Score: -9
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 0
Posted by boydston01:
Those feel pretty good to me.

Though the second one is a bit intangible to me. "Focus on what matters most: We hear many users say that they spend more time than they’d like organizing and sorting tasks. Toodledo can do more heavy lifting to surface and remind you of the single most important task to work on right now." What does this mean? Toodledo will use advanced AI and monitoring featured to determine what I should work on next? Yes, I'm being silly... but maybe this needs a little unpacking.

Sure, in the future it'd be great if we could do that. Today, however, dozens of users have told us they just want the ability to sort the tasks in the right order (e.g. if four tasks all have same due date, priority, etc and are of equal importance) or to focus on what next.

So some nearer term features are to enable drag-and-drop, and the ability for a user to select a single task being worked on and integrate with Pomodoro that de-emphasizes the other tasks visually until the current task is done.
aaron.c.salls

Score: -4
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature.

So what do you mean exactly by "Task notes" in the new Free plan? And what "rich media" you have in mind? Could you please be more specific or provide some examples?

Task notes are the expanded fields that every task has, where you can add task notes. Today, attachments (including rich media) are a separate feature for premium users. So that distinction remains the same between free and paid plans. Our roadmap includes drag+drop functionality within tasks, including support for adding attachments, images, and other file types by dragging.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
Score: 1
Hi Joel,

Text notes will remain a part of the free plan, attachments and rich media will be a premium feature. If you have any rich media or attachments, we will hold them for 30 days (per our policy today as a grace period) before they are deleted.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Score: -2
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 11, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 4
Posted by Brian_14:
I am a long-time Toodledoer, Aaron, as are many others, and am looking forward to some things staying the same and some things improving. Can you state unequivocally that the following two items are your highest objectives going forward, underlying your principles that are shaping your vision and prioritization for Toodledo?:

1) The absolute security of every bit of information we trust to Toodledo.
2) The systems you have in place, or will have, ensure full backup and uninterrupted service.

If you cannot so state, pls let us know so we can take our business elsewhere.

Information security and uninterrupted service are foundational to delivering on these principles. Indeed, I believe we only deliver on principles like Everywhere you are or Work how you want to work if you trust that your data will be available and secure at all times.

Toodledo's long-standing existing data retention and security policies have served the product well to date, and so we plan to keep the same stance.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 10, 2018 in: Renewal
Hi Allan, sorry about that; we've pushed a fix so that those renew links are back. Can you try again and let me know if you have any further trouble renewing?
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 10, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Posted by Ummagumma:
I am having MAJOR sync issues on iOS, both using 2Do and Toodledo native app.

Took me a couple hours, several resets, and lots of tweaking yesterday to finally get my web app, iPad and iPhone in sync. I had to stop using 2Do and revert back to Toodledo's less than stellar phone app, not because it was more reliable, but simply because it was easier to track sync inconsistencies with. Now I am missing much functionality, especially alarms. But at least - for now - I have my tasks in sync...

This made me remember one of the reasons why I switched from Toodledo to other services for a while.

Whatever they do, unless they fix sync problems, they are going to lose customers.

We know this is a problem and it's the reason we focused our limited resources to fix our mobile apps as the first thing we did when we came on board. The team is working hard to (1) make the sync far more reliable and (2) build a better foundation to make maintaining the app much more efficient going forward (e.g. IPhone X).

We are a couple weeks out from launch, and will announce rollout and QA plans here as we firm up the launch date.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 10, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 4
Hi Toodledo community,

Aaron here, CEO of Toodledo.

In my first two weeks, I’ve spent a lot of time listening to users like you on the forums, in dozens of 1-on-1 user calls, on the new feature request board, and through surveys. Something I get asked a lot is for more visibility on what the team is planning long-term for Toodledo.

We want Toodledo to be the best damn productivity tool out there.

And so, as we invest in the team, product, and support going forward, I wanted to share thoughts on the principles that are shaping our vision and prioritization for Toodledo.

> Remember everything: Toodledo stores tasks until you need to think about them. Knowing you can easily push tasks out of your head (or inbox) and have them pop-up later gives you peace-of-mind to focus on what you need to do right now
> Focus on what matters most: We hear many users say that they spend more time than they’d like organizing and sorting tasks. Toodledo can do more heavy lifting to surface and remind you of the single most important task to work on right now
> Everywhere you are: You need access to your tasks everywhere. Expect new mobile apps and thoughtful integrations so that you can always access your tasks wherever you are
> Work how you want to work: We believe your tools should flex to serve your methods, not the other way around. We’ll remove friction without removing functionality from the more cumbersome interface components so you can streamline organization and planning and spend more time doing
> Plays well with others: Many tasks ultimately depend on or are in relation to other people. We’ll extend collaboration to make sharing, delegation, and follow-ups far easier

We’d love your feedback on the above and anything else. So make sure to let us know your opinions in the forum or by email ([email protected]).

