Search results for "Posted by Ben"
Ben

Posted Jan 25, 2014 in: Toodledo iOS update for iOS 7
Score: 0
  • Ben
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2014
  • Score: 0
Posted by Ben:

I'm also having it freezing. I'm going to submit a support ticket.
It freezes after "Sync Complete" for several seconds. It can also freeze right when I enter the app. Can't scroll, can't tap, nothing.

Before I posted a ticket I uninstalled and reinstalled Toodledo. It's not freezing after syncing any more.
Ben

Posted Jan 25, 2014 in: Toodledo iOS update for iOS 7
  • Ben
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2014
Posted by brage.strand:
Anyone else have problems with the toodeldo app "freezing" at random times?

I'm also having it freezing. I'm going to submit a support ticket.
It freezes after "Sync Complete" for several seconds. It can also freeze right when I enter the app. Can't scroll, can't tap, nothing.
Ben

• Ben
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2013
I have Toodledo on iOS, but also use the website occasionally (once every couple of weeks) as its often faster.
However, I often have to login, even though I've chosen "Remember Me" every time I login.
Please add a setting that lets me set how long the "Remember Me" remembers me. I would set it to 1 month, maybe longer.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben

Posted Jul 05, 2013 in: iOS: option for non-stop alarm
  • Ben
Longtime (2008?) Toodledo Pro user. Love it. There are a couple of things that would make it even better.

I sometimes have a very important task that has to be done at a certain time. The alarm is great, but its a one-time, half-second sound that I often miss with my phone in my pocket, or temporarily away from my phone. That has burned me badly in the past.

I need an option for an alarm that doesn't shutup until I tap a button. Just like other iOS alarms.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben

Posted Jul 05, 2013 in: Snooze Function - New Thread
  • Ben
+1 for snooze.

Do you keep a list of future features that we can up-vote?

I'd also love to have the option for an alarm that doesn't stop sounding until I press a button, for high priority "must do now" things. But that's a slightly different topic.
Ben

• Ben
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2011
I use a few computers, and don't always log into Toodledo frequently on some of them, but I still want it to remember my login.
If I'm away from Toodledo too long (2 weeks?) it forgets who I am, and I have to re-login.
It would be nice if I could set how long until the cookie expires in my Settings.
I would set it to 2 months probably.
Ben

Posted Apr 30, 2010 in: Firefox Addon Updated
  • Ben
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Woo hoo!
Ben

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: Updated Firefox Addon
  • Ben
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2010
Would love to see some enhancements to the plugin, such as simple things like having the "Remind Me" dropdown on the "Add Task" page, and improving the date picker to show a calendar...

I use the plugin more than the web site.
Ben

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • Ben
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Posted by Anders:

Of course Toodledo does SMS notifications now, so this is not quite as neat a trick as it used to be.

~Anders

OK, I've got it setup. Much appreciated.
However, are you able to get the events to have an alert? The Google Calendar shows that there is an alert set for my event, but when I look in the iPhone calendar, there's no alert set. Is there a way to do that that you know of?

Google says it works on this page:
http://www.google.com/mobile/apple/sync.html
"Get calendar alerts. Using your iPhone's native calendar, you can now access multiple Google calendars, and be alerted for upcoming appointments with sound or vibration."

That would save a lot of SMS messages for me.
Ben

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • Ben
Posted by Anders:

In the meantime, in case you are not aware, you can see all your time-specific tasks in the built in iPhone calendar by using the Toodledo iCal feed, and syncing it through google calendar or some other means. I do this, not as much for the view, but for the push notifications.

Anders, can you elaborate on this?
What do I need to do to get push notifications for Toodledo events?
I have an iphone and a gmail calendar with the webcal feed so that google calendar displays my Toodledo tasks.
But I don't see how I get the built-in iPhone calendar to display the events.
Ben

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: iPhone 3.0
  • Ben
I just updated to 3.0, and then added a task in the Toodledo app, everything seems fine.

Any chance of push notification for Toodledo coming, so that we don't have to use SMS messages?
Ben

Posted Mar 27, 2009 in: Tasks vs Calender events
  • Ben
  • Posted: Mar 27, 2009
I use Toodledo with 30boxes.com, which also has the ability to have an iCal feed (like Google Calendar).

Its a great view of my tasks/events, and looks great in the iPhone.

I don't have to look at my calendar very often, but when I do, 30boxes.com does the trick.
Ben

Posted Mar 25, 2009 in: Toodledo Slim Application
  • Ben
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Quickest way for me to add/update tasks is the Toodledo sidebar in Firefox, available with the Firefox plugin:
http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

Super quick, no need to bring up web page. I added the firefox sidebar button to my toolbar, so I can open and close it instantly.
Ben

Posted Nov 17, 2008 in: iPhone App Updated to 1.3
  • Ben
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2008
Nice work. This app keeps getting better and better.

One suggestion: List the folders in the same order that they are listed on the web site. On the web, the folders list can be custom sorted. I have lots of folders, but there are a few that are used often. On the web site I've put those at the top of the list, but they don't display that way in the iPhone app.
Ben

Posted Oct 21, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • Ben
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2008
In regards to the edit button...
I think it should work like the web page does. A task within the web page isn't editable until you select the field within the task that you want to change, and then that field becomes editable. No need to have the edit button.

But perhaps a new setting could be added, whether to show the edit button (and tasks are initially read-only) or be instantly editable.

Personally, I constantly try to tap on the fields when I open a task, before I realize I have to click the edit button.
Ben

Posted Oct 21, 2008 in: iPhone App Updated
  • Ben
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2008
It just keeps getting better. Great job.

My feature requests (if this is the place)
- For a new task, default to the folder that I am in (if I'm in one).
- Option to immediately enter into Edit mode when a task is selected. I almost always want to edit the task if I'm selecting it, and the "edit" view shows everything that the "read only" view has, so it would save me time from having to click "Edit" everytime. If others don't like that, they can change the option.
- Notebook option. Lower priority, as I can use other apps for taking notes, but it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Looking forward to the next update. I noticed the date clearing bug as well.