ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Highsteppin"
Highsteppin

Posted Dec 03, 2018 in: Error Syning Tasks (#-13)
Score: 0
Anytime I refresh
Highsteppin

Posted Dec 03, 2018 in: Error Syning Tasks (#-13)
I get an error:

Error Syning Tasks (#-13)

How do I fix this?

Thanks
Highsteppin

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
I'm on board with the changes and am willing to pay (more) for a better product. Hiring developers has a cost that has to be passed on to the end user. Its simple business. I, like most users seemed to be frustrated with the lack of progress under the old owner. Who can forget "we dont comment on timeframes, but it is on our to do list". Ill pay more to never have to hear that BS again!!
Highsteppin

Posted Dec 29, 2017 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
Jake,

Thanks for sharing your update methodology. I don't have many wants and am very satisfied with TD as is. I know there are many considerations involved in determining what features get added, but there are some that the users have been asking for years that have me scratching (my now bald) head How do you determine what feature to add to the top of the list? How much does user input and feedback play in the decision making?

Thanks much,

RK
Highsteppin

Jake

How hard would be to add the same search options for folders as those currently for tasks? Even just Folder Contains would be huge for me. I cant believe this wouldn't be a very popular addition. I'm not a power user, but this is a big roadblock for me.
Highsteppin

Posted Jul 09, 2017 in: Monthly Updates
I don't think anybody is looking for perfection just some updates. They can still have a beer, I don't care.
Highsteppin

Posted Jun 24, 2017 in: Outlook Plug-in a possibility?
I've seen "Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list" too many times to get excited. I just laugh it off at this point because it is doubtful it will happen in my lifetime.
Highsteppin

Posted Apr 26, 2017 in: Search: Folder / (Contains)
Would it be possible to add another search option for folders? Right now the options are Folder (is) or (is not). Adding Folder (contains) would allow us to easily group like folders by using one common word (ie CompanyABC - Projects, CompanyABC - Tasks.......) . Then setup a search for Folder (contains) CompanyABC. Right now I may have 8-10 folders that I have to include in each search.

BTW, both Tasks and Tags have an option for (contains).

If anyone knows an easy workaround please share.

Thank you
Highsteppin

Posted Sep 23, 2016 in: Leveraging Technology for GTD
John

I look forward to reading your book. Please keep us posted and if you have any advanced copies I would be interested. Good luck!!
Highsteppin

Posted May 15, 2016 in: Search: Folder Contains
Would it be difficult at add a search criteria of Folder / Contains? This would allow users to group folders by area and make search easier. In my case I have folders (Business Name: Admin, Business Name: Production, Business Name: Marketing...).
Highsteppin

Posted Apr 05, 2016 in: Find tasks that have subtasks?
I created a context called @project and assign it to the parent. Then I can just search for @project and all my multiple step tasks come up.
Highsteppin

Posted Jan 28, 2016 in: Shared Noted
Jake,

So if I do that she should be able to open and modify a note? I tried sharing a task with an attached note and it is listed as private for her which doesn't allow her to open it. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Ron
Highsteppin

Posted Jan 27, 2016 in: Shared Noted
Topic should read: Shared Notes
Highsteppin

Posted Jan 27, 2016 in: Shared Noted
Does anyone have a work around for the missing ability to share notes with a collaborator? I need a way were both myself and partner can open and edit notes. Hopefully this is higher up on the Toodledo priority list of features to add.
Highsteppin

Posted Jan 26, 2016 in: Windows 10 is not going away afterall.
In the past I pushed for a Windows App as I use Windows and Windows Phone. With the lack of a Windows option, I purchased an Android tablet for offline use. Quite frankly I have been disappointed with the app experience and not longer use it.

Toodledo should stop trying to write apps for every popular platform. It makes more sense to concentrate resources on making the web browser option even better and make it more widely available (offline etc.). Trying to make apps for each platform has the effect of sucking resources away from the web browser development and limiting its growth.
Highsteppin

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
Pretty funny Purveyor. But don't quit your day job.... if you have one...j/k :).

I will try to explain. When I am planning my week/day or even adding tasks on the fly, I often have multiple programs open, Toodledo, Outlook, my business software. With one small monitor I would have to flip back and forth between all my open windows. With multiple monitors or an ultra wide I can just cut and paste and reference information without constantly opening and closing various windows. Then when I want a good overview of my tasks I can expand Toodledo so I have a complete view, which is totally sweet!!! Not everyone would benefit from this setup, but I sure do and I know others would also. I posted this to hopefully help others who may benefit from it.

This is the beauty of Toodledo, it can be tailored to fit various needs and work styles. Just because my way isn't your way doesn't make it wrong.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2015.
Highsteppin

Coolexplorer

I actually used a duel monitor system for a number of years (2 19 inch monitors) until I bought the ultra wide monitor to use with my MS Surface Pro. The setup was great and did much improve my workflow and efficiency. I could not go back to not having multiple monitors now. I would hate flipping back and forth between windows and it would certainly reduce my efficiency.

One of the nice features of the Ultra Wide is the ability to split the screen into multiple windows (up to 4). I often have it split into two windows. I also can use my Surface's Screen as an additional screen. So the UW monitor is like have two monitors. But you can also use it as a single wide monitor to view all the columns in TD or additional columns of spreadsheet. Working with TD and being able see all the columns and still have a large print size it truly awesome.

I'm not sure what you would pay for 2 monitors but for me I would rather have one ultra wide even if it cost a bit more.
Highsteppin

Purveyor

I use all the field options available in Toodledo. With the UW monitor I can see all the columns without having to slide the screen back and forth and only view a limited number of columns. This was a major productivity killer for me.
Highsteppin

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
I just wanted to pass along that I recently purchased a 34 inch ultra wide monitor. I have to say that being able to see all TD fields stretched out across the screen is really awesome and has greatly added to my productivity. While not cheap I highly recommend it for using Toodledo (and other programs).
Highsteppin

This would be an awesome addition. Thanks for adding it to your to-do list. If possible, could you do the same for goals and context. If not I'd still be thrilled with Folders?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next