ForumsQuestionsNew Layout

New Layout
Catucker

Posted: Mar 24, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
1. When is this going to be permanent? I really like it and it's annoying having to keep turning it back on each time you leave the tasks page.
2. There are issues that the new layout isn't saving edits. It is a serious problem. You make your changes, then come back and it didn't save. Makes you lose faith in the data integrity real quick.
3. Since I'm asking, it would be really nice to have a timestamp button like on the notes page in the remarks for each task.
Mark Dry

Score: 1 Reference
I have similar issues as Catucker, PLUS.

1. When I check a task off as complete it will not update and go away or repeat if it is a recurring task. Probably has something to do with my version of chrome. This is a work computer so I can't update the browser. I have tried this on mac with chrome and safari they both work. Chrome 51.0.2704.79 m on Windows 8.

2. Page reloads are slower than before.

3. Changes don't update right away, usually takes two page reloads to get all edits. Sometimes the task will disappear then reappear after another reload.

Thanks for all the hard work you have done, It is really nice. This has become my go to tool and have recommended to many others to use.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
We'll look into all these issues. One thing you should know is that you don't have to reload the page after you make an edit.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2017
Sorry, I dont have an ETA. It will become the permanent layout when all the bugs are worked out and most people are comfortable with it.
mikael_be

Posted: Apr 02, 2017
I didn't switch to the new layout until yesterday, and I did like it.
Today, however, I can't get the new interface to load at all. All I get is a rotating arrow and the text

"Loading
Almost there"

for 5+minutes, which is as long as I've bothered timing it.
I think the primary problem there is that there is no intuitive way of going back to the old interface - which does load properly, by the way. I finally found out that I could go from tasks.toodledo.com to www.toodledo.com and get the old interface back, but that's not all that obvious for the user.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2017
If the loading gets stuck for longer than 30 seconds, you should reload the page. I'm not sure why that happened, but I'll look into it.

To go back to the old interface, you can click the logo at the top of the page or change the URL back to www.toodledo.com
mikael_be

Posted: Apr 04, 2017
About every second attempt, nothing happens. The other attempts give me a "Network error" popup.
Screenshot: http://s187.photobucket.com/user/pratarpersilja/media/Scrots/toodledo_noload_zpsnqgjnikj.png.html

This message was edited Apr 04, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 05, 2017
It sounds like there is an error with your firewall or something else with your network that is blocking the new site. You can check your browser's error console for more information: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#123
frogboy

Posted: Apr 09, 2017
Maps in new layout......

Used to show those blue pins spotting around Bristol, UK where I live. Now I just get a map centred on Utah or was it Nebraska - have to manually scroll across 6 time zones to find my geolocated tasks........ on every refresh!

Also any eta on some updated browser plugins - for quick entry etc?

Otherwise, much improved!
n4simpson

Posted: Apr 10, 2017
Hi Frogboy

I'm UK based too , but I'm not seeing the map at all in the new tasks layout.

It is toggled on and off in the far right hand menu in the old layout, but the "Show Map" option is missing from that menu in the new layout.

Also, if you are showing the map in the old layout and then switch to the new layout, the map disappears.
masolv

Posted: Apr 11, 2017
I have same problem as #1. Occurs in 3 different updated browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
Is it on work and on private net with very different firewalls.
But I like the new layout - so also thanks for the update.

Posted by Mark Dry:
I have similar issues as Catucker, PLUS.

1. When I check a task off as complete it will not update and go away or repeat if it is a recurring task. Probably has something to do with my version of chrome. This is a work computer so I can't update the browser. I have tried this on mac with chrome and safari they both work. Chrome 51.0.2704.79 m on Windows 8.

2. Page reloads are slower than before.

3. Changes don't update right away, usually takes two page reloads to get all edits. Sometimes the task will disappear then reappear after another reload.

Thanks for all the hard work you have done, It is really nice. This has become my go to tool and have recommended to many others to use.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2017.
frogboy

@n4simpson

Posted screen shots here; give you some idea of what I am seeing with old and new web interfaces. Hope that helps.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/0ffbf61d-e6f9-47eb-b06d-02ad869d7de3/5eb6871cbcec3f4c036b5e94f

This message was edited Apr 11, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We'll get this fixed. Thanks for letting us know.
n4simpson

@Frogboy

Thanks. I see now where to find the map in the new layout. Doh!

Incidentally, I'm seeing the same issue as you. A location in central London is showing Lebanon in Kansas (who knew there was a Lebanon in Kansas too) in the map when opened.

However, it looks like Jake is already on the case.

P.S. Despite these minor bugs, I'm really liking the new layout.
frogboy

Posted: Apr 17, 2017
@Jake the map function (browser from iOS) seems better. Still not as instant and as clear as before. The red pins were better imho. Still need to zoom in...

Cheers

Frogboy
mikael_be

Posted: Apr 24, 2017
Posted by Jake:
It sounds like there is an error with your firewall or something else with your network that is blocking the new site. You can check your browser's error console for more information: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#123

Thanks, I downloaded some firefox extension that is supposed to return the error log interface. After restarting the browser, I can no longer reproduce it.

My most recent issue has been with recurring tasks (again, I'm on Firefox/Linux). I try to specify "Every 2 weeks". Enter 2, fine, click the dropdown to get to weeks - and it displays "days". Enter the dropdown again to select "Months" - and it displays "Weeks". Select Years, and it displays Months. I can still reach "Years", but it requires using the keyboard down arrow to reach it.
cj

Posted: Apr 25, 2017
I hate to be "that guy" - but really ... I found the new design just awful. Make it stop.

Don't misunderstand, I am not a luddite or newbie who doesn't appreciate good design, or hates change. I've been a toodledo user (and paid subscriber) for at least 8 years.

Sorry - I find very little to like about the new design. Particularly how the new design just makes the user go back and forth between mouse and keyboard in such a way that reduces productivity by 50% and raises frustration by 100%.

Even the New Task UI - while pleasing to the eye - doubles the amount of clicks (and mouse to keyboard switching). And worse - keyboard features have been eliminated (such as the control-up/down-arrow to navigate from dialog to dialog).

I started to keep a list all the awful new design changes. And finally got fed up. I am hoping I can stick with the current layout as long as possible. But I know eventually you will force me to use the new layout. When that day comes, I'll sound like one of those investors from Shark Tank, and say "Sorry guys. I'm out"
SPY

Posted: May 12, 2017
Score: 4 Reference
Several features of the new design are appealing, but here is the deal-killer for me. In the current layout, when entering a new task I never have to touch my mouse. I can simply tab from field to field, enter the first letter of the folder I want my task in, enter the first couple letters of a due date (e.g., "Fri"), and hit enter. In the new layout I have to reach for the mouse to choose the folder, date, etc., from a drop-down list. That is major friction. On top of that, there is an annoying lag after a selection is made. The thing I love best about ToodleDo is it suits my super-fast, keyboard-driven entry style, something I suspect is common to many TD users. Please don't take that away.
Purveyor

Posted: May 12, 2017
Score: 4 Reference
Posted by spy:
In the new layout I have to reach for the mouse to choose the folder, date, etc., from a drop-down list.
It's strange that the arrow keys don't do anything in the various fields when entering a new task if the dropdown is not activated. I would expect "Down arrow" to take me to the next field, "Up arrow" to the previous field, and "Right arrow" to open the dropdown.

Also, let's say you tab to the "Folder" field and then type the first letter of one of the Folders (thinking that this will open the dropdown and select that Folder), instead it activates the relevant Keyboard shortcut (if the letter is one of the shortcuts) or it does nothing. The action and the "non-action" are confusing.

This message was edited May 12, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.