ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ctabat"
ctabat

Posted Jul 28, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 1
  • ctabat
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2018
  • Score: 1
Thanks for the update. Here's a few comments, not much that isn't in the preceding comments:

1) Along the lines of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", ToodleDo has been very reliable in cross device syncing, but not perfect. Every so often, I will have an old, previously completed task show up on a device as not completed. I have never noticed that tasks have been falsely completed or disappeared entirely. I have used other apps where syncing wasn't reliable and lost data. If there is one thing that will cause me to lose confidence, it would be lost data. So please don't break that, and if you can fix the stray task popping back up as incomplete, that would be appreciated.

2) I agree that the iOS platform could use some updates. Specifically, it would be nice if we could toggle between the inline view and the parent child view of tasks and subtasks like we can in the OSX version. The only way that I know of to do that in iOS is via settings.

3) I've used MS Project for more heavy duty project management in the past, and effectively used MacProject for personal project management. There really doesn't seem to be any reasonably cheap, "PM lite" app out there, so I just use ToodleDo's tasks and subtasks within a folder for personal project management. It works, it's effectively free because I don't have to buy another app and learn it, but some additional functionality would make it more useful. Specifically,
- Add the ability to create dependencies between tasks. Subtasks are linked to tasks, but there is no true "dependency."
- Provide some kind graphic representation of tasks, like a Gantt chart.
- Another user made a comment about a "Project Container." I currently just use a folder for this, but if a "Project container" concept were implemented, that might it even easier to use ToodleDo as "PM lite" software.
- Many users may not care about the "PM lite" functionality, but on the other hand, it may be very valuable to others and help justify a price increase if the functionality were available in the higher priced subscriptions, like subtasks are today.

Thanks again,
Chris

This message was edited Jul 28, 2018.
ctabat

Score: 0
  • ctabat
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2015
  • Score: 0
I started my Macbook pro today and launched the Toodledo desktop client. All of my dated tasks appear as undated, but they show odd due times, such as 6:37 AM. I did not specify any due times. Tasks appear fine on the website as well as on my iPhone and iPad. I've quit and relaunched the Mac client with the same results and I have been using the Mac client successfully for over a year and have never experienced this issue. I

This message was edited Sep 10, 2015.