ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
guardprivy-1

Posted Mar 14, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Score: 0
I'm also holding out hope for a Toodledo renaissance. I've tried about a dozen others (including paying for them). Nothing compares to Toodledo.
guardprivy-1

Posted Jul 07, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 3
I am a longtime user and tech geek and hope this may help those who have recently posted questions.

1) If you downloaded the new app and your tasks are missing, Go to the app's Settings:Modify Account Login: and click on "Force Toodledo > Device Sync" (but NOT from the device to the Toodledo).

2) If you uninstalled the app, you won't be able to reinstall until the company restores the app to the App Store. I assume Anant pulled it due to all the issues people were having. Apple's approval process can take a number of days, so you may have to wait it out. I'd recommend you check the App Store daily.

3) To back up your data, you need to use the web version on a computer as this function is not available in the app. From your Toodledo webpage, go to Settings: Import/Export/Backup: Backup/Restore and click on "Download Backup File". You can also export your data in various other formats (csv, txt) if you plan to take your data elsewhere. As a reference point, I back up my Toodledo data every other day.

4) I know that people are frustrated, and rightfully so. But, many of us stay with Toodledo because there is no other better alternative. Over the last two years, I have tried at least a dozen alternatives (I've even paid for the full versions). I use a GTD method and nothing can compare to Toodledo. The closest is Remember the Milk (they have the ability to import your Toodledo file that is nice). But, I always return to Toodledo because it's better. I hope Anant and his team get the kinks worked out because I love Toodledo.
guardprivy-1

Posted Jun 23, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 2
I'm not leaving Toodledo until they pry it out of my dying hands. Keep on going, Anant. You have many loyal, long term customers. Please keep the web interface as it is (not broken) and just make the mobile app reliable. Nothing fancy or new until we have a reliable syncing platform. Then, implement security features (i.e. encryption of our data-at-rest). Thanks!
guardprivy-1

Posted Mar 08, 2020 in: Daylight Savings Bug is Back
Hi Anant, just a heads up that the Daylight Savings Bug is back. My Hotlist is supposed to only show tasks for Today, but currently is also showing those for Tomorrow. Our time changed last night.
guardprivy-1

It could have been an issue with your browser's cache. If you rebooted in the last 7 days, that may have cleared the cache, and thus the problem.
guardprivy-1

Posted Sep 27, 2019 in: iOS 13 Reminders + Toodledo?
It's been working just fine on iOS13 and, now, iOS 13.1.
guardprivy-1

Posted Sep 24, 2019 in: iOS 13 Reminders + Toodledo?
Score: 1
I am using the Reminder sync with iOS 13 just fine.
guardprivy-1

I've been using this for years (with the Reminder syncing turned on in the app). You just have to remember to open the app once on your device to refresh the server. And, it DOES work in iOS 13.
guardprivy-1

Posted Sep 18, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
@Duo I didn't know that they had stopped developing Notes, Outlines, Lists and Habits. Good to know. When the takeover happened, I had privately messaged with the new owner about security (namely, imploring him to implement encryption for 'data at rest'). But, he indicated that was NOT a priority. One can only wonder if they are keeping all the open-source libraries updated, and of course the server software (don't know what it runs on, but PHP has had some really big vulnerabilities lately). After my conversations last Fall, I went through all my Toodledo entries and removed personally identifiable info (which makes it more cryptic for both potential hackers, and unfortunately for myself!). I can't imagine that they currently have much, if any, security focus at this point. So, we are using at our own risk. That said, I love the Toodledo interface so much, I'm willing to take the risk (for now).
guardprivy-1

Posted Sep 14, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
@jogo That is so helpful! Thank you.

