Search results for "Posted by B.S."
B.S.

Posted Oct 13, 2012 in: Competitors
Score: 0
  • B.S.
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
This isn't meant to be an exhaustive exercise, but more of a high level overview of the landscape.

I know that it may be difficult to rate things this coarsely. For example, we can sort on a dozen fields, with three levels of nested sorting. Remember the milk can only sort on three fields with no nested sorting. Do we both get a "yes" for the "Sort" feature?

We could make a hundred columns and compare individual nuances. Within each feature, instead of having a yes/no you could rank each implementation on a 10 point scale and notate all the differences. We may move more in this direction in the future, but for now we have decided to keep things simple and compare other task managers to us, not us to them. We also want to focus on high level features and we want to be vary coarse with our judgement.

Sorting would be a number - number of sublevels.

Please add a cost column, and indicate one-time or subscription.
- this is important. If you're looking for free, you get what you pay for. Those looking for sophistication won't mind paying, either a one-time significant cost or a regular minor cost. This is not to put Toodledo on the chopping block for being $9.98 instead of $9.95, but to help users choose (Toodledo) appropriately.

Please change 'desktop' to indicate web only or not. Comments can be used to indicate os. Or create a web (cloud?) app column.

Please change Subtasks to either 'nested subtasks' or # of subtask levels. (1 level of subtasks should not be claiming to do subtasks.)

This is a wonderful tool to help match Toodledo to appropriately matched customers. Thank you.

[Which is why adding functionality columns that other products have that Toodledo doesn't is important. Helps a user see what Toodledo doesn't have, and when such functionality isn't important to them they can proceed with Toodledo with confidence.]
B.S.

• B.S.
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
Posted by wksims86:
Context > Folder > Task > Subtask

E.g. "Law School > Evidence > Outlining> Outline Ch. 3 - Relevance"

Apologies for jumping in, but that's exactly how I use toodledo. Where my hierarchy is:

Location > DepartmentName > Task > Subtask

Where location is Work, Personal, or Church.

Isn't location, such as Law School, a context, here? As would be Church?

And wouldn't Work or Personal just be tags? (Could be location, subverting it - or reverse context and location meanings, here.)

Pardon me for jumping in. Have been investigating Toodledo somewhat intensely the last few days, or, at least, the ecosystem.

Without having Pro, yet, understanding that Pro has subtasks, have been poking about before pulling the trigger on that.

Do you mean to tell me that sub-tasks in pro don't permit an infinite number of levels?

Task 1 -> Task 1.1 -> Task 1.1.1 -> Task 1.1.1.1 -> Task 1.1.1.<ad infinitum>.1????

There is folder, task, subtask, AND THAT'S IT???

No sub-tasks of subtasks?

Thanks for any clarity.
B.S.

Posted Oct 13, 2012 in: +1 for Toodledo Manual
  • B.S.
Cool. Thanks very much for letting us know.
B.S.

Posted Oct 12, 2012 in: +1 for Toodledo Manual
  • B.S.
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
+1 to http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13208/-63962/offline-manual.html forum thread.

It would be useful when first trying to grok all that is Toodledo to have one stop shopping (page) for reference. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok]

Please don't hand me nonsense about effort, it would be a static list of html includes. Please don't hand me nonsense about it being out of date, it would be a page of dynamic html includes pulled in on the fly.

The reader can then, at their choice, print, even to pdf - perhaps on their pda.

We're not all connected all the time, and sometimes its useful when trying to grasp a thing and make it into a coherent whole to be able to look at that whole in a single document.

From contexts, to folders, to locations, to sharing, there are a lot of fiddly bits and moving parts in play.

Putting it all together into a coherent whole would be useful.

Thanks for listening.