ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by MM1772"
MM1772

Posted Aug 07, 2012 in: My Use of Contexts
Score: 0
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2012
  • Score: 0
Oh, and in case you're wondering why I didn't use Time, well, I forgot that was there! I might experiment with that, using a set time like 1:00 pm for "after lunch" or 8:00 pm for "after dinner" and so on.
MM1772

Posted Aug 07, 2012 in: My Use of Contexts
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2012
I use Context a lot, in a way that's similar to Torysch's method (and don't worry, your explanation is fine).

I have things I can do only at work (Work), at home (Home), and so on. I have things I can do on the way to/from work (Commute). If I can do them anywhere, I don't assign a context.

What I haven't figured out is how to make subcontexts without having a huge list of contexts. For example, I have things I need to do as soon as I get home and things I need to do later in the evening. I've tried using priority, but that doesn't always work because sometimes there's something very important I need to do, but I can't do it until after dinner for some reason.

I'm going to give tags a try. Thanks for the idea!
MM1772

Score: 2
  • MM1772
  • Posted: May 09, 2012
  • Score: 2
I was going to mention the same thing about it being annoying if you don't collaborate.

Purveyor - Good question. I made certain folders private *in case* I decided later to collaborate. Since I'm not going to collaborate, I might as well make them non-private.

JPR - Great idea!
MM1772

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: No deadlines, just LISTS of my info
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2011
I create a page in Notebook instead of creating a task.

Using your example, I would create a notebook page called "Books I have Read" and then edit it whenever I finish another book.
MM1772

• MM1772
I don't know if this is efficient or not, but I have a folder called Errands. As I think of something, I create a task in that folder. If it needs to be done by a certain time, I give it a date; if not, I create the task with no date.

Anytime I'm doing errands, I look at all the other tasks in that folder to see if I can do any at the same time.

It's mostly a manual method, but it works fairly well for me.
MM1772

Posted Nov 28, 2011 in: offline manual
  • MM1772
I'm a tech writer by profession, and there's another option that might be viable. There are applications out there that will combine a bunch of HTML files into a single PDF or single RTF file. Some of them are free, some aren't.

Still, it takes a bit of re-arranging and cleanup (especially page breaks) after the fact. This means someone would have to do some post-processing.

You could probably do this yourself. Go to a site like CNet's www.downloads.com and search for software that will allow you to give it a URL that it will then save as PDF.
MM1772

Posted Oct 05, 2011 in: Email a task?
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2011
I know you can email a task, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to set it up. I found the help page for it, but it seems to be talking about the old interface (either that, or I'm misunderstanding). Under Tools, I can't find an Email Import section. I looked for the "secret email address" under Settings, thinking that it might be automatic now, but couldn't find it. Here are the instructions that I'm having trouble with:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php

First, go to the Tools page on Toodledo and find the "Email Import" section. Make sure the checkbox is checked, and then click the "Save Changes" button. This will enable email access to your account.

You will be given a secret email address that you will use to communicate with Toodledo.
MM1772

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
  • Score: -1
Wow. I thought I had navigated to the wrong website! Very impressive, and I'm looking forward to getting used to your new design.

As a technical writer, I'm quite aware of the decisions and trade-offs in user interface design. It's impossible to design a "one size fits all" interface. I'm sure that there will be some things that drive me nutty, but I doubt they'll be major!

Thanks!
MM1772

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Payin for Toodledo
Score: -1
  • MM1772
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2010
  • Score: -1
Posted by Andrew:
The value at Toodledo is simply greatest for an online task manager. At Remember the Milk, the biggest competitor, you are paying $25 a month for access to use RTM on your phone...

Andrew,
Don't you mean 25 a YEAR? Look at this page:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/upgrade/
Skip to Page:  1   2   3