ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by johnprince2112"
johnprince2112

Posted Mar 08, 2015 in: ToodleDue Sync
Score: 0
Last evening I installed ToodleDue on my iOS. I like it as it's a nice view. However, I noticed this morning that my ToodleDo app is reponding very slowly. It will sync, then pause for 2-3 seconds, caching each action (so if I press a button three times thinking it's unresponsive, when it 'catches up' it will execute those three actions.

I closed ToodleDue, but it still happening. I also changed my sycn options in Toodledo iOS app to not sync on edit...still happening. Also, does that option affect the methods being called in the API for third parties, or it is strictly for syncing the iOS app to the browser app?

I am not seeing any sync options in ToodleDue, but can assume that ToodleDue is providing request txns that are slowing down ToodleDo?

My questions is concerning the ToodleDo API and what sync options are available? i.e. Is it event driven or batch process via some listener? I ask because it appears to happen at time intervals and not based on any updates. I will of course reach out to the tea at ToodleDue, but just curious if anyone knows what might be causing the program to suddenly slow. It's pretty bad and if ToodleDue is the culprit I will uninstall and request a refund.

Thanks
johnprince2112

Posted Mar 08, 2015 in: initial Impressions
While Snooze would cover this scenario, I'd still like to request it in the event it can bre implemented outside of the Snooze feature.

Delayed Location Alarms:
To put it in context, I drive to work and have six tasks that I want to accomplish when I get there. These are all set to fire at my arrival (within ~100 yards).

1`. I pull in to parking lot and they fire.
2. by the time I get to my desk (10 minutes later), I forgot all about them.

If there was an option under Location Alarms>Alert Distance that was 'X Minutes after Arrival' (where X is a global setting) then I could set this to '10'.

Also, I thought I posted this but do not see it...is there a Pilot group for certain features? Have you procured feedback on how the 'Snooze' feature will work? I have some suggestion I would like to see if the business rules have not been locked down yet

Thanks

This message was edited Mar 08, 2015.
johnprince2112

Posted Mar 08, 2015 in: Negative Priority in App
I created a Search Priority IS '-1'

When I run this search in the Browser App, it works fine (it displays a view set to "Show" Negative Priority Tasks. However in the iOS app, when I set this value in the "Show" page, it holds the value for ALL views.

Example in Browser:
1. Select 'All Tasks"
2. Select Show and I uncheck 'Negative Priority Tasks". Going forward this view will always filter out those tasks
3. Select my custom search '-1 Tasks'.
4. Select Show, and I check 'Negative Priority Tasks". Going forward this specific view will always SHOW those tasks,.
5. Select 'All Tasks' again, negative priority tasks are still being filtered (good)

Example in iOS
1. Select 'All Tasks"
2. Select Show and set 'Negative Priority' to Hide.
3. Select my custom search '-1 Tasks'. All records are filtered.,
4. Select Show and set 'Negative Priority' to 'Show'
4. Select 'All Tasks' and the -1 tasks are no longer filtered.

Short version: in the Browseer app it seems to be by view. In the iOS it seems to be a global setting. Is this a known defect?

Thanks
johnprince2112

I agree. This is a tremendous idea!
johnprince2112

Posted Mar 03, 2015 in: After Three Weeks
Score: 1
After three weeks using this app, I have concluded the following:

1. This is my favorite GTD app ever. I've worked in computer software in numerous roles for 20+ years in leadership and non-leadership (architecture, product management, SCM, etc) these guys do it right.
2. I'm still confused on whose replying to inquiies. I get responses from some folks saying "this is on the roadmap" but are the employees or owners, or users?
3. I'm trial testing for using in my organization. Slow rolled by 10 depending on current success. Before I ask for money I want to ensure I know what I getting

Apologies as I imagine these questions have been asked--I did cursory look and have read the help documentation.

1. I'm unable to indent my sub-tasks on my iOS. The 'Show Menu' options contain a control mentioned in the Help I am not seeing. Basically want to set my indentations for all sub-tasks once. This is without a doubt my biggest need here if not available now. I am 100% about views and as heavily as I use sub-tasks an extra step wouldnot work. I'd settle for any delineation (color coding) but I'm old, my eyes are bad, so the fewer the clicks are better in any situation.

2. Formatting of notes. Assume its a technical limitation...is this on your roadmap?

3. The 'Upload File' button was inactive while at my work today (I was on wireless). I'm going to throw it on them but if there is anything they need to be aware about the control access, let me know. I spend 1/2 my day on wireless and upload 80% of my documentation at work (so I can read on the train home)--it is important.

I have some other questions but it is obvious you get asked a lot of questions. Irregardless..I'm straight up blown away by what I've seen so I'm looking forward to using this software for the long-term! Thanks!

This message was edited Mar 03, 2015.
johnprince2112

Posted Feb 25, 2015 in: initial Impressions
Also, I was thinking tags were a many to many feature. I can only assign one tag per task. Am I missing the intent of this?

Good news on the list for device. That is very sharp app!

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015.
johnprince2112

Posted Feb 25, 2015 in: initial Impressions
I was told Snooze is on your roadmap. Regarding location AND time based filters...the person I spoke with said he/she had not thought of it previously but would put it for consideration.

I understand you don't have it yet. My question is when is 'yet'?

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015.
johnprince2112

Posted Feb 24, 2015 in: initial Impressions
Hi all,

My name is John and I'm new to Toodledo, I've been analyzing GTD apps for my org, and believe I have finally found one that will suit all of our needs. I was considering building one (we are a software company as well), however I have been thoroughly impressed with Toodledo. In a word: WOW!

The top two items I'm looking for at the moment is the ability to delay a task (snooze) with pre-configured values (x time unit) or arrive/leave a specific location, in addition to alert-based filters (example: When I arrive at work, display filter my view where context='work'.

What's impressed me most about Toodledo is they appear to think outside of the box, so looking forward to a long-lasting relationshiop. ;-)

With that said two quick questions:
1. How do I edit tags? (Kind of embarrassed to ask this but my edits are not saving)
2. I really like te list feature, and am curious why it is not supported on the device. Specifically what I like about it is the fact you can customize the lists. I'm not n need to create lists on the device, but would love to maintain the ones I create in the web module. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4