ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by creinhard"
creinhard

Posted Feb 15, 2019 in: Timestamp
Score: 1
Time-and-Date Stamp is a feature that Toodledo users have been asking for for years.

I took a hint from other users and use a 3rd party desktop solution (that can work in other software on your desktop)

https://www.autohotkey.com/

I created a hot-key of "Windows-key+ , " ... when I'm in a toodledo- notes section, when I press the hot key, I get

Fri Feb-15-2019 08:33 AM

and then I can add my notes after the entry, such as

Fri Feb-15-2019 08:35 AM Spoke to Robert about broken printer

The script in AutoHotKey

#,::

FormatTime, time, A_now, ddd MMM-d-yyyy hh:mm tt
send %time%
return

Chris
creinhard

Score: 1
On (my) web version, if you hover your mouse-pointer over the checkbox, it shows the date a task was created.

Chris
creinhard

Score: 0
I've been in this situation, I usually just resign myself to changing the due date for each and every task (in order to break out of the repeat cycle) .

As an aside, I find there's an interesting aspect to repeating tasks: sometimes they are actually Tasks that need to be done Daily, other times, there's a Task that needs to be done only once, but they they "repeatedly" show up on my daily list until I actually do them .... :D

Chris
creinhard

Toodledo is my master dumping ground for all of my todo's etc, where I can sort them, prioritize them, do them/defer them/delete them.

I often prefer to print out a list on paper, so I Tag certain Tasks "Paper", and then at the end of the day I can search by Tag "Paper", and the resulting list can be printed out.

Chris
creinhard

Posted Jul 14, 2018 in: Future Plans
Are most users using Toodledo on mobile or desktop platform? It's hard to tell from these posts ...

I personally use desktop version 99%, with a rare android visit here and there. I can't imagine being as productive on smarphone or tablet as I am on desktop ...

Chris
creinhard

Posted Jul 10, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
I am a longtime Gold Subscription User and I find this news disturbing. I filled out the survey, but its brevity and generic nature give me an uneasy feeling.

To Sam, Ramon, Anant, – can you tell us which to-do list manager you guys are using?

And if you are using ToodleDo, how long have you been using it, and which features do you like?

At the risk of being extorted, I will tell you I would pay for more (than Gold Subscription) to keep ToodleDo the way it is.

Chris
creinhard

ok thanks for replying... I downgraded my Firefox, so I'm able to use my old FF extensions ...

Chris
creinhard

Hello

For Bookmarking single websites I use the ToodleDo BookMarklet

For getting a list of multiple open browser tabs I've been using a Firefox extension called Send Tabs URL

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-tab-urls/

It creates a list of all my open browser tabs . The new Firefox version no longer supports this add-on.

Is there any way for ToodleDo to bookmark multiple open browser tabs?

Had to ask ..

(Might have to downgrade my Firefox...)

Thanks

Chris
creinhard

It now appears that the cursor responds like it used to in the Task Name Field (cursor places itself at the beginning of the field).

But for notes in a Task, the cursor still jumps to the bottom of the notes field ...

Chris
creinhard

Sometimes I regularly track websites etc, and I had been used to adding comments in the notes section, with my most recent notations being at the top) ... since the cursor behavior changed, it jumps to the bottom of the notes section (which can be quite long in my case)

At the moment I'm getting by with hitting CTRL HOME as soon as I open the notes section, but I do prefer the old way ... I'd vote for a toggle for cursor preference ... thanks

Chris
creinhard

Hi

It used to be that when you edited a Task name, the cursor would start at the beginning of the field, now it jumps to the end.

It used to be that if you had notes in Tasks, when you opened up notes, the cursor would place itself at the top, now it jumps to the bottom. Is this a new feature? Can this cursor behavior be optional?

Thanks
Chris
creinhard

Posted Feb 15, 2017 in: Optional Due Date
Me too ... yesterdays "Due Optionallys" are showing as "overdue" today .. firefox browser

Chris

This message was edited Feb 15, 2017.
creinhard

Ok thanks,

Chris
creinhard

I find Toodledo great for bookmarking things on the web, but I’m running into capacity issues with Tasks …

When I’m surfing/reading/browsing on the web, I use the ToodleDo BookMarklet to grab the URL’s into my task list for later viewing …

At a certain point (maybe after I’ve viewed the URL, or maybe I didn’t yet), I find myself wanting to offload some of these “tasks” so they don’t use up my Task Capacity. When I hit the maximum number of Tasks and need to delete tasks to make room, I’m actually deleting completed tasks which sometimes have more value than mere “bookmarks”.

I could delete these tasks/bookmarks one-by-one, but I’m wondering if there’s a better way .. I could collect all these ‘task/bookmarks" into a single folder, but then is there a way to export that single folder (making more room for “real” Tasks?

Thanks
Chris
creinhard

Got it!

I thought the "CSV" was a mouseover describing what a CSV file was (and I thought the export process had already finished once I clicked Export from the dropdown, so I clicked the Done button) ...

Thanks,
Chris
creinhard

Yes, I'm using the Web app ... I don't seem to be getting a prompt that asks me where to export the file to.

And the exported file is not in the download icon (firefox or chrome)

And the Download file on my local C: drive doesn't have it.

Is there some default-location-setting that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Chris
creinhard

Hi

I'm trying to duplicate a List. Seems the only way to duplicate it (with contents) is to export the list as CSV and then import in back into another list. But where does the exported CSV file go?

Thanks
Chris
creinhard

Ok thank you

Chris
creinhard

How do I delete completed task? I'm getting a message saying I can't add any new tasks until I delete completed tasks. How do I do this?

Thanks
creinhard

Posted Jan 14, 2016 in: Filters - how do they work now?
Got it, thank you!

Chris
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next