ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsWriting app for Symbian and Maemo

Writing app for Symbian and Maemo
codedivine

Posted: Oct 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hi.

New here :)
Working on an app for Symbian. A very simple client, not too many features, but will come soon for Symbian and Maemo.

thanks,
rahul
codedivine

Posted: Oct 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Oh btw, it will come first for S60 5th edition devices like Nokia X6 first and then a bit later for Maemo and S60 3rd edition devices like E63/71/72 etc. I don't have a N900 to test so may need your help for testing. Please feel free to post here about requested features etc.

Doing this in my free time as a side project so please be patient.
jzamoras

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
I will gladly pay for a toodledo app for a nokia e72.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
Hi,

I'm using a Nokia 5530 (S60 5th Edition) so if you need testing just say so.

The best feature is the offline possibility.
codedivine

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
Ok thanks. News:

1. The app will be free.
2. Expect first version in November.
3. It will work offline and initially it will do manual sync i.e. you will need to press the button saying "Sync with Toodledo" and you will be given some options as to how to sync. As it turns out, syncing is not an easy process because there are lots of things to take care to avoid accidentally deleting user's data so trying to work out the options.
4. Folders and Tasks will be supported first. Sub-tasks and notes etc will be supported later.
5. Have not found a solution for creating a homescreen widget so no homescreen widget unfortunately.
[Sidenote: Symbian Signed is a pain.]
ruth

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
Looking for an app for the E63 Nokia - definitely interested in helping to test if I can :)

Ruth
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
You should also look at the Chromatic Dragon's Outlook sync tool, just for the options it makes available for syncing. For example, the most risky thing - deletion should have options like "Warn before deleting more than 'x' tasks together" etc.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
Hello codedivine,

any news about the nokia app. Sorry to bother you but this is all I need to fully embrace toodledo.
codedivine

Posted: Dec 31, 2010
Hello all. Sorry for the late news. Yes, working on it. More news soon. In the meantime, consider using toodledo.com/slim
d0n-todoz

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Posted by codedivine:
Hello all. Sorry for the late news. Yes, working on it. More news soon. In the meantime, consider using toodledo.com/slim

Thanx for keeping us informed codedivine, if you can create this app for us s60v3 users you will be doing the developer of Toodledo a huge favour as i for one will subscribe to Toodledo if i can get a local symbian app to use on my E71, that syncs with the online version of Toodledo.I am sure alot of other symbian users will too as a consequence of your app!

If you need testing let me know :D

This message was edited Jan 07, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
I guess if you are developing it for java mobile environment, other phones would be able to use it too ... Like my LG Vu ...
suman.c

Posted: Feb 18, 2011
Hey codedivine are you through we are eager to know the news about the app.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2011.
codedivine

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Hello. Sorry for the long silence. The application is written in Qt. Expect in Ovi Store around April end or early May.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Hello codedivine,

Qt library for symbian³ or symbian v5 can use it too? Need beta tester?

Best regards
codedivine

Posted: Mar 15, 2011
It should work on Symbian^3 and Symbian 5th edition as well as Maemo. S60 3rd edition will require more testing and I will need help with testing for 3rd edition phones. I will post about it soon.
kunkas

Posted: Mar 29, 2011
Will test for n900! :) Thanks in advance!
Greg Dewar

Posted: May 06, 2011
Hello

I've been following this thread for a while. I keep checking Ovi, but your app hasn't appeared yet.

What news? My guess is that there will be a lot of Nokia users who eagerly await the release of this!
Alver

Posted: May 08, 2011
Hey, I need it for Nokia N97 mini for my wife. Need help with testing?:)

This message was edited May 08, 2011.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Aug 21, 2011
Hello codedivine,

any news of that symbian app?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.