ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Roman"
Roman

Posted Mar 30, 2008 in: email import note truncation
Score: 0
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2008
  • Score: 0
i'm sending them from google Mail. from the online interface, Not via a mail app.
Roman

Posted Mar 28, 2008 in: email import note truncation
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2008
hmmm, maybe i´m doing something wrong, but it´s still happening for me... if you need more info, fell free to ask, i´d be delighted to help sorting this out.
Roman

• Roman
johneemac, i had the same concern regarding the google calendar support than you. for me it worked fine to drop this feature and use the "iCal Subscription" feature instead (it´s in the connections section as well). that way, i see my tasks not hidden in a popup list, but as actual calendar entries. so if you don´t have tasks on a specific day, you simply see that at one glance.
hope that helps in your case as well.
Roman

Posted Mar 28, 2008 in: email import note truncation
  • Roman
i read in the news, that you added bugfixes for email import, and that notes will not be truncated anymore. unfortunately, you did not write, for which occasions this has been fixed. i reported a bug concerning this feature a few weeks ago, and for me, it´s still not working when an email contains german umlauts. the note gets truncated after the first appearance of an umlaut in the body. i wonder, if the bugfix included this issue, and is not working anyway, or if you just did not yet adress this issue in the bugfix. maybe, you could tell us what the said "specific situations" are?
Roman

• Roman
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2008
there seems to be an issue with opera mini browser as discussed in:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/33/-166/slim-interface.html

i guess, they´ll have a look at it, now they know it´s broken ;-)
Roman

Posted Mar 20, 2008 in: How are you using Folders?
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2008
Posted by Qrystal:

In particular, I like the INBOX idea. Thanks muchly, Roman!!! I think I've been using my "No Folder" folder in that way, though ... I'm just going to enforce that from now on, and cut out a step in quickly adding tasks. Yay!

that is an excelent idea, it solves one drawback: you can´t have a default folder via the plugin. so i now manually choose my inbox folder, slowing down my capture process. i think, i might switch to your idea.
Roman

Posted Mar 17, 2008 in: localisation?
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2008
sure, support is an issue of course. yet for example RTM is offering the app in different languages, still support is provided in english. i guess if you had a forum for each non-english language, and a decent moderator for the german part (staring at me?), that still might be a good idea, might it not?
Roman

Posted Mar 17, 2008 in: localisation?
  • Roman
hey toodledo,

i just wanted to know, if localisation is on your radar right now? i´d really love to recommend toodledo to some of my friends, but some of them are not speaking english. may be, this could happen user-contributed?
Roman

Posted Mar 17, 2008 in: How are you using Folders?
  • Roman
Posted by tjreo:

Maybe I've missed it but I don't see a way to manage subtasks other than drag and drop from the main, full-featured web site interface. If that is the case, they are too limited for me to use.

that is oh so true, the slim interface has a drawback there. that´s why i use my iphone for reading my lists, checking the tasks and capturing tasks on the go, but not for organising. for organising i prefer a somewhat more formal setup of my workspace, including my browser open on toodledo.com
Roman

Posted Mar 17, 2008 in: Goal contributions
  • Roman
*rapidly nodding his head in favour

i think, three tiers of goals should be enough. finally, you should achieve them, not manage them. and after all, GTD is about simplicty, isn´t it?
Roman

Posted Mar 16, 2008 in: How are you using Folders?
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2008
i´m not using folders as projects, as it seemed somewhat unnatural to me. i only have three folders, thats job tasks, private tasks and inbox. by sorting my views by folder, i have my private and business tasks separated properly. for projects, i always set up one main task tht has all the necessary steps as subtasks.
i have my ff-plugin setup with a minimum of fields, and all tasks from the plugin go to the inbox folder, until i reviewed and organized them. i bet, david a. would really be proud of that part, wouldn´t he? ;-)

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008.
Roman

Posted Mar 16, 2008 in: Inbox
Score: -1
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2008
  • Score: -1
so, why not use the "no context" tab in the context section? if you´re really assigning contexts to all of you tasks, this would make a great inbox, wouldn´t it?
Roman

Posted Mar 13, 2008 in: Introductions
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2008
Excellent idea having an introduction thread, I don´t think I´ve ever seen something like this before ;-) No just kidding, Jerry, that really IS a nice idea.

My Name is Roman and I´m a software tester and a consultant in Germany, and I´m constantly head over heels in several projects at the same time. Our company loves Outlook, but I never got the task section of it feel "right" for me. And as I´m a GTD follower (well kind of) I don´t like the idea of my tasks and projects scattered about in umpteen tools. So I checked out quite a share of online todo apps, but I´ve been sticking around with Toodledo since November. I really love it, and it´s getting better with every single change they make to it.
Oh, and did I mention how georgeous this looks on my iPhone?

This message was edited Mar 13, 2008.
Roman

Posted Mar 11, 2008 in: reminders
Score: -1
  • Roman
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2008
  • Score: -1
to the crowd: how do you set up your reminders? i´m with toodledo for quite some time (longer than with any other todo list app) and love using it. the only thing i find not really working for me are task reminders. but maybe, i´m just doing something wrong. so i´d like to ask, what your typical setup might be, how reminders via twitter work for you etc.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3