I've pre-pended those commands to a batch file I created earlier which moves the downloaded files to an archive directory.

robocopy "C:\Username\YourDownloadDirectory" "C:\Username\YourArchiveDirectory" toodledo*.* /MOV

This message was edited Sep 14, 2019.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 29, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Thank you for the update, Anant. Many of us longtime users want very much for Toodledo to succeed. Keeping your users up-to-date on the company's status and plans is an important way to establish and maintain trust and loyalty - two prerequisites for success. As a longtime gold subscriber, I don't need a new mobile app (I very much like the current Toodledo app on my iPhone), but I do like that you are addressing longstanding bugs. Toodledo is really best in class for GTD. You have a fabulous product which, with prudent stewardship, could well become a lucrative endeavor!
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
I see that Anant has posted today in reply to someone's technical issue. But, he has not addressed the questions regarding the status of the company yet. Let's hope he fills us in. I really want Toodledo to succeed. It really is best in class for GTD users.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 21, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
I have yet to hear back from Jake.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 21, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
@DRFrankBuck I cannot see any of your posts. Not even the fact that you have posted.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 19, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
I've just sent an email to Jake asking if there is anything he can do to prevent Toodledo from being abandoned.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 18, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
Score: 4
Hi Anant,

I'm a diehard fan and longtime user of Toodledo. I really want it to succeed and I'm sure many others feel the same way. Could you give us an update on where the firm is currently. We see on your LinkedIn page that you are the interim CEO now. Are you looking to hire a new one?

Are you still planning on marketing to enterprise - or have you decided to refocus on your core constituency (current subscribers)?

I'm happy to pay the new subscriber rates because Toodledo is truly great and, in my opinion, irreplaceable. I've tried at least a dozen other competing products over the years - including the new ones, and none are as fast and customizable.

Please let us know what's up.

Your Customers
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 18, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
Score: -1
Hi Anant,

I'm a diehard fan and longtime user of Toodledo. I really want it to succeed and I'm sure many others feel the same way. Could you give us an update on where the firm is currently. We see on your LinkedIn page that you are the interim CEO now. Are you looking to hire a new one?

Are you still planning on marketing to enterprise - or have you decided to refocus on your core constituency (current subscribers)?

I'm happy to pay the new subscriber rates because Toodledo is truly great and, in my opinion, irreplaceable. I've tried at least a dozen other competing products over the years - including the new ones, and none are as fast and customizable.

Please let us know what's up.

Your Customers
guardprivy-1

Hi Duo -

I have not tested the Clickup 2.0 beta. But, the link below shows comments regarding the slow performance of 2.0 from those who are using it. Their reports are quite unfavorable. That said, one of the developers said that until they can fully migrate 2.0 to the newly optimized backend, some of the performance improvements cannot yet be seen. I'll keep my account open there to try 2.0 out when it is fully ported.

This thread is the feedback on 2.0's speed issues: https://feedback.clickup.com/feature-requests/p/faster-response-time-and-performance

Again, I truly hope that Toodledo refocuses on its core base of users. The reviews on iTunes for Toodledo are extremely positive (even recent ones) and I believe people that use Toodledo really love it. I know that I do. Hopefully Anant can pull back on developing enterprise products, and stick to its bread & butter constituency.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2019.
guardprivy-1

I just spent half the day testing out Clickup in hopes it could replace Toodledo. Nope. Clickup is SLOOOOW and wastes so much screen real estate with blank space, plus it cannot do boolean-based reports (or a Hotlist that includes both Due Today and Next Actions all on one screen). But, the killer is the slow as molasses performance of the Clickup Windows client. I need to get things done, and the wait time for screen refresh is nuts. Sticking with Toodledo with fingers crossed that they succeed.
guardprivy-1

Posted Aug 17, 2019 in: Moving On: Final Post
I just spent the last 8 hours customizing Clickup and MyLifeOrganized and neither can do what Toodledo does as easily or efficiently. Clickup is SLOOOOW and wastes so much screen real estate with blank space, plus it cannot do boolean reports (or a Hotlist that includes both Due Today and Next Actions all on one screen); MLO requires way too many mouseclicks to create a task, and has limited keyboard shortcuts functionality and limited sorting.

Over the years I've also used or trialed many other competitors that couldn't come close.

So, I've decided to stick with Toodledo until either it or I kick the proverbial bucket. I truly hope Toodledo succeeds.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next