ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Roman"
Roman

Score: 0
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2008
  • Score: 0
bump...

i´m generally receiving tweets. i´d really love to have this resolved. a task manager without reminders is not really what i was looking for ;-)
Roman

Posted Apr 19, 2008 in: Help - Repeating Tasks
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2008
PD42, check your account settings. i guess, you are not using the "repeat" field. activate it in the setting to see it in at task.
Roman

• Roman
  • Posted: Apr 16, 2008
i´m not following many tweets, so i can´t really say. yet, direct messages to and from toodledo seem to work. to make sure, i switched twitter to my mobile phone. but i don´t get reminders there either.
Roman

• Roman
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2008
thanks for trying to help.

time zone - check
reminder settings - check
twitter settings - check

i CAN create and retrieve tasks/lists via twitter, so from the technical side i´d say the connection is ok.
it´s only reminders that don´t seem to work.
seems trange enough, doesn´t it?
Roman

• Roman
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2008
hi everybody,

i´d like to mention that i hate twitter, and that i can´t understand, why it´s so popular, the service is just for showing, what you are doing, so what?

ok, twitter-rage aside, i got an account for being reminded of tasks, that have a due time. i fumbled around a bit, but i could not get it to work. i configured twitter to notify me via my gtalk account, so i expected to get a tweet roughly an hour before the duetime. i did not get anything. does anybody have any ideas on what might be my problem?
i think twitter is not ideal, at least the way it´s used now.
or maybe i´m terribly missing some point?
Roman

Posted Apr 10, 2008 in: stars, great idea!
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2008
wow! a great way to quickly mark "next actions" on my projects! i´m glad you implemented that.
it would be great to have an option in account settings, so the user can choose if the tasks are also to show up in the hotlist. that way not only important and due-soon-tasks show up but also starred ones. what do you think?
Roman

• Roman
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2008
sorry for sounding a bit too gtd-ish, but is toodledo really the right place for meeting appointments? i think this belongs into a calendar. i prefer having "real" tasks in toodledo, and i guess in most of the times it´s enough to define the day when the task has to be accomplished.
Roman

Posted Apr 08, 2008 in: Setting task reminders
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2008
in my opinion, you can´t accomplish, what you are requesting. toodledo falls a bit short on reminding capabilities (again, my opinion).
I solved this problem by using the iCal subscription into my Google calendar. I use their reminders for the purpose.

I´d really love to see a more flexible way of reminders, maybe like they´re doing it over at todoist.com?
Roman

Posted Apr 07, 2008 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2008
will, that pretty much covers what I am using, except for one addition:

evernote.com -- i use this as my reference material system (everything interesting but not directly task-related goes in there)
Roman

Posted Apr 07, 2008 in: Search for Repeating Tasks
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2008
I tagged all my routine tasks as "routine" to access them quickly. Works just as nice, and you don´t see the rest of your tasks cluttering your list.
Roman

Posted Apr 05, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2008
i´ll give it a shot on monday and let you know. thanks for helping. :-)
Roman

Posted Apr 05, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2008
hi keef,

thanks for handing over some ideas. i used the correct port for the proxy, and i used the unique id, not my email login.
our proxy is a linux based squid not using any authentication at all, so i guess nt-domain-issues shouldn´t be a problem either.
i wonder, what might be the problem. is there any way to debug this? like logs or anything?
Roman

Posted Apr 04, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2008
It does not seem to work with the proxy we have. i checked all settings including password and unique id, but i keep getting authentication errors. Any ideas on what might go wrong?
Roman

Posted Apr 03, 2008 in: Projects in GTD
Score: 1
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2008
  • Score: 1
i think you might be mixing up projects and goals, because for projects, david allen gives a short, concide definition:"... any desired result, that has more than one action step." no much room there for vagueness i´d say.
yet when it comes to goals, the book stays really vague. not on what goals are, but on how to incorporate them into the methodology.
i can´t blame david allen for that, as he states, that GTD is after all a bottom-up approach for "clearing the decks" as he puts it.

i must admit, that i have not yet resolved that problem. what i try at the moment is to use GTD for tasks, and the "first things first"-approcach by Stephen R. Covey for my goals. the nice thing is: once you clarified your goals, they slip rather smoothly into the goals-mechanism of toodledo (at least they did for me).
Roman

Posted Apr 03, 2008 in: In Box Default
  • Roman
for all interested: you could check the conversation in http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/32/0/how-are-you-using-folders.html to see some very creative ways to tackle inbox-ish issues. :-)
Roman

Posted Apr 03, 2008 in: Dialy email of hotlist
  • Roman
just check the option in your account settings. it´s "Get a daily email reminder of important tasks (hotlist)" within the email-section.
Roman

Posted Apr 02, 2008 in: "New User" needs a mentor
  • Roman
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2008
Hi Angela,

sure, if you need any help, just raise your virtual hand. Do you have specific problems, or is it just "toodledo and all"? ;-)
Roman

Posted Mar 31, 2008 in: email import note truncation
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2008
issue solved now, thanks a lot, jake!
Roman

Posted Mar 31, 2008 in: email import note truncation
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2008
ok, mail sent. here is the complete message, in case you need it for verification purposes:

dies ist ein test mit umlauten

hier steht ein ue: ü

hier steht ein ae: ä

hier steht ein oe: ö
Roman

Posted Mar 30, 2008 in: email import note truncation
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2008
i had some time and tried it from mail.app on my mac as well, same effect.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next