ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott"
Scott

Posted Sep 19, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
Score: 0
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2009
  • Score: 0
I had the chance to speak w/ Buzz the other day and get a demo of just how cool this program is. I've since added a couple dozen active words to my repertoire and am just amazed at how quickly these shortcuts turn in to habits.

A lot of this discussion has focused on launching but I'm using it a ton for text replacement as well. For example esig, psig, isig, tsig all insert customized signatures in email responses while fsig adds a quick little forum signature like this:

---
SB
http://dandyid.org/id/scoblitz
http://mythermos.com
Scott

Posted Sep 08, 2009 in: Extra field for an URI
  • Scott
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2009
I frequently paste the URL from my Gmail into a task before I mail it in to Toodledo and that works well to let me get back to it quickly.

SB
Scott

Posted Aug 30, 2009 in: Who are you?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Where do you live?

Chicago-ish Illinois

What do you do?

Founder and President - eSeMBe Technical Services, a small biz consultancy firm specializing in efficiency based technology solutions. I also contribute frequently to Web Worker Daily.

Where can I find you on the web?

My Blog
Twitter
Everywhere else

I've been a Toodledo user for a long time and used to run a small independent forum / user group before the official forums opened up here.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009.
Scott

Posted Jul 26, 2009 in: iphone section
Score: 2
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2009
  • Score: 2
Could we have a different forum section for the iPhone app discussions?

I don't have an iphone or use that app and it's hard to keep track of applicable topics with them all mixed in together.

thanks
SB
Scott

Posted Jun 29, 2009 in: Another power outage, again
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2009
A bad string from the usually rock solid Rackspace. So many apps host with them that one can almost feel a tremor in the Internet when they have an outage.

SB
Scott

Posted Jun 26, 2009 in: We now have a Gmail gadget
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Nice work, I like it!

SB
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2009
I was particularly impressed with how you handled this so I thought I would share

http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/06/16/service-outages-its-all-about-the-response/

Cheers!
SB
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Can't you do this by putting a ? in front of the date?
Scott

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: Reorder Columns
Score: 1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hi,

I would love to have the ability to move the position of the note/file/delete icons when reordering columns. On my laptop I need to scroll to see the full screen and I use those icons much more often than I need to change a context or goal.

Being able to move those to before the task name would be great.

Thanks
SB
Scott

Posted Oct 16, 2008 in: iPhone Forum
Score: -1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2008
  • Score: -1
Could we have a different forum section for the iPhone app discussions? It's getting crowded in here...

thanks
SB
Scott

Posted Aug 31, 2008 in: Docs in Email Help
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2008
Sandy,

This is a great idea - I have been just putting things into a hold label but now that I think about there is a better solution.

In Gmail every email has a unique url. So what I would do is grab a quick copy of the address of the open email and then after you click forward, paste that address into your message.

The todo item in Toodledo will then have a link that takes you directly back to that email in Gmail.

It's a bit of an extra step, but if you get into the habit I don't think it's a big deal.

Hope that helps,

SB
Scott

Posted Aug 18, 2008 in: Biggest Time Sinks
Score: 1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2008
  • Score: 1
Do you really want to find out? There is a great app called rescuetime (rescuetime.com) which runs in the background and aggregates what you do into an amazing display of just how you use your computer. It's startling really.

SB
Scott

Posted Apr 30, 2008 in: Time Tracking
  • Scott
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2008
I love Rescue Time - it's amazing to see so matter of factly just what I am doing with my time. Perception and reality are often very different...

SB
Scott

Posted Apr 25, 2008 in: Hide-able Sidebar
  • Scott
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2008
Fantastic. Sometimes it's the simplest things that make the biggest difference.
Scott

Posted Mar 11, 2008 in: Brand New Forums
  • Scott
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2008
Congrats on the new forums.

I'm going to redirect the users who visit the usetoodle.com forums here.

I think they served their purpose but now that you're up and running with these it seems best to avoid the redundancy.

Cheers.
SB
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4