ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott"
Scott

Posted Jan 26, 2012 in: Quickly add a todo item to your inbox
Score: 0
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2012
  • Score: 0
One of the nice things about something like ToodleAir is that it is compact and can sit above a browser tab or another window so I can see the details of the source of the new task while I am adding it. If I move to the Toodledo site I lose that visibility unless I start rearranging windows.

There is also the benefit of not seeing my todo list while I am entering the new task which can very quickly derail me from whatever it is that I was working on. This lets me add new items without facing a distraction from tasks already entered.

I certainly don't hate GUI's and I'm not a click counter type of person but with a shortcut key to bring up ToodleAir it's super quick and easy to use and is a good alternative for those who are looking for it.

sb
Scott

Posted Jan 25, 2012 in: Quickly add a todo item to your inbox
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2012
I still use ToodleAir which basically gives you a command line box to enter tasks on the fly. I'm on a Mac but it's an AIR app so it should work on either platform. It uses the same syntax as email so you can put in all the details you need right from the one line. It sits right on my desktop and I can just zip tasks in as they occur to me.

I do keep Toodledo open in a browser pretty much always but this is a super easy way to add things quickly.

It's not being updated so it could stop working at any time I guess, but it still works well for what I need.

https://github.com/jgallen23/ToodleAir/downloads

sb
Scott

Posted Jan 17, 2012 in: URL Links
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2012
I prefer to have the control over whether a site opens a link in a new tab (or window) or not. I generally find the automatic littering of my browser with multiple tabs to be disruptive when it's so easy to just choose.

If I want to have multiple things open I use the shortcut or just drag the link up to the tab bar which in Chrome just opens that link in a new tab. If I want that content in a new tab I can do that - if I want it in a whole new window, I can do that as well. If I want it open in the same tab, I can do that as well.

How do you decide which links should or shouldn't generate a new window? If I click the link to the forums from the app I don't want it by default to open in a new tab - but sometimes I might. Give me the choice every time because only I know what I want to do with that new tab.

sb
Scott

Posted Dec 21, 2011 in: Customizing Status
  • Scott
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2011
I would probably use tags for this if I needed another level of sorting and filtering but the current status items work well for me.

sb
Scott

Posted Nov 10, 2011 in: Sort by date
Score: -1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2011
  • Score: -1
I disagree - those with a time should be given priority as they have an absolute time they are due - the others being less critical / not on as much of a deadline as they have until end of day.
Scott

Posted Nov 06, 2011 in: create new task via email
  • Scott
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2011
Scott

Posted Nov 04, 2011 in: Still unable to move the Notes column
  • Scott
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Settings / tasks / display preferences - there is an option to move it to the left.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2011
ToodleAir works fabulously. It's no longer supported I guess but I still use it all the time.

It's an Air app so you'll need Adobe Air but that's not a huge deal. I can only find it on Github any more, the developer seems to have pulled it from his site:

https://github.com/jgallen23/ToodleAir

I use Alfred (http://alfredapp.com) which is just brilliant for app / file launching and found this a bit ago but haven't had a chance to try to set it up. It's a bit geeky and since toodleair just does what I need, I never bothered:

http://aosekai.net/2011/09/quickly-add-new-task-to-toodledo-with-alfred/
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2011
I just copy and paste the URL of the email thread in to the message I send in to Toodledo if I need a quick link back to it. Having it grab it automatically would be cool though.

sb
Scott

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
oh - IOS on the iPhone? I don't have an iPhone so can't help at all with that, sorry.

If you mean from the desktop OS, are you using Snow Leopard or have you upgraded to Lion? The mail apps are different so want to be sure we are looking at the same one.

The only thing that I can think of that might be different about a Toodledo address is the period but that really shouldn't be an issue.

sb
Scott

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Questioning TD support
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
What email client do you use on your Mac? I can try to test for you. It works with Gmail and with Sparrow for me here but there could be an issue with the format of the address in one of the Mail apps.

Comcast web based email and the server you specify in the mail settings may not necessarily be the same as POP or IMAP mail probably use a different infrastructure than their web mail. The error message does seem to indicate that it is an error on the server but it's not a very useful message so it doesn't indicate whether it is the email itself that is the issue or the server that is just refusing to send it.

sb
Scott

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Sub-Tasks and Folders
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2011
Try using Goals - the Goal would be fix up the backyard and then you can view by goal and see all the individual projects that make up that goal.

sb

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011.
Scott

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Help setting reminders
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2011
It is set when adding the due-date from the popup menu that appears.

http://screencast.com/t/omxlVDV63aPu

The alarms page just specifies where the alerts / reminders will go. The alarms box on each item will indicate if a reminder is set for each task.

sb
Scott

Posted Sep 12, 2011 in: Priority interpreted as Value
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2011
I want to thank you for sharing all of these updates - I've been using Toodledo for ages and ages but by applying some of the things I've picked up from your posts and your System X I am feeling much more confident in my system. It's really been very helpful to me.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2011
No.

An upgrade to plus is an extra 1.25 a month per person / or you know - approx 4 cents more per day!

Is that really an unreasonable amount to pay for a service which you obviously rely on. I mean, if you do that it's like 8 cents a day per person. Do you get 8 cents of benefit from using Toodledo and having the full retention?

I don't know if you bill hourly but in the time you took to write this, you likely could have done something to pay the difference. Each time you have the easy access / retention it pays for itself and more.

Seriously, there isn't another service approaching this level of usefulness that is nearly as affordable as Toodledo. The $15 they charge now is criminally low. If there wasn't a $15 plan would you even flinch at the cost of the Plus?

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 31, 2011 in: New Site Slowness Temporary?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2011
I actually find the site more responsive than before.

Do you run any extensions or add-ons which could be slowing down the page loading?

sb
Scott

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Renewed my Pro Account today
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
I agree. When I switched to a Mac about a year ago I just had to go through the process of trying the software options available - years of hearing Things and Omni and all made me very interested in what those could offer.

Fast forward to now when I am floundering with options that just didn't work as well as Toodledo. The interface refresh happening just as I am coming back on board is just a bonus.

I've been a fan of Toodledo for years now - and honestly for $15 year it's a no-brainer. Glad to be back!

sb
Scott

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: 2
  • Scott
  • Score: 2
In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

Posted by rmwade55:
I'd like to request the ability to move that notes icon. Even if the left panel can be hidden, the whole window won't be in view. Please consider giving the option to move it to the left.
Scott

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
  • Scott
heh - 'new theme no one has been asking for...'

While I personally found the old theme perfectly workable I've never been involved in user forums where the UI was so vehemently demanded to be upgraded.
Scott

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

Posted by chm_1297377510:
Please move the notes icon to the left hand side. I have a small screen, and while I've moved columns around, it's frustrating having to scroll right when I want to add notes to the task.

Otherwise I like the new layout.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next