ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by J"
J

Score: 0
  • J
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
  • Score: 0
OK, call me crazy (get in line), but I *like* the iPhone 6+ display "bug".

I like to leave my mobile device on the HotList, set to just today's tasks. Now, I spend most of the day looking at today's tasks. But at 6:00, with most of the day gone, I get a look at what's coming up tomorrow so I can be ready, without being distracted by them all day. Like I said, I like it.
J

Score: 5
  • J
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
  • Score: 5
Definitely a time zone issue - as soon as local time reached midnight, everything went back to normal. I expect it to "break" again at 6pm local, which will be midnight GMT/UTC.

Affects all iOS devices (iPads as well as iPhones), but doesn't affect the web site, and is a display issue, not a data issue.
J

Score: 7
  • J
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
  • Score: 7
Looks like I'm also having the "tasks on the wrong day" problem. Based on what I am seeing and when it appeared, I am guess that it's a time zone problem. At midnight GMT (I am in the Central Standard Time Zone), all of the tasks with today's date (CST) started to show as "Past due", and all the tasks with tomorrow's date (CST) now show as today.
J

Score: 1
  • J
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2015
  • Score: 1
Love the way this now looks on my iPhone 6+. Haven't had much time to play with it, but I like what I see so far. Nice job - thanks.
J

Posted Dec 30, 2014 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 11
  • J
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2014
  • Score: 11
Posted by karin.borgerson:
Thank you for the new habits features! This is a big area of focus for me right now, and I'm happy to have some new tools.

One feature that I would love to see: integration with task list. I currently have lots of habits in my to-do list, and I would love it if I could keep them there AND not have to also track them separately in the habits section. The check-box habits seem like they would be easiest to implement if there could be some sort of a "habit" flag on tasks. That way, if I completed the task, it could automatically track in the habits section. (And it would be awesome if by creating a recurring task that I want to be a habit and I set the "habit" flag, it would automatically create a habit to track!)

Thanks again for continuing to provide me with new tools! I've been a devoted user since 2009. Wish list items aren't complaints, just things that would make Toodledo even better!

Seconded. I, too, have many habits as daily tasks (Exercise and Floss to name too that are in your suggested/starters list). Would love to see them in the task list for easy check off, but flagged as Habits for easy tracking/reporting.
J

• J
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2014
Thanks, Jake, but I have no idea what's going on. As I mentioned in my ticket (which doesn't seem to have posted - not sure what happened there), if I *add* a filter (say, for a single context), and then click on the "Turn Off Filters" link at the bottom, the items are still missing. Is that not an acceptable way to turn off all filters?

At any rate, per your note, when I clicked on "All Tasks", they were all there, even before I did anything under the "Show" button. So I clicked back on "View By: Main" (still without changing any filters) and they were all still there. I don't know why simply clicking on All Tasks and then on Main would fix it, but it seems to have done so for the moment.
J

• J
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2014
A large number of tasks appear on all three of my iOS devices, even after I "Force ToodleDo->Device sync" (so I know they're in the ToodleDo database), but they do not appear on the web site. If I edit them on any of the mobile devices (say, append a space to the description), they become visible on the web site.

I have tried creating a filter (say, for a single context) and then clicking the link to remove all filters, but that doesn't help. The tasks show up on the Search page, and the replicate down to mobile devices, so, as I said, I know they're in the database. But they don't show up on the Tasks tab Main view unless I modify them in some way.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions on how to resolve it other than manually comparing my mobile task list to the web task list and editing every missing task?
J

Posted Oct 30, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • J
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2014
Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by wasmith108:
Welcome,Bridget!
I'm sure you've heard it, but it would be awesome to be able to sort tasks into alpa/numeric groupings (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1, C2, C3, etc.) Even with stars, it's hard to prioritize many tasks within each of the Top to Negative groups.
Thanks.

1+ this feature, would be able to assign to Urgent&Imp, ImpNotUrgent, etc. or just Prioritize order of doing tasks.

FWIW, that's how I use the Tag field. I sort by Due Date, then Tag, then Description/Text. I use contexts and folders for grouping.
J

• J
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2014
Posted by Jake:
Apple just released our last update which should fix the issues with alarms.

I don't use alarms, but I can confirm that it fixed the issue of the missing badge on an Phone 6+ running iOS 8.1. So nice to have that back.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2014.
J

• J
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2014
Weird thing happening since I upgraded to iOS 8 (iPhone 6+, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, all on 8.0.2), or at least that's when I noticed it.

