ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Theresa_3"
Theresa_3

Posted Oct 21, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 0
I never used 'Add Task' in the browser, but I do notice when I open it that the field label 'Note' is a different font than the other labels. And the labels 'Tag' and 'Note' overlap the fields above them which makes it look quite sloppy. I always use 'Quick Add Task' so I never even looked at this panel before. I notice that the entry fields map to the columns displayed and in the same order. I don't really like the order - the logical grouping of my entry data doesn't match the order I want to see them displayed. For example, I would think on entry all the date related fields should be together and they wouldn't be if the columns aren't deliberately arranged that way.

However, the 'Add Task' button in the iphone app is pretty awful. You get a great big space to enter the Task Name/Description. It takes up half the iphone screen. And then you cannot enter anything else on this screen. Instead, you have to either hit 'Edit' here or add it and then navigate to recently added to edit it. It's very awkward. The big entry box is not even labelled so I wasn't sure at first when I went in, what I was supposed to do. I would think that on the entry screen, you would at least have some of the key fields - perhaps Folder and Due Date - so that you can add them here without doing to another screen. This screen seems like it's attempting to be a quick add task however it's not a quick task because the click pattern is different than the browser:
Browser: <task 1> type name, hit enter. <task 2> type name, hit enter.
iPhone: <task 1> hit [Add Task], type name, hit [Add] <task 2> hit [Add Task], type name, hit [Add]
The iPhone one isn't awful since at least both buttons are in the upper right so that you can do them with one hand rather than switching between hands. But it's still not the same as a quick add.

Posted by sprouty76:
I've been positive about pretty much all of the recent changes, but I hate what you've done with the Add Task button. It belongs inside the tab that gets selected when you pick Tasks (and the same with Add Outline, etc), not at the same level. Also not keen on the appearance of the button itself.

Also not a fan of the drop down list for the different components instead of the tab bar in the beta version. Feels and looks quite clunky. I prefer the site logo in the top left, and then a nice, concise bar for the different sections - for all sites, not just TD.