ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jun 12, 2013 in: Outlines feature requests
Score: 0
Unable to delete item containing no visible text - should automatically be removed? (not sure how I created this "blank" line)

Ability to delete a single item - keeping other "checked" items

Allow longer lines (>150) of text with word-wrap

Shortcuts J and K seem backwards - J should be previous, K should be next (like arrow keys) (or i = previous(up), K = next(down))

Delete confirmation dialog (and other outlines dialogs) is "fullscreen" and inconsistent with other Toodledo dialogs

Thanks and keep up the great work!
ChristianDiscer

Posted Jun 11, 2013 in: Outlines Doesn't Work
Posted by mminnolera:
- On IE 8 on a Windows XP PC -- when clicking the Outlines tab, IE freezes and a long script warning box appears. I have to close IE.

I'm simply verifying mminnolera's problem with IE8. I'm on a Windows XP SP3 w/all Win critical updates.

Outlines is fine with Google Chrome, however IE8 freezes when accessing Outlines.
ChristianDiscer

Hovering the mouse cursor over a task name that's truncated in the display (i.e. a task with a lengthy name) does not display a popup for all tasks with lengthy names. That is, the popup always displays for some lengthy tasks while it does not display for other lengthy tasks.

Exhibits the same behaviour for the same tasks in Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome 27 (my default browser), Windows XP Pro SP3
ChristianDiscer

Posted May 14, 2013 in: Question got anyone who uses Chrome...
Using Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 on Windows XP SP3 with less than 50 toodledo tasks and the search box seems quick to me.

That is, the first and subsequent searches seem to have the same search speed.
ChristianDiscer

Thank you. Saw this setting but "assumed" the tasks would no longer be indented when displayed (me bad).

Unfortunately, the hidden option is global for all tasks. Having the parent task remember its subtask(s) open/closed state would be perfect.

As suggested, I intend to use the hidden option. Thanks again.
ChristianDiscer

I have a monthly scheduled task with multiple subtasks which repeat "with the parent."

Viewing the subtasks is unnecessary until the parent task is due, so I collapse the subtasks to "compact" the view, but the subtasks again become visible when the web page is refreshed.

I would like the parent task to remember its closed or open state between sessions and/or screen refreshes.

Thank you.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Apr 25, 2013 in: Suggestion: Quick Reminders
Posted by joelsemail:
Sometimes a task isn't a task. It's a reminder. A reminder for example to "think" something.

Have you thought about adding a TAG named "think"? Then a search could be used to list them.

Also, depending on how you utilize toodledo, setting "think" items to a negative priority may help "set these aside" until you wish to view them.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: Subtasks count is sometimes wrong
Toodledo App 3.0.2 on 4th Gen iPod, iOS 6.1.2, Connected via WiFi

Toodledo App is set to sync on Start/Quit & on Edit.

Note: I would consider this a low priority problem.

Note: Could not reproduce with WiFi disconnected (airplane mode), so possibly an online issue.

Reproducing the problem:

Add a task, edit the details, then add sub-task(s), return to the task details and the "subtasks" count is sometimes wrong (e.g. 1 instead of 2).

Accessing the subtasks again and returning to the task details does not usually correct the count.

This discrepancy seems to happen more (not always) when the "add subtask" button is used from the task screen (as opposed to using "add subtask" from the sub-task screen.

Thanks. BTW Glad the new version is back. There are MANY things I like about it.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Feb 21, 2013 in: Option to hide values that are not set
I should have mentioned "Toodledo Highlighter" displays the hidden (non-set) values in a dimmed state when hovering the mouse pointer over the task. That seems to be a workable compromise, that is, hidden non-set values until hovered over.

I may check out "Stylish" too. Thanks again.
ChristianDiscer

Posted Feb 20, 2013 in: Option to hide values that are not set
I see, but the values (without an extension) are dimmed in color when not set. So, why not "simply" set the text color to the background color - effectively hiding it from display while still retaining an area to click on. Not a CSS/HTML programmer, but does that make sense?
ChristianDiscer

Posted Feb 20, 2013 in: Option to hide values that are not set
This idea comes from the "Toodledo Highlighter" extension - specifically the "More Focus Enabled (hide as mush as possible until needed)" option.

Thanks.
ChristianDiscer

Score: 5
My short wish list; (1) reduce empty space, (2) hide elements when they are not set. For me there's no need to display "No folder", "Doesn't repeat", "No Due Date", etc.

Thank you
ChristianDiscer

Posted Oct 03, 2012 in: Automated backups?
Score: 3
Posted by Jake:
It will most likely be a Pro Plus feature since it will utilize storage on our servers.

Pro Plus - Thought as much, due to the "10GB file upload" feature.

This was my lame attempt at getting automatic backup capabilities for pro accounts using external online storage services. ;)
ChristianDiscer

Score: 1
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)
Not sure what you mean here.

You have this ability now, don't you? Just save the backup file to a Dropbox folder or SkyDrive folder on your computer.

Yes, but it's a manual process. I'm talking about having toodledo do an automatic backup at some specified scheduled date/time to an online storage service. No intervention on my part is needed.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by wksims86:
Context > Folder > Task > Subtask

E.g. "Law School > Evidence > Outlining> Outline Ch. 3 - Relevance"

Apologies for jumping in, but that's exactly how I use toodledo. Where my hierarchy is:

Location > DepartmentName > Task > Subtask

Where location is Work, Personal, or Church.
ChristianDiscer

Score: 1
Yes, automated backups would be a nice feature for Pro & Pro Plus users. Also...

(1) The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)

(2) Use the full "CENTURY" to the default backup file name.

Current default: toodledo_back_120601.xml
Proposed default: toodledo_back_20120601.xml

Thanks.
ChristianDiscer

Same problem on iPod Touch (4th Gen) - I don't use that setting, but you should know it happens on other devices as well.
ChristianDiscer

Ditto - thank you.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by Toodledo:
@ChristianDiscer : It already uses the task defaults that you have set in your account settings.

Yes, I see that now.

However, I would prefer different task defaults for "toodledo bookmarklet's" to easily set them apart from my "normal" tasks. In my case the defaults would be: Context = "Personal", Tag = "bookmark"

Thank you.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2012.
ChristianDiscer

Score: 2
This is a handy feature. Is it possible to set default task parameters, like context, folder, tag, etc.

Even "remembering" the last used parameters would be helpful.

Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next