ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Richard Masters"
Richard Masters

Posted Sep 20, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
Score: 1
Here is one small example of the impact of diversification (aka 'spreading resources too thin') in going after new customers at the expense of listening to current paying ones:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/16984/0/wierd-warning-in-chrome-browser.html

This is a relatively small bug but one that is really irritating. It would be so simple to correct but what is Toodledo's attitude to fixing it?
"Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it"

That does not fill me with confidence for the future maintenance of the task management system that we have all learned to love and depend on.
Richard Masters

Posted Sep 19, 2013 in: DesktopTodo 1.3
Score: 0
Hi Hafiz

I have just installed DesktopTodo v1.3.1 and I am slightly disappointed at how long it takes to load. It is over 5 seconds before I see a splash screen and then a further 25 - 30 seconds before the application is available.

Is there a reason for this long load time - I don't think it has to do much at that point? I haven't used the application much yet because it is still quicker to fire up Chrome and use Toodledo web, but it looks like it could be a really good desktop task management app if it could be speeded-up.

Thanks, Richard
Richard Masters

Posted Sep 19, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
Score: 3
I fear that the new business plan is to compete with Evernote, which is a doomed venture and personally I will stay with Evernote. Or it is to remain at the 'simple' note-taking end of the market, but that is already occupied by Simplenote, which does that very nicely.

Toodledo's strength is in its powerful task management features with a very good web front end and really good integration with apps on every platform. If they lose focus on maintaining and improving the customer experience of that core functionality it will be at their long-term cost. And that would be a big loss to us all.
Richard Masters

Posted Sep 18, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
Score: 3
I find the proliferation of tabs - 'Tasks', 'Notes', 'Outlines', and now 'Lists' - increasingly confusing and of no help to my workflow at all.

Toodledo has been a superb *task* management tool for me over the years with great web interface and cross-platform support with apps on Android and iOS.

I am really not sure how having separated lists of notes, outlines and lists helps with this.

What am I missing?
Richard Masters

Posted Sep 18, 2013 in: wierd warning in chrome browser
Score: -1
Perhaps you can spend a little more effort on tidying up irritating things with your current service - like being able to dismiss the "Warning" message - than introducing new features (e.g. Outlines, Lists)?
Thanks,
Richard
Richard Masters

Posted Jan 16, 2012 in: Notebook on slim website
Score: 0
+1 from me. I would have thought that this was a very easy update to the 'slim' interface and would bring a lot of benefit to a lot of people. There are a lot of phones without a dedicated client, and even some client apps only sync with tasks, so this would be good. (In my case, I've got a Nokia N8 running Symbian ^3).
Anyone from Toodledo want to comment? Last comment was in June 2011...