Search results for "Posted by Stuart"
Stuart

Posted Jun 21, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2020
  • Score: 1
Posted by Anant G.:
Okay everybody, we’re back! This is Anant Gupta the acting CEO.

Oh...wait... hang on... No we're not...
Stuart

Posted Dec 10, 2010 in: Personal & Work Tasks
Score: 0
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2010
  • Score: 0
There's a great thread here on Toodledo usage.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

I use the GTD set up described in the first post and it works really well for me.

Stuart
Stuart

Posted Nov 15, 2010 in: Wait what if I have no internet?
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2010
I use 'TaskAngel'. It automatically syncs to toodledo and can be used quite happily offline and synced up again once you have a connection.

It isn't free but it works well.
Stuart

Posted Oct 08, 2010 in: Folders, Subfolders and Tasks
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Could I suggest you utilise the Context setup for your clients and setup a 'Project' or a main task folder called 'Property'. Assign a context for each client, and a new 'Project' folder for each property they view. Use the subfolders to create individual tasks under each Project 'Property' folder.

@context = Client
Project = Property
Project/Subtasts = Property/Task

Use the various views to organise your workload. View by Context to see each client, and open expand their folder to see all their properties and respective tasks by property.

You may also want to look at the new 'location' feature which may work better for you then the standard 'Project/Task' structure.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart

Posted Aug 25, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Posted by Transisto:
Posted by apastuszak:

GTD projects and the type of projects that involve Gannt Charts and the use of "Project Management" software are two entirely different things. I believe David Allen actually recommends against the use of tradition project management software for your GTD trusted source.

No Gannt chart, Ok.
But Another level of subtask or subfolder AND Multi-Edit (without search) are reasons I can't use Toodledo for anything serious. (project like)

Too often I later realize a sub-task require more steps than I expected. Then I'm fuktd with GTD next action.

I see you're point, but if that is the case, then you may need to simply split the original sub task down into further 'subsubtasks' but utilise a naming structure on the subtask.

eg

Project 1 = My Project
Sub task1 = 'MyProject:subtask1: details action'

If the sub task needs to be further divided;

'MyProject:Subtask1:Subsubtask: action details'

Note: this would still be a subtask of the original 'MyProjects' project

This would ensure that the original subtask that needed to be further divided into actions had some form of source reference.

I know it's not perfect but until "subsubtask" become a reality then this works for me.

Stuart

This message was edited Aug 25, 2010.
Stuart

Posted Jul 08, 2010 in: Due date problem in v2.02?
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2010
Thanks for the info on the bug and the workaround.

It's great to get this level of feedback from the dev team so quickly. Looking forward to the fix
Stuart

Posted Jul 07, 2010 in: Due date problem in v2.02?
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2010
I can confirm this too. I am in GMT+1 BST and I can replicate this with a current and creating a new task.

When selecting a custom date using the 'calendar display', the screen moves back to 'Task Details' with the due date selected as the date before the on previously selected in custom.
Stuart

Posted Jul 07, 2010 in: iPhone app version 2.0.2
  • Stuart
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2010
Great Update. This app just keeps getting better and better.
Stuart

Posted May 06, 2010 in: PhraseExpress
  • Stuart
  • Posted: May 06, 2010
@PeterW - yep fair enough, I must admit I didn't realise it was that expensive!, only using it for personal use etc.
Stuart

Posted May 05, 2010 in: PhraseExpress
  • Stuart
  • Posted: May 05, 2010
Its freeware for personal use.

http://www.phraseexpress.com/freeware.htm
Stuart

Posted May 05, 2010 in: PhraseExpress
  • Stuart
  • Posted: May 05, 2010
I just thought I'd share with you all the benefits I get using this application (windows).

Using proximos GTD setup as I do, I find that, as a log or reference, I am typing in dates often into Toodledo's notes field. I use Phrase Express using its macros facility to quickly add a date using a quick keystroke. For example,

dt# automatically puts today's date in the notes filed
yd# puts in yesterday's date
ct# puts in the current time
lu# puts in a 'last updated' time and date
dc# - puts in a date completed

(Note these are personal customised shortcuts, you can use any key combo)

This is only scratching the surface of this application, using the set up it can autocorrect typing like the iphone keyboard.

As we are all busy people, finding little short cuts often gives you the impression of real productivity gains even when those gains are just seconds.

Stuart.

This message was edited May 05, 2010.