to see an improvement or is there anybody that could suggest an alternative?

Regards

Claudio
Again happy. The problem has been fixed with 1.2.7 release. Thank you so much! :-)
ajomattackal

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
Whether Got to do or its lite version is not available in android market from India. ?

Thomas V
dislexeea2

Posted: Oct 18, 2010
"CAN'T SYNCH: FOLDER ALREADY EXISTS"?? What folder? I install a new O.S. and it wiped out all my data and programs Reinstalled Got to Do, synced to Toodledo and got data back. Sychned again and got message above, deleted some folders, synched, now above message no matter what I do?

Help?

PK

Also, Would love it if there were sub contexts like "car -> north (or east, west, south). Also, ability to add a new context and/or folder option with out backing out of current task being input..please?
DanHogan95

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Are there any plans to integrate the location functionality with Got To Do for Android? Also, the reminder function. I'd like to set those up on the site and have them transferred to the Droid.
rowanoverwater

Posted: Nov 09, 2010
As a new RTM convert to Toodledo I'm glad there is a reasonably comprehensive app like gottodo but I'm still craving a few things already mentioned by others on here.

1. More widget sizes would be great as well as a full-screen option if possible?
2. I'd love a small and simple 'new task' button widget to further streamline the collection process.
3. Probably the biggest thing I've struggled with is the lack of support (by all third-party apps) of saved Toodledo searches.
I know it's been mentioned that this is because Toodledo themselves don't release the search data or something along those lines so this is more a nudge at the Toodledo developers as opposed to those of Gottodo.
A big part of my organisation is done on the move via my Desire so to not be able to see my customised searches which are basically the only thing I work with when on the computer is more than a pain.
crisheed

Posted: Nov 11, 2010
GOTTODO 1.2.8 MAY HAVE A MAJOR BUG.

I am using Toodledo pro, and Gottodo 1.2.8:

Earlier this evening I was on Gottodo (version 1.2.8, Droid X, Android 2.2) when I deleted an empty task. What followed made me decide to uninstall Gottodo to prevent any further destruction...

After deleting that empty Gottodo task, my ENTIRE task database, 200+ tasks or so, was wiped clean. Not just on gottodo, but on my Toodledo account too.
There was another user on the gottodo site who had the same complaint (triggered by deleting an empty task).

W...T...F?

I had many many tasks in several different contexts and folders, very obsessively organized, some with routine schedules, subtasks, etc etc. I cannot afford to lose that data again so I will have to uninstall gottodo until that bug gets fixed.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2010.
FlowFX

Posted: Nov 20, 2010
Hei.
I recently switched to Toodledo pro, especially because of subtasks. Got To Do shows subtasks in folder view, but not in Next Actions and Contexts. Why?

Update: oh. it's only, when subtasks show indented. When selecting flat view in Got to do, then also subtasks show in Next Actions.

mmh.. why not always?

This message was edited Nov 21, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.