ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by melchizW"
melchizW

Posted Apr 22, 2014 in: iPhone and web task counts out of sync
Score: 0
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2014
  • Score: 0
Wasn't the filters , I cleared them out on both .
Did a data wipe on iphone app and resynced , took a while but all is well now .
melchizW

Posted Apr 21, 2014 in: iPhone and web task counts out of sync
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2014
Having the same issue . I'll create a support ticket . Even tried deleting iphone app and reinstalling , synced quickly and told me I had 2 tasks LOL .
The best sync I've ever seen with the web site is Pocket Informant . Works every time .
hmmm.. i"m being encouraged to try a forced sync and then a purge data if needed first .

This message was edited Apr 21, 2014.
melchizW

Posted Jul 03, 2013 in: Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2013
is this syncing with default browser or what ? I added a context in another browser ,refreshed the page and the add on doesn't show the context . Closed the add on and tried again , context still not showing in list of contexts ?

--could it be because I'm using the beta site ?

This message was edited Jul 03, 2013.
melchizW

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Pocket Informant ?
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2010
I've used informant since it was a pocket pc application , I think a lot of the stability issues were with the platform and no so much the application. The key back then and with windows mobile was to always use the latest beta build .

I've been using it on iPhone 3GS with google pro account with no issues . Earlier versions did crash a lot but they seem to have gotten those worked out.

I've found it works best with t.D. if you have the tasks set to " toodledo " format and not GTD or F.C.

It also seems helpful to let it stay on screen and do a full sync every few days rather than background [no idea why ]

The calendar integration with the built in IOS cals work great, I much prefer using informant to the iPhone calendar.

No Affiliation with WebIS , I just like Informant : )
melchizW

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2010
Sorting is very useful for me , thanks ! : )
melchizW

• melchizW
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
I use folders to designate GTD " focus areas "
Since the notebooks correspond to folders titles , I just put notes for each area in their corresponding folder.

This is great , now I don't have to use the " notebook " app anymore .

Even though there's a status designation of " reference " for a task , I find those things live more peacefully in my notes and not my task lists ...less cruft to deal with .

Hope that helps some .
melchizW

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
seeing the same thing
melchizW

Posted May 26, 2010 in: can you show when task was created?
  • melchizW
  • Posted: May 26, 2010
yes , toodledo calls it " date added " .
melchizW

• melchizW
  • Posted: May 10, 2010
+1
melchizW

Posted Nov 03, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2009
  • Score: -1
Proximo, just wondering if using the iPhone app has brought any modifications to your method for using toodledo?

thanks !
melchizW

Posted May 23, 2009 in: Quick and Dirty Screencast
  • melchizW
  • Posted: May 23, 2009
Posted by Anders:
My biggest problem is the way you have to go through a parent task and scroll down to get to the subtasks if they are nested, and I can't use them flattened because I don't know half the time which parent they belong to.

Agreed for sure ! The stars help identify them but they're still sort of hard to get to .
I think for someone using tasks and subtasks in a traditional sense it's not that big a deal , but for the GTD users [I am one ] it's a major hassle .
melchizW

• melchizW
  • Posted: May 10, 2009
for quick entry I've found the " extra" app toodle-air to be excellent for that purpose .
I think it was in the developers section .
I believe the framework is adobe-air .
melchizW

Posted May 09, 2009 in: Quick and Dirty Screencast
  • melchizW
  • Posted: May 09, 2009
yes the iphone version is lagging behind in a few features , I'd love to use that system on the iphone also .

Iphone needs sort by star and start times field .
melchizW

Posted Apr 28, 2009 in: add subtask
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2009
another +1 this would make sub-tasks useable .
melchizW

Posted Mar 29, 2009 in: Toodledo is not for GTD
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2009
I think what they meant was " use folders for projects " not necessarily have a single folder called "projects "
For example , if you export from Omni Focus for mac to toodledo , every project becomes a separate folder in toodledo. One thing that must be kept in mind , not everyone that uses Toodledo is practicing GTD as a methodology but are still " getting things done ".

Actually, those that have posted about a single " projects list" with tasks in the notes are doing exactly what David Allen used to do in his palm handheld setup. [documented on his web site ]

I do what anders? does and have a work projects folder, personal projects folder and just list projects as tasks with the "next actions " in notes .. every task has a - in front of it and the current " next action" has a + in front of it . Completed tasks get a x in front of them . I copy/paste the " next " action as a new task into the appropriate context etc . Works very well and is a lot faster than using sub tasks .

This message was edited Mar 29, 2009.
melchizW

Posted Mar 29, 2009 in: color coding
Score: 1
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2009
  • Score: 1
I'd like that also : )
melchizW

Posted Jan 22, 2009 in: Timer
Score: 1
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2009
  • Score: 1
enable the timer by going to " account settings " and choosing "fields used "
melchizW

Posted Jan 20, 2009 in: Getting ToDo List into Windows Mobile
  • melchizW
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2009
just the mobile web version , but don't use the i.e. browser. Download " opera mini" or opera mobile [mini is free ] , the slim client web site developed for the iphone works pretty well on opera mini .
melchizW

Posted Jan 20, 2009 in: How to set up priorities
  • melchizW
there was a recent change made that forces " sort by due date " to obey due times also .. it's pretty common for items with [no] "whatever factor" to sort to the top .

I'd also prefer they sort to the bottom , but they do sort of stick out and say " when? " to me ; ) I usually just push them to the time I'm leaving work or the time I end my day for personal stuff .
melchizW

Posted Jan 20, 2009 in: Feature Request: On-the-fly Creation
  • melchizW
that would be awesome , I'm wondering if it would still have to reference the other pages though anyway ? I'm guessing that toodledo is built for speed on the most commonly used features . I've noticed some other online programs with more bells and whistles don't run quite as fast/smooth.

I don't want a RTM look-alike , the format drove me bonkers : )
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next