ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsDue Today for Android

Due Today for Android
Chris McKay

Posted: Aug 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
A few days ago I uploaded a new app for Android called Due Today. It features syncing with ToodleDo, as well as a strong GTD workflow.

Due Today features projects and subprojects (which correspond to folders in ToodleDo), contexts, tagging and makes use of Android's notification system.

If you have access to paid apps on the market, click here: market://details?id=com.lakeridge.DueToday.

If you don't have access to paid apps, or if you want to sideload a demo, you can download the apk from my site. Also, you can find out more about the app (including screenshots) from here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/android/DueToday
clango

Posted: Aug 29, 2010
Is it a beta? I thank you for the information, I dloaded it but it's not ready to be used for a professional. I found several limitation in comparison to toodledo
Jerry

Posted: Aug 29, 2010
How does Due Today compare with Got To Do which I'm currently sing on Android?
Chris McKay

Posted: Aug 31, 2010
I can't actually say how it compares to Got To Do because I've never used it. I based this on my understanding of GTD and of several different task organizers and their limitations. I'll have to download Got To Do to see what it is capable of.

@clango: If you can let me know what limitations you're running into, I'll be glad to look into fixing them up. The thing about Due Today is, though, that I wrote it without even thinking about ToodleDo. I had it finished and out in public trials when the requests to sync with ToodleDo were made. That is why some things don't quite match up.

That said, I will gladly make any changes to fix limitations and improve where necessary.
rick

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
Your widget is larger than Got To Do...but I'm wondering if it's customizeable to go 4x4? I'd love it to fill the screen of one of my homescreens on my captivate, if possible.
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 09, 2010
Yes, it can do 4x4 as well as 2x2, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3.
Moe Malumo

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
Awesome application this, I can attest to the fact. And great customer support too.
Chris McKay

Posted: Sep 15, 2010
Just an FYI, version 1.1.3 went up earlier today. It now sports subtasks (which sync with ToodleDo pro accounts), starred tasks, a white widget (optionally, if you don't like the transparent black widget) and a "This Week" view. Personally, that is my favorite feature because it shows you tasks that either start or are due on specific days for the upcoming week.

And, if you feel like trying the app out, there is now a lite version which is ad-supported. But, please be aware that the lite version does not contain any widgets, cannot handle subtasks or starred tasks. It also does not include the week view. Those are reserved for the paid version.
brandmarked

Posted: Sep 17, 2010
Good to see another Anndroid Toodledo app. And, very nice to see you have made it available for us lower resolution screens (the only reason I haven't bought Got To Do) - Thank you.

I'll download and give it a try.

- Mark
Chris McKay

Posted: Oct 06, 2010
Just an FYI, the latest version finally added subtask support and improved syncing with ToodleDo. I also included due dates on the homescreen widget.
buesingde

Posted: Oct 14, 2010
As an user of "Got to do" with a toodledo pro subscription I checked out "Due today" (lite). Seems to be pretty good and I really like that subtasks are being displayed nested.

BUT: I'm desperately missing a hotlist view as "Got to do" offers. Am I blind or are at least plans to integrate this essential feature?

I also asked the author by email but haven't got any answer ;-(

PS: Just saw that also the date and format isn't correct, at least here in germany. Seems to be american format...hmmm, not that good too.

Thanks,
Matze

This message was edited Oct 15, 2010.
buesingde

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
...is there REALLY no way to change time/date format for Due today? I really hate to edit things with AM and PM and would rather go for 24h format.

A must have for me.
Chris McKay

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
There isn't at the moment. But, I'll change it ASAP.
Chris McKay

Posted: Nov 06, 2010
Just a note, I've upgraded Due Today for Android. It now uses the 2.0 syncing API. Also, if you're using a Galaxy Tab, you now get a better landscape mode.

Also, it has added support for the status field. Depending on the status you set on ToodleDo, the tasks will be filtered into appropriate views in the app.

For more information about what's changed, please see this page:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/products/android/DueToday/revise.php
albert.keizer

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Hi Chris,

Thnx for the wonderful app (got meself a paid version). The regular updates are much appreciated.

One question though: is it possible to sort on star too, or will this be added soon?

grtz
Chris McKay

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
It's not something I had considered, so it's not there at the moment. But, I can definitely add it to the list.
vulpix0r

Posted: Nov 11, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Hey chris, glad to see you are constantly improving the software. Works great with my Android phone, and the autosync feature is really good.
pearson152

Posted: Nov 21, 2010
Chris, I love the app. I am only having one problem right now.
When i set reminders on my phone and then sync with toodledo the times don't match. They are way off. Is this a problem with the sync from my phone or toodledo?
Chris McKay

Posted: Nov 24, 2010
I'm hoping to issue an update today to address that particular issue. Thankfully it is just a matter of timezones.
pearson152

Posted: Nov 25, 2010
Thanks for the quick response. When the update is posted I will let you know if it fixes the problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.