ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by thepaj"
thepaj

Posted Jan 01, 2016 in: Downgrade to Basic
Score: 0
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2016
  • Score: 0
Yes, just wait för your paid subscription to end.
thepaj

Posted Nov 04, 2015 in: Progress Report - October 2015
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Olivir2015, Jake.

Yes, the problem seems to be intermittent. On this computer with IE 11, I still have the problem right now.
thepaj

Posted Nov 03, 2015 in: Progress Report - October 2015
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Jake, it suddenly works again (at least on this computer, I will try the work 'puters tomorrow). I had the refresh problem for a couple of weeks on both IE and Firefox, at work and at home. It Ddd not work earlier today when I wrote the post above. Strange, but thanks anyway.
thepaj

Posted Nov 03, 2015 in: Progress Report - October 2015
Score: 1
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
  • Score: 1
Another thing that requires more mouse clicks than before is this:

When a task is completed (with the mouse), the key "R" does not refresh the task list until you click on something else in the list, then the "R" key will work and refresh the list.

Everything is a bit more cumbersome in the new interface, if you are working in a standard browser? Is this the price we have to pay for making stuff work on smartphones?
thepaj

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Can you please change the color of a newly created task to something that stands out (in the location it is created, before a screen refresh)? In the old, generally more useable, interface the new tasks had a green background, which made it easy to identify and refer to when adding several new tasks. I use Linenbergers MYN and, once refreshed, many new tasks are hidden until start date. The new color (same as the top bar) makes it harder to see the new tasks Before sorting.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2015.
thepaj

Posted Sep 23, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Score: 2
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2015
  • Score: 2
The last few comments, along with my own thoughts leads to the question: Is all this change just based on a wish to create a modern look, rather than improving Toodledo as a productivity tool?

From a productivity point of view, I can't really find anything, except maybe the more "contrasty" Icons, that makes Toodledo faster or easier to work with compared to the "original" version. I correct myself: The half-transparent "K" for the hotkeys help is a good feature too.

I know I'm old and grumpy and negative, but I just don't see the point in moving things around just because it can be done.
thepaj

Posted Sep 19, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Posted by pawelkaleta:
I am not so convinced if we compare apples to apples here but everyone has a right to his opinion so I'll not argue with that. My opinion is that TD is only a TOOL which supports productivity and not the main driver of my productivity. Using the tool, like using hammer or smartphone is not a decision generator for me at all, hence I do not have a right to blame those tools for my pure productivity. Yes, the hammer might be not big enough or might be too big but it is still me who has to use it ...or I can always use a different one :-)

Adding more clicks when not needed to an interactive interface is never a good thing, adding distraction and effort to daily work. TD is a tool, and tools should do the job in the most efficient, transparent way possible. If you build a house with a bad hammer (you had a great hammer before, but it was stolen) and get one bad hit on each nail (costing a small amount of time and energy each time), the misses will finally add up to big losses. If you ride a bike with a dry chain, you will need to put in extra effort to keep up speed, and maybe spend some extra energy cursing the dry chain.

Simple as that.

Now with the breadcrumb stuff, the ribbon is totally obsolete. I will miss the earlier behaviour, the auto-expanding/collapsing left menu, because it was fast and totally out of the way when not needed.
thepaj

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Posted by Acustk:
Posted by c5000nc:
I really like the bread crumb bar, but would suggest one minor enhancement:

At each stage from left to right, add a Refresh button between the item and the arrow. This would allow us to refresh with one click instead of two (clicking on the item, then again on that same item on the pull down menu). This currently is especially cumbersome if there are a lot of items on the pull down menu (like Folders), requiring us to also scroll to refresh it.

I frequently change the date or other column of a To-Do, and like to refresh the view. It would be nice to have one click for that with the left side closed.

Thanks.

For me, clicking the "Tasks" link (the one at the very top of the page) does the refresh that you are asking for.

If hotkeys are enabled, you can press 'R' on the keyboard to refresh the view.
thepaj

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2015
In 50 days my subscription will end and I must decide on extending or not. I hope there will still be some uncluttered space left on screen by then. I used to love the simple interface with few distractions. Just a lot of filter and sorting options on a fast and stable engine, allowing me to get things done. Even on small displays where every pixel counts.

I don't understand the need for both the ribbon (at all, really) and the breadcrumb bar, since they both do the same thing in terms of selecting views. And both requires more clicks to change the view than was needed before with the auto-collapsing side menu. Sorry I don't get it. If the ribbon must be used, why not try to put collaboration stuff in there too? Or get rid of the non-auto-collapsing ribbon and just use the breadcrumb bar?

Sorry about my ranting, but I don't think Toodledo is improving as a productivity tool right now.
thepaj

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 2
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2015
  • Score: 2
@pawelkaleta,

I think the problem is that many of the Toodledo users really seek ways to be more effective and structured and always try to improve their workflows. Changes like the ribbon actually adds more clicks to our workflow or take valuable screen space away without improving effectiveness, just to change the looks of the interface. That hurts if you strive to get more things done, with less effort!

By the way, will the auto-collapse side menu be implemented or not?

This message was edited Sep 01, 2015.
thepaj

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2015
The beta ribbon behavior is a step in the right direction, with fewer clicks needed. I would like to be able to hide the whole ribbon thingy when not needed.
thepaj

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 4
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2015
  • Score: 4
Ok, so I'm the only one who is disappointed. I really liked the earlier feature that totally scrolled the "left menu" out of the way and displayed it again on mouse rollover. The ribbon requires more clicks to change view and also a click to get it out of the way again. I usually don't complain but this is annoying me. Can you please at least fix an auto-collapse function so the menu (and preferably the ribbon too) gets out of the way after clicking a menu item or on mouse roll-off.

But I like the vertical scrolling. That is an improvement.
thepaj

Posted Jul 29, 2013 in: Tag input dialog behavior...
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2013
Posted by Jason Bushell:
I also get this quite often when typing in dates into other fields, so it must affect other fields as well.

+1
thepaj

Posted Dec 30, 2012 in: Editing Saved Searches
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2012
When I open saved searches with "Modify search", the old search, with all conditions is shown for editing.

Maybe something wrong with your browser? Which browser do you use?
thepaj

Posted Dec 30, 2012 in: Allow to display this
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2012
Thanks JPR, I did not understand the use of calendar view at all. Had not noticed those small arrows before.

You learn something new every day...
thepaj

Posted Jan 28, 2012 in: Markdown Support
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2012
@marix

Thank you for your effort. I have tried your script on Firefox 9.0.1 on Ubuntu, and it doesn't seem to do anything. It could of course be me - never used greasemonkey before.

Maybe someone else will try it with FF.
thepaj

Posted Jan 22, 2012 in: Comments/Notes for each task?
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2012
Look for a little icon resembling a paper. Click on it to open an edit field. Click again to save/close the note.
thepaj

• thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2012
Hi,

I just tried this myself. On the subject line I wrote:
"Taskname * @@Home *Inbox" and it worked like intended. The task became starred, got context @Home and put in folder Inbox.

The first * is for the star
thepaj

• thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
They come from DGT GTD. I don't know how to remove them, I have not tried to do that.
thepaj

Posted Jan 09, 2012 in: Markdown Support
  • thepaj
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2012
+1
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next