ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by kentpavelka"
kentpavelka

Posted Aug 27, 2010 in: Question re: Using files
Score: 0
Regarding this part of your reply:

"If you are doing a lot of editing of documents that are attached to Toodledo tasks, it's probably better to import the document into Google Docs (or create a new document there) and create a link in Toodledo by copying the document's address (from your address bar when you are in the document) and pasting it into the note in a task. This will create a hyperlink to the document in Google Docs."

Are you saying to do this INSTEAD of attaching the file? In other words...don't use the file attachment option?

I assume doing it this way would allow me to edit and save...and thus, have it be a sort of living, breathing thing. Would be identical after this process in both Google Docs & inside Toodledo (as a link...in the task's note)

If this is so, what real value is the attachment option, considering all the "problems" it creates? (i.e. in trying..in essence... to maintain the "same" file in "Word" and as an attached file in Toodledo?
kentpavelka

Thank you. Trying to understand your instuctions.

Yes, I am using Google Chrome. Is that good, bad, or indifferent?
kentpavelka

I'm running into problems with the way I am trying to use files. The following is what I am doing and the trouble I'm having...

1. In "Manage Files", I choose a word file under "Add a File"..no problem doing that.

2. I then upload that file and it becomes one of my Toodledo files...no problem doing that.

3. I then go to a task and attach the new file from "Existing files"...no problem doing that.

4. I then download that attached file ....no problems doing that.

It is at this point that problems/issues/questions start:

5. The file doesn't open. It drops to the bottom of my screen and wants to be opened from there. Is this behaving correctly or should it pop open when I click the file icon inside Toodledo?

6. When I open the file, I want to be able not only to view it...but to change it (add updated text). I, of course, can do this...but then I apparently don't know how to save it showing the changes. It is saved (in word) as it existed before I made the changes. What am I doing wrong?
kentpavelka

I'm sure there are a number of ways to approach the following objective using Toodledo. However, I'm curious if anybody has a system that they think is particularly good.

At the end of the day, I find value of looking at the calendar view to review the tasks, etc. that I have completed (checked off)...and forward incomplete items in the calendar ahead.

It would be a nice addition for me to be able to...at that point...log a paragraph or two somewhere in Toodledo recapping the most important part of my day. I want to be able to view the what would be a "Daily Diary" at any given time. Would be a "place" in my Toodledo program where this log is kept in chronological order by date.

Make sense? Any ideas/thoughts?

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010.
kentpavelka

Posted Aug 13, 2010 in: Viewing attachments on Android...
Thanks, as always. This would keep Toodledo in front of me more...rendering DropBox much less a factor in my life...and also making it (Dropbox) less of a competitor for you...such as it is.

Regarding my second question: has anybody found any better Android app than "Toodle Droid" or "Got to Do"?
kentpavelka

Note: Android app for Dropbox allows viewing the files I want to see...(but would prefer to do from inside Toodledo droid apps).
kentpavelka

I successfully upgraded to Pro Plus and am now able to attach files to tasks.

However, now my desire is to be able to access those same tasks AND the associated files on my HTC EVO.

I am using both "Got to Do" and "Toodle Droid" on the handheld. Can I get access these attached task files via these apps on the EVO?

If so, can someone please provide instructions? I'm coming up blank.

If not...does anybody have suggestions (other apps for handheld) that will allow me to do this?

Are "Got to Do" and "Toodle Droid" the best (only) options right now for Toodledo access on Android, in general?
kentpavelka

Posted Aug 12, 2010 in: Adding a specific e-mail to a task
I have Pro Plus. I am trying to find a way to attach a specific Outlook (2003) e-mail to a task.

Cannot select the e-mail (or any specific e-mail) by doing the following:
-Attach New File
-New file
-Choose File

Is there another way? Please, if you don't mind, go through detailed instructions.

Thank you..
kentpavelka

Thank you!
kentpavelka

The warning says I have reached a server called *s3.amazonaws.com

I am clueless!!
kentpavelka

Two questions..hope that's okay in this one post..

I just coughed up the extra money for Pro Plus. Downloaded a word document to associate with a task but when I try to open the attachment inside the associated task... it wants to take me somewhere bad! I was able to attach files to tasks about an hour ago...now every time I do it...I get this same warning when I try to open them...telling me not to proceed!

Also, can I delete an older post? Looked around and can't find instructions to do that.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2010.
kentpavelka

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Word documents...
Great news...(I do have a Pro Plus account)..but I don't see how to do it. Can somebody help, please.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2010.
kentpavelka

Posted Aug 11, 2010 in: Word documents...
Is is possible to attach a MS word document to a task? If so, how?
kentpavelka

Posted Jun 22, 2010 in: Suggestion...tasks/notes/subtasks.
One of the things I've had a hard time training myself to do is to reguarly look for the notes and/or subtasks that I've created for a given task. As a result, I will forget to do something rather important related to that task, simply because I don't remember to check...and, because there is no striking visual cue reminding me to do so.

Example: The task is "Garbage". Note created is "throw out old frozen fish". What happens to me is I take out the garbage..but space off tossing the frozen fish...because it is "hidden" in a note.

Although I know I could exercise the option to have the notes or subtasks shown by default, I do prefer the single line look. Given that reality, my suggestion is as follows:

-For any task that includes a note or subtask, could the subject line text for that task be changed (automatically, when the note/subtask is created) to somehow to give it a different look? I'm thinking either have it be italicized or have an astrisk appear with it (the subject line task text).

Anybody else having this problem? What do you all think? Are there other tricks anhybody uses to deal with this "problem"?

k.p.
kentpavelka

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Help...I lost it...
I don't see a tip anywhere today. On what screens is it supposed to appear?
kentpavelka

Posted Jun 13, 2010 in: Help...I lost it...
I'm certain this is pretty simple to fix...but I can't figure it out: There was an item near the top of the various pages called "tips" that showed up automatically. I asked it it go away and can't find the place to bring it back. Anybody?
kentpavelka

I would like to see this also...exactly what Gianluca says!

Posted by Gianluca Carella:
Now we can add a task from the calendar view. It would be helpful if we could add a task from calendar by a simple click on a day, wich will be the due date of task.

Thanks!
kentpavelka

Posted Jun 12, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
This change is excellent. Also, my vote is to keep the lego box where it is. I use those options all the time...particuarly to clone tasks. It is an important part of how I get things done. Toodledo is the absolute best!
kentpavelka

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Help me understand...in my terms:
I am learning how repeat tasks work. Note: the Toodledo Forum notes on How Date Modifers work doesn't help me. The explanation there about due by, due on, due after and optionally on, just don't explain it to me.

I do finally understand the following:

-a task scheduled to repeat with a ? before it (optionally on) means that IF THAT TASK IS UNCHECKED ON A GIVEN DAY, IT DISAPPEARS FROM THAT DAY'S LIST AND REAPPEARS ON THE DATE IT IS RESCHEDULED. Do I have this right??

My questions: (fill in the rest of the sentence like above, please)..

1. -a task scheduled to repeat with a = before it (due on) means______________?
2. -a task scheduled to repeat with a > before it (due after) means
_________________?
3.-a task scheduled to repeat with no symbol before it (due by-default) means__________?

If someone can talk my language per the above, I would appreciate it VERY, VERY much.

k.p.
kentpavelka

So, there's no way to have a record of details regarding a completed task...exclusive to a given day's history? (Other than it is checked off as having been done? Makes the notes a bit useless IMHO)

This message was edited May 17, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next