ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by n4simpson"
n4simpson

Posted Sep 04, 2017 in: Note Icon in Multi-Line view
Score: 0
Thanks for confirming Jake.

Please consider adding an icon to the left (as per grid view). There is plenty of space to do that.

Many thanks
n4simpson

Posted Sep 01, 2017 in: Note Icon in Multi-Line view
Hi

Am I missing something or is there no way to tell if a task has a task note when collapsed in Multi-line view? If not, could this be added to the icons on the left (i.e. as per Grid View)? I generally work in Multi-line view and it is easy to miss notes this way.

Many thanks
n4simpson

Posted Jul 28, 2017 in: Creation of Folders
Hi Jake

I use a folder for each project (I have many clients and create a folder for each matter/project I am instructed on). For me, the method of creating, deleting, ordering etc. folders is very clunky. It would be great if folders could be created, deleted and re-ordered (drag and drop) "in-line" in the main folders page, as opposed to being dumped out to a separate configuration page.

Hopefully one to add to your list! :-)
n4simpson

Posted Jul 05, 2017 in: Offline access?
Just tried accessing Notes in Flight Mode. It works a treat! Looking forward to seeing this offline mode enabled in the same way for Tasks. Keeping up the good work Jake.
n4simpson

Posted Apr 11, 2017 in: New Layout
@Frogboy

Thanks. I see now where to find the map in the new layout. Doh!

Incidentally, I'm seeing the same issue as you. A location in central London is showing Lebanon in Kansas (who knew there was a Lebanon in Kansas too) in the map when opened.

However, it looks like Jake is already on the case.

P.S. Despite these minor bugs, I'm really liking the new layout.
n4simpson

Posted Apr 10, 2017 in: New Layout
Score: 1
Hi Frogboy

I'm UK based too , but I'm not seeing the map at all in the new tasks layout.

It is toggled on and off in the far right hand menu in the old layout, but the "Show Map" option is missing from that menu in the new layout.

Also, if you are showing the map in the old layout and then switch to the new layout, the map disappears.
n4simpson

I for one would welcome a wider left hand side bar especially for folders. The current side bar is far too narrow in the folders view. Alternatively allow users to select the width of the left hand side bar
n4simpson

Posted Mar 09, 2016 in: iOS tasks refresh
Hi, after all the great work on refreshing the tasks UI on the web, can we now look forward to a similar exercise on the iOS app?
n4simpson

Posted Dec 30, 2015 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
Score: 1
Not an answer to the real question, but if you add a leading "0" (or "00") before "1", "2" etc you can order up to 99 (or 999) with your tag method.
n4simpson

Thanks Jake. Good to hear you have plans to improve Simple Search.
n4simpson

Posted Dec 18, 2015 in: Quick search
Hi Business Support. Thanks for your input. That wasn't my issue but I agree it sounds like a bug. Pity Toodledo doesn't just implement a global search like many other apps (MyLifeOrganized, Omnifocus, Todoist etc) it would be a real help. Saved searches are great but sometimes you just need to run a once off search on the fly. Here's hoping ????
n4simpson

Posted Dec 05, 2015 in: Quick search
That's right. I wanted to be able to search task notes as well. Z opens the notes in multi line view. I don't use the grid view so that may not be needed in that view.
n4simpson

Posted Dec 01, 2015 in: Quick search
Thanks Jake. Odd that you get this functionality in the iOS app, but not the website. It really reduces the usefulness of quick search for me. Hopefully it's easy to add to the website as well.

Salgud - thanks. I've tried the Saved Search route, but it's more clicks (as opposed to hitting "F" when in All Tasks) and, unless I'm missing something, you can't save blank searches, so you have to click on the saved search and then clear the search words each time.

Kudos for the Ctrl + F work around. I'd not thought of that. Hit Z then Ctrl +F. It's more than just "F" but not bad for the meantime. Cheers!
n4simpson

Posted Nov 28, 2015 in: Quick search
Hi. Am I missing something or has the ability to Quick Search task notes now gone from the web app? You can still do it form the iOS app (indeed the iOS app defaults to title + note) so why not via the web interface? It seems a pretty basic function to be missing.

I realise you can search task notes via an Advanced Search but that's rather long winded.
n4simpson

Posted Aug 18, 2015 in: Folder Names in Hotlist
Hi

Is it possible to display a task's Folder in the Hotlist?

I still want to sort by Importance, but the only way I can get the Folder to display is to sort by Folder.

I use a separate folder for each client project and the tasks are often similar for each project. At the moment I have to include a project identifier in each task to be able to distinguish them in the Hotlist.

It would be great of there was an option to display the Folder name at the far right of the task, i.e. instead of the status (i.e. overdue, due today etc) which is of less interest (at least to me).

If not currently possible, hopefully this is something the team will consider in the refresh of the Tasks section.
n4simpson

Posted Aug 08, 2015 in: Notes and Folders
Posted by mike_de_bruyn:
[quote]I'd like to be able to write a bit about the project with a note.

I'd very much like to see this too, along with a way to group folders, say into Work, Home and Personal.

Looking forward to seeing the tasks and notes redesign!
n4simpson

Posted Jul 02, 2015 in: Progress Report - May 2015
Score: 2
Looking forward to some TLC directed toward Tasks at long last .....
n4simpson

Posted Jul 02, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Hi. Text wrapping is absolutely required. At the moment the app is useless to me. I can only see the first 12 characters (including spaces) of a task and you see no more even if you tap on it. I agree you should not over complicate it, just Hotlist or user defined search with the ability to complete, delete and to create a new task via Siri.