ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Sylanel"
Sylanel

Posted Aug 15, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2019
  • Score: 0
Is Toodledo still actively supported and in good shape? There seems to be a lack of communication that unfortunately gives the impression that it is being abandonned. The current user base as well as potential new customers will need to know and see that Toodledo is being kept alive and will keep evolving.
Sylanel

Posted Oct 29, 2013 in: Enhanced Alarms
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2013
Would there be any way to prevent automatic creation of alarms with aautomatic addition of Due Time when we only want to input a date for reference of our tasks or projects?

Also, there is a glitch with this automatic addition of Due Time according to the advisory on the Alarms page. It says that an alarm with Due Time of noon will be automatically added, yet all I got for all my tasks are Due Time of midnight. It is quite annoying to get multiple alarms at midnight all the time.

If the option to only have Due Date and no alarm is not possible, would it be possible to add an option to choose a default Due Time?
Sylanel

• Sylanel
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2010
I would like to know if it would be possible to add the ability to set a specific number of recurrences for a repeating task, or a end date for the repetition?

What I mean is that say I have a daily task that has to be completed for the next 3 weeks. It could also be a daily task that has to be completed and repeated starting today until 20th July. I can do that in Outlook at work and on Pocket Informant on my iPhone, but those special recurrences cannot sync properly in Toodledo.
Sylanel

Posted Feb 05, 2009 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.3 is Available
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2009
Posted by keef:
I can't replicate this and I can't see how any of the changes in the most recent version could affect the due time field.

Is the conversion happening at the web site or on your iphone?
Have you changed any settings at all in Toodledo recently?
Does this problem occur for new tasks or only for edited tasks?

Feel free to mail me (developer(at)chromadrake.com) if you want to work this out off line.

keef

I tried to make more tests in hope things would get back to normal, but it was no use. I'll contact you via email shortly.
Sylanel

Posted Feb 03, 2009 in: Outlook Client 0.9.9.3 is Available
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Hi keef,
Thanks for the quick response. I did check the timezone settings both on my computer and Toodledo and everything is set properly. I'm just mystified by the situation... Let me know if you need me to conduct some tests.
Sylanel

• Sylanel
I've been trying over and over and over, with no success whatsoever... All due time gets translated to AM instead of PM upon sync, thus making the sync useless for now. I'll have to rely on using the Toodledo web interface only until the sync gets fixed.
Sylanel

• Sylanel
I am having serious problems with this latest release of the sync client. Somehow, all reminders (due time) from MS Outlook 2007 that are in the afternoon (PM) get converted to the morning (AM). I am not too warm at the idea of receiving reminder at 3 in the morning... Any idea what could be causing this?
Sylanel

Posted Jan 07, 2009 in: Google iCal feed not working
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2009
The problem right now is that I receive an error when I try to subscribe to the webcal in Google Calendar saying that it can't parse the calendar at the URL required. It was working flawlessly a few days ago. I don't mind the 24 hours between refreshes for now, I can live with it in the short term. My concern goes with the fact that I will be unable to receive SMS reminders for all my tasks right now. I need my reminders much closer to execution time than the 1 to 2 hours we get through Toodledo. Plus, I only have 30 sent SMS per month on my current plan and the messages we receive from Toodledo directly requires us to reply to the SMS in order to receive it's content.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Sylanel

Posted Jan 07, 2009 in: Google iCal feed not working
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2009
Hello everyone! I would like to know if there i anything wrong on the Toodledo side with regards to the webcal feed (Google iCal). It appearently stopped working since quite a few days for me. I was using this in order to get tasks reminders via SMS. Would it be possible to get some help so we can get things up and running for myself and anyone else having the same problem?
Sylanel

Posted Nov 21, 2008 in: How to Set Up Reminders?
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2008
I have an easy workaround for the reminders until the Toodledo Gods can make something better...

1) Get yourself a Google Calendar account if you don't have one yet;
2) In Toodledo, go to Connections setting
3) Enable iCal Subscription and copy the Google Calendar URL starting with "webcal";
4) Go to your Google Calendar, then look for the "Other calendars" pane on the left;
5) Click on Add, then Add by URL;
6) Copy your Toodledo Google Calendar webcal URL and "Add";
7) Go to your Google Calendar Settings, then Calendars.
8) Beside your new "Toodledo iCal", click on "Notification". There you add a new default reminder (SMS or Email, whichever you prefer) and enter the default time befure the due time you would like.

That's it! I have all my Toodledo tasks synchronized with Google Calendar which acts as my reminders provider where I get my reminders exactly when I want them. Plus, I don't have to annoying reply to SMS to do if I was to use the default Email to SMS gateway method. That's it folks for now. Enjoy!
Sylanel

Posted Nov 11, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2008
Posted by J.Biniek:
I would like to get the remember time from outlook tasks via Toodledo on my iPhone but this time will not transfer from outlook to Toodledo and also not to the iPhone. Who can get the right answer against this problem? Thank you!

Posted by Toodledo:
After many months of hard work, we have finally completed our official Toodledo iPhone application. With this, you can synchronize all of your tasks to your iPhone and access them from anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection. It incorporates most of the functionality that you have come to love from Toodledo.com including folders, contexts, goals, status, the hotlist, importance, stars and more.

For more information, read our iPhone page or download it from the App Store

If what you mean is getting Reminder sync'ed, that's something that was asked in other threads. That being said, the Toodledo gods are appearently working on this item to hopefully deliver it to us sooner than later.

If you require reminders on the iPhone specifically, there is only one way to get them sync'ed from MS Outlook directly and it is by using Keytask from Chapura which requires you to pay a yearly subscription fee of $10, and all that for only a half decent interface when compared to Toodledo, Appigo ToDo and Remember The Milk.
Sylanel

Posted Nov 10, 2008 in: Reminders
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
It could mean any of those things. The first thing we want to do is allow people to set reminders on a per-task level instead of all or none, and we want to let people decide when to get the reminder (10 minutes, 1 hour, 10 days ahead, etc) Email, SMS and a popup reminder will be good ways to make the reminder happen. We might think of others too.

For usefulness and "user-friendliness", I would recommend having SMS and Email. We would need the option to choose when to receive the reminders too.

This would bring Toodledo on par with current Google Calendar reminder capability as well as Toodledo's main competitor, Remember The Milk. Right now, RTM has this reminder ability, but its main drawback is that users require to buy a pro account in order to be able to sync on their iPhone. If Toodledo can incorporate the basic functionality with the regular (free) account, there will be no competition left for Toodledo!
Sylanel

Posted Nov 08, 2008 in: Reminders
  • Sylanel
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2008
I am currently evaluating which task manager I'll start using since I just switched to the iPhone. Right now, I'm affraid Remember The Milk has a little edge since it supports sending SMS or email reminders right on time. That would be the one one thing that could definitely assure Toodledo's superiority. Are there any plans of implementing this feature any time soon?