ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
aaron.c.salls

Score: 1
Hi Ruben,

While we have in-app and email notifications today when a subscription is expiring, these can be easy to miss given they're behind menus.

The good news is we are building auto-renewal functionality for annual subscriptions (launching very soon), and in parallel we're revamping those renewal notifications to make them more prominent in-app. These two changes will go a long way to mitigating the experience you've had, while at the same time also giving folks plenty of advance notice when a subscription is coming up on its renewal date.

We believe Toodledo is such a powerful part of folks' workflows because of how much folks feel in control of their tasks. We intend to bring that same level of transparency and feeling of in control to the subscriptions and billing aspects of the product, too.

Let me know if you have any further issues or need help closing this situation -- always available at [email protected] to hear how we can continuously improve the experience for you all.

-- Aaron
[email protected]
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 01, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Score: 0
Posted by andy_1339337623:
I strongly disagree, and have voiced my opinions over a long period. The functionality is fine. By all means add features that the market demands but it's the interface that needs emergency surgery. It looks and feels like something out of the 1990s. It gives me no joy whatever.

I'm sure you've done this already but do take a look at apps like 2Do, Things 3, Todoist, OmniFocus, and many more. I'm not talking about their functionality (I happen to think that Omnifocus in particular is way too complex for the needs of most users, and even 2Do manages to over-complicate simple task-based processes.) But that's not the point. I use these apps because they have modern designs that are a pleasure to use. And if they're nice to use, one does use them and becmes more organised and productive as a result.

So I'd love to hear some reassuring noises on the interface design front.

Good luck!

Thanks Andy! Toodledo has long prioritized and delivered on function over form, and we think we can better balance these in the product going forward. It's only week two for me, but rest assured that it is on our radar and we are evaluating what we can do both in the near-term and over the long-term to upgrade the UX without compromising the functionality that so many of our users count on to be more productive.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 01, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Score: 0
Posted by DSM:
Toodledo has potential, but it needs to follow a long term roadmap that the customers can see being made progress against. For instance, there are a number of tools that would really enhance Toodledo, but are probably beyond a small company's capability. However, many of these tools are out there in the Open Source world and might be something that you could link up with if you provide the right open source interfaces. It all depends on understanding the underlying makeup of the Toodledo product.

Great points -- this was a reason we decided to create the community mechanism to request and vote for features. This will help us prioritize features, where open-source tools are a great option to deliver quicker. As an added benefit, you'll also get more visibility into the roadmap -- look for another topic on this in the next few days.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Sep 26, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Score: 12
Hi Toodledo community,

I’m Aaron, the newest member of the Toodledo team. I just joined Ramon, Anant, Sam this week to lead the team, and I just wanted to say how excited I am to be on board. Going forward, I get to share what the team is building for you all.

Update cadence
As you know, Sam had shared that it’s our intention to share our plans so you can follow along and give feedback as we go. I’ve spent my first two days on the team reading the comments in the threads, and it’s clear there’s a passionate community here.

What you can expect from me is a large end-of-month update on what the team has shipped in the past month and what the team is focused on in the coming month. Any major change will get its own dedicated update as it launches, and we’ll summarize those launches as part of the monthly update for folks who like a more summarized view.

So with that, here’s update #2.

Future plans
We’ve been executing on the plan we shared in Update #1:

+Team: We are still looking for folks to join the Toodledo team and help power up the experience for us all. Take a look at our open roles and direct any candidates to me at [email protected]
+Product: We have an IOS developer working on a large overhaul of the IOS app. As many folks have shared, the IOS app was in a bad state. We are accelerating this development to bring this experience up to parity and to keep up with Apple’s IOS update schedule. We’ll share more soon once we've scoped out all the work
+Marketing update: We’ve launched the updated landing page (if you’re logged out) and made optimizations to the sign up flow. We’ve also been setting up marketing tools and begun running some paid campaigns
+New blog: We will launch our new blog soon -- stay tuned on for a separate update when that launches to see how people use Toodledo to become more productive and effective
+Feature requests: We’ve seen a ton of requests and suggestions come through in as responses to these updates. We’ve been tabulating these manually so far, and we’ll launch a new community voting mechanism in the near future for you all to help shape our roadmap in a more direct and transparent way (and see these requests turn into Product updates soon!)

We’d love to hear your feedback. Several of the past threads have dozens of responses, and our team reviews it all. So please continue to share your opinions, either here in the forum or reach me directly at [email protected].

Best,
Aaron
Skip to Page:  1   2   3