Thanks,
Aaron

This message was edited Oct 10, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 09, 2018 in: Security certificate has expired
Hi Melissa, thanks for reporting this. We just pushed a fix for this, so please let us know if you're still receiving the error. You may have to clear your cache.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 09, 2018 in: Certificate Error?
Hi all, we just pushed a fix, so please let us know if you're still seeing the issue. You may have to clear your cache. Thank you for your patience on this.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 09, 2018 in: Certificate Error?
Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue and working on the fix now. We'll update here and on Twitter once the cert is renewed.
aaron.c.salls

Hi Toodledoers,

As we've mentioned in the updates, we are working hard to start The Toodledo Blog and newsletter to rev up our marketing efforts to attract and welcome in new users to Toodledo. The goal is to share methods, tactics, and stories of success to teach and encourage folks to get off the sideline and get started with an awesome task management system.

Through surveys and customer calls, it's clear a lot of folks use GTD (or a variation of it), but have questions on how to make sure they're getting the most out of it.

We are looking for a GTD expert who would like to help future Toodledoers by writing a guest blog posts on (1) the science behind the GTD method and (2) share your GTD setup on Toodledo and how a new user could get up and running with GTD.

If you're interested (or would recommend someone), please reply below or send me a note at [email protected]

Thanks!
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 05, 2018 in: Future Plans
Posted by JPA_2:
October 5, 2018 9:18 AM:

1. great great product

2. IOS really needs update especially to fill screen on iphone X / XS etc.

3. Every week/month with no updates more fully supports that Toodledo is going vaporware and is not a real org that users can grow with.

4. Depressing grey colors need to go!

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned in the September update, we've heard loud and clear that the IOS app is a significant pain point for members today and are investing a significant chunk of the team's efforts into the IOS app right now. We are bringing it up to spec and plan to maintain it so that we keep pace with IOS changes going forward. More details to follow on expected ramp date of the overhauled app.

Regarding the updates -- I am responsible for spinning that up, and even though I just joined the team, I'd love to learn a little more about how we can do better there. We have our end-of-month progress updates and set up many channels for customers to see our plans, but if you have other ideas or methods that you think would be helpful, let's talk. I'm always available at [email protected].
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 04, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. We just secured the link, so would appreciate if folks can try the link again and let us know if there are any further issues.

Otherwise, thanks already for the folks who've started adding and upvoting features -- this is great!

This message was edited Oct 04, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 03, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Score: 3
Hi all,

Following up on our September Update, today we are launching Feature Requests.

Many folks have suggested great ideas in these forums. While we've been manually tabulating and reviewing as a team, we've been looking for a way to aggregate similar requests to inform our prioritization. Today, we are launching a feature request board, which allows you to post a feature request, vote on requested features from others in the community, and see posts telling you where a given feature is in our pipeline.

We believe that this is a drastically better way for us to track and evaluate feature requests, while also giving the community more visibility into our priorities roadmap (in addition to the monthly updates).

Have any suggestions or concerns? Leave a comment or reach out to me directly at [email protected].

Cheers,
Aaron

Link above not working? Use the direct URL: http://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requests

This message was edited Oct 03, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 03, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Posted by Alan Cox:
HI,

Suggestion.

I really like the use of subtasks, but in my business, I would really benefit having subtasks within subtasks. Can this be done?

Thanks

Hi Alan -- thanks for the suggestion. We've heard this from several folks before, and I don't have context on the reasons why it wasn't possible / prioritized in the past.

Going forward, we'll be using http://roadmap.toodledo.com/feature-requeststo collect suggestions and allowing for user input to shape our roadmap. We're still shaping this up, but I've added this suggestion to the board for others to vote on requests.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 02, 2018 in: Paypal no longer accepted?
Posted by mb3000:
My subscription ended yesterday, I tried to pay but I see there's only one option to pay using credit card. has Paypal payment been discontinued?

Hi MB -- Aaron here. Can you ping me directly at [email protected]? I'll make sure this gets taken care of.
aaron.c.salls

Thanks all the clarifying questions. Our intention is to make sure users are aware of changes (e.g. subscription lapsing) or charges (e.g. if subscription is renewing) so that folks avoid unpleasant surprises to their workflow. This is more likely for folks on our annual plans, and we think one notification a year (as it is now) is a good place to start.

For users on our monthly plan, we hear the feedback to not dilute the in-app channel with many repetitive notifications (i.e. monthly renewal reminders). There's many ways we could do this, but our intention is users should control their experience and there should be no surprises -- settings is a great way to do that.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next