A large number of tasks appear on all three mobile devices, even after I "Force ToodleDo->Device sync", but they do not appear on the web site. If I edit them on any of the mobile devices (say, append a space to the description), they become visible on the web site.

What's up with that? And is it something that the next mobile release will address (not sure why it would, as it seems like a web site issue, but...)?

This message was edited Oct 18, 2014.
J

• J
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2013
Having a bug with version 3.0.4 on the iPad (iOS 6.1.3) and iPad Mini (iOS 6.1.3) but not on my iPhone (iOS 6.1.3). On the iPad, synchronization does not update my Notes. If I force a redownload from Toodledo.com to the device, everything comes down correctly. But then if I make changes on the web site, they do not appear on my iPads, neither from the automatic sync on startup nor from a button-induced sync.
J

Posted Dec 14, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.2 Released
  • J
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We have so far been unable to replicate these timezone problems. Can you please check you make sure that your timezone on this website is set correctly and then create a support ticket so that we can look into your account and try to reproduce this.

Thanks

Validated that my time zone setting is correct. Was able to reproduce the problem on version 2.1.3. Off to open a ticket.
J

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.2 Released
  • J
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Additional info. I noticed that the tasks were set to repeat "Every 1 days" instead of "Daily". So I changed them to Daily to see if that made a difference. It did not - the "Daily" task I just checked off on my iPhone (@ 11:00pm CST on 12/12) rescheduled to 12/14. And it set itself back to the advanced "Every 1 days" option.
J

Posted Dec 12, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.2 Released
  • J
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2010
Still seeing a bug on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) that I originally reported in the in 2.1.1 update thread.

That bug is that sometimes, when I check-off a task on the iPhone, and that task is set to repeat daily from completion date, it skips a day. For example, I just checked off my "PC backup" task. On the iPhone, instead of creating a task for tomorrow, 12/13, it created the new task for the day after tomorrow, 12/14.

Could the iPhone be using the UTC date (where it is already tomorrow) as the base date for the recurrence calculation?

Edit: I'll have to check that tomorrow morning, but it appears to be a definite possibility - I just had a similar "repeat daily from completion date" task schedule for the 14th instead of the 13th.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010.
J

Posted Dec 02, 2010 in: iOS App Version 2.1.1 Released
  • J
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Having a problem with repeating tasks set to every day from completion date. At least some are scheduling 2 days out instead of one.
J

Posted May 23, 2010 in: Web Site Time Zone bug?
  • J
  • Posted: May 23, 2010
Apologies if this has been covered - I've been traveling the last week using my iPhone and iPad instead of the web site.

So, here's the deal. It's 11:45pm in my time zone (US Central, DST in effect). The current date is 5/22/2010. The date and time are showing correctly in the Windows 7 task bar and several desktop gadgets.

But, when I view my To-Do list in Firefox 3.6.3, everything with a due date of 5/23 says due "Today", and everything with a due date of 5/24 says due "Tomorrow".

FYI & FWIW...

Oh - one other note. Most of the iPad and iPhone usage was from in the eastern time zone.

This message was edited May 23, 2010.
J

• J
  • Posted: May 12, 2010
Just got my iPad, and ToodleDo was one of the first apps installed and configured (long time iPhone user).

Is it just my installation, or does the HotList (and possibly other lists) not refresh after a sync is completed? My list was out of sync (probably due to me exiting the app while a sync was in progress). So I Forced a Toodledo.com to iPhone (sic - might need to tweak that) Sync. My HotList didn't change. I hit the home button and then went back into the HotList, and the full list was there.
J

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Date view inconsistency
  • J
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Posted by rclark:
At any rate, confirmed -- I (still) have the same problem. Tasks under the "today" header include due dates of both "today" and "tomorrow", and the "tomorrow" header's tasks all have due dates of the day after tomorrow.

Same here. iPhone user (Toodledo app), Windows 7, FireFox 3.6.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2010.
J

• J
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Apple has just approved our next iPhone app update. This has some bug fixes and some added functionality.

1) Added an option to sync any edits that you make instantly to Toodeldo.com.
5) After a sync, the list you are on will now update if there are changes.

Thanks - these really make a difference, at least for me, in terms of ease-of-use and intuitiveness.
J

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • J
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2009
Just downloaded and tested V1.5.1. Thanks very much for adding in the post-sync list updates, and the option for syncing after edits. Saves a ton of movement between screens, and is much more intuitive, at least for me. :-)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next