ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jrod"
Jrod

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
  • Score: 1
I see the point of people wanting the option to get rid of or hide the left sidebar, but I will say: I have been playing around with the sidebar the last few minutes and the new functionality is amazing. I rarely used the horizontal sidebar because it was so cumbersome. Now it's a really efficient way to see your tasks from all different perspectives.

The refresh speed is a massive improvement too.
Jrod

Score: 0
  • Jrod
  • Score: 0
I'm sure there will be tons of tweaks by the guys who redesigned this in Stylish, but at least the official UI cuts down on the cheese factor a lot. This thing looks serious.
Jrod

• Jrod
The redesign is here! The redesign is here!
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2011
I use the ICS calendar to connect Toodledo to Outlook. It bring all tasks into the calendar - just those to which you assigned a date.
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
+1 - I'm getting an Android phone this week.
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2011
Yes!
Jrod

Posted Jun 01, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2011
+100! This is the most glaring omission from the custom search function. Saving search + sort would blow that feature wide open.

This would make Toodledo perfect. Once you add this, you are done. No more updates needed. :)
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2010
The multi-add for subtasks is huge. Great improvement.

I also really, really like the fixed scrolling feature.

Both these improvements make working in TD quite a bit smoother.
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
I was also wondering if there was ever a solution for this.
Jrod

• Jrod
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2010
The last I saw this isn't a feature now, but is being looked at.

I also vote on this being an important feature to implement - especially in custom searches. This is the one missing element that keeps custom searches from being the best they can be.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010.
Jrod

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Vin:
I've tried out a few of your themes, and liked them all. But I think this one is the best so far. Nice work.
Jrod

Posted Jan 26, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
  • Score: 2
Vin Thomas: dust off your resume! :)
Jrod

Posted Jan 23, 2010 in: 2009 In Review
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2010
Congratulations - that's a great big list of improvements. Several of them were major changes for the better. This was a great year to become a Pro user. I really felt like I got my money's worth!
Jrod

Posted Oct 23, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2009
@Proximo:
That's right - I forgot you use the stars to indicate your next actions. I stand corrected.
Jrod

Posted Oct 22, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2009
That's why we all like Toodledo so much. It can fit whatever method that works for you!
Jrod

Posted Oct 21, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2009
@Steve:
My solution to that is I run Toodledo in two tabs.

At my office, one tab is one my custom search for "Next Actions - Work" (tasks in the "Next Actions" folder, with context "@Work", sorted by starred items at top). The other tab is open to the folder "Projects."

Probably 90% of what I do in Toodledo is within those two views.

I've never had a problem with mismatched data between views. If I've made a lot of changes on one tab, I just refresh the next time I switch tabs and all changes are reflected there.

Proximo prefers a harder edge between Project actions and individual actions. I prefer assigning the "Next Actions" folder to the next actions within my project list.

For me, this is a visual clue within my projects about which task is my next action. It also tells me at a glance if I don't have a next action assigned in a project.
Jrod

Posted Oct 16, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2009
@garroteman:
You make a pretty good case for weeding down the number of contexts. I'm generally at home, work or an an errand somewhere between the two. And I have the same tools at work that I do at home as well.

I have been moving in this direction anyway, but today I made it official and combined all my "@computer", "@email", etc. contexts into a general Work or Home group. I think this will help simplify things some more.

The only tool-based context I kept was @Phone, because I think phone conversations are very inefficient actions. So, I prefer to group all the phone calls I have to make, then knock them all out in one sitting.
Jrod

• Jrod
@Steve:
When you do that in a custom search, you have an option on the right to turn off the filters on that group of subtasks.
Jrod

• Jrod
@Steve:
For tasks that MUST be done on certain date, I put them on my calendar (I'm using Outlook at work). Since I review my calendar first thing each morning, that's where the reminder needs to be.

Once I knock out anything required on that day and take note of my scheduled meetings, I move over to the tasks in Toodledo.
Jrod

Posted Oct 13, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Jrod
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2009
  • Score: -1
I have been playing around with Proximo's setup lately, and found a slight variation that some people may find helpful.

I changed the "Actions" folder to "Next Actions" (it sounds picky but you'll see why in a second).

I did that so when I do my weekly review, I can change go through my subtasks under each project and change the next physical action to "Next Action." I think of this as a commitment to do it sometime in the next week.

My custom searches for Work and Home focuses on anything in those contexts that is labeled next action. At the end of the day, I review the custom searches and 'star' the actions that are especially hot or that I will commit to finishing the next day.

With the tasks/subtask setup for projects, I can always click on a task to see the parent project task and all surrounding tasks that are collected. If the next physical action after that needs to be done that week, I check off the completed task and change the new next action to the "Next Action" folder.

What I like about this variation is:
1) It fits with my way of doing weekly reviews, which is to ask myself "What am I willing to commit myself to over the next week?"
2) It allows me to collect any additional actions as they occur to me and assign them easily to their project. (Assign them to the "Projects" folder without a context, and they show up at the bottom of the Projects screen. Next time you're viewing all your projects, drag them up to the appropriate parent task.)
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next