ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SyneRyder"
SyneRyder

Score: 0
I'm running into a strange bug where Toodledo on Firefox 92.0 Mac isn't showing the tasks updated on the server. Tasks that I ticked off hours ago on another computer are still showing as uncompleted.

I've ticked that task off on my Windows 10 machine, also running Firefox 92.0. The task has synced as completed on my Android phone (running Ultimate To-Do List). If I use Edge Beta 94.0.992.19 on my Mac, the tasks are showing as completed there too, so it's not a problem with the Mac I'm using. But no matter how many times I force a page refresh on that Firefox 92.0 Mac install, it's never showing the task as completed, unlike every other browser & machine I use.

Any ideas what's up? I guess the workaround is not to use Firefox on the Mac & use Edge instead, sadly....
SyneRyder

Posted Sep 19, 2021 in: A Message From Jake
Score: 2
Posted by Ummagumma:
Toodledo needs a web interface facelift to make it more appealing to new users (those of us who's used it since mid 2000s don't mind the old nostalgic interface).

Have you tried the tasks.toodledo.com interface? There was a whole UI redesign created (I think while Jake was still around), but it's optional because some preferred the ancient design. You can switch between them at any time by using different URLs. Or did you mean a newer redesign than the tasks.toodledo.com one?

And it needs a workable, full featured mobile app with background sync and reminders....

If you're on Android, Ultimate To-Do List synchronizes with Toodledo and does both background sync and reminders. It even does location based reminders and smartwatch integration (eg my watch buzzes when I'm get to the shops, reminding what I meant to buy). And it's ridiculously underpriced, $5 for unlimited use is way too cheap for an app I use every single day & is critical to my workflow. Definitely worth supporting them:

https://todolist.co/download.html
SyneRyder

Score: 1
For what it's worth, I've also just seen this on the new Tasks beta. I'm using Firefox & Windows 10. Refreshing the page and checking that I'm not accidentally pressing Ctrl seems to have fixed it for now, but I'll admit my first thought was "ahh, the new team has broken Toodledo again".

Incidentally, before this started happening today, I noticed that the new beta Tasks interface was suddenly feeling noticeably sluggish, enough that I switched back to the old interface for the afternoon just so I could edit tasks at a decent speed. I definitely prefer the new interface, but sometimes bugs like this & the recent outages make me wish there was a native, non-Electron desktop Toodledo client. Something that doesn't hog CPU cycles & 2GB RAM like my web browser does, I don't always need a browser open to do my work. And a desktop client would be really useful when I'm on a 5 hour flight with no internet. I'm really starting to miss the days of OmniFocus & Things.
SyneRyder

Score: 4
Personally, I'm less concerned about the pricing (though that 3x hike is much more than I expected) and more about how long Toodledo is staying around. If the price increase really does help Toodledo stay around forever, great! But I'm worried the inevitable customer attrition may just speed up its demise. I didn't realize the competition has some rather well documented developer APIs for third-party apps too.

For me, the main pricing irritation is that the Individual plan has only 1 year of task history. If it had unlimited task history, I could downgrade from Gold to Individual, and then it would only be a 2x price hike for me. I don't use Toodledo as a business & don't need the collaboration features or file uploads, but I do like the peace of mind of unlimited history (and being able to do statistics on that task history).
SyneRyder

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 5
Hey Sam,

The focus on marketing gives me a sigh of relief! The core product works really well for me, so I'm nervous of change, but I agree that the Toodledo marketing needed work... and any changes to marketing won't impact my use of the product! I'm glad I can see a path for growing the business that won't affect me negatively!

I know the copy is a placeholder, but I'm still a bit surprised that GTD isn't more prominent. GTD was what introduced me to Toodledo (even though I don't actually use all the GTD features) and I think it had the ability to import from my previous To-Do software. Maybe the world has moved on and sees GTD as old & tired now, not the brand new book that just came out when I was 21!

I'm also surprised the marketing mock up doesn't show the Web UI anywhere, as that can visually demonstrate the features & fields available... but it sounds like you know your A/B testing, and I'm sure you'll be trying all these things and seeing what works.

I feel more relaxed about the future of Toodledo now!
SyneRyder

Score: 2
Is there any way to turn off the "Sync connectivity failed" notification in the Android Toodledo app?

I have a smartwatch, and it buzzes my wrist every time the Android app encounters "Sync connectivity failed". It seems to happen a lot, and makes it unusable for me. I could block notifications from Toodledo, but then I'd miss reminder alerts from Toodledo, which I do want to buzz my smartwatch.

What I'd like would be a way to choose which notifications to enable (ie don't display a notification on sync connectivity errors, do notify for reminder alerts, do notify for location reminders, etc).

In the meantime I've solved it by going back to Ultimate To-Do List for Android. But I'd love to be able to use the official app.
SyneRyder

I've found a small bug between the new Tasks and the old Tasks. I've got a saved search that includes a colon character (ie a search for all tasks beginning with 'Keyword:') On the new layout, the colon in the saved search had been escaped to %3A instead, so it was showing as a blank search. I tried replacing the %3A and saving the saved search, but when I do, it works briefly, but then keeps re-escaping the character and making the saved search blank.

It's still saved correctly in the old layout though, and continues to work correctly there.
SyneRyder

Not sure how best to describe this bug, but I have several repeating daily tasks that I checked off today that now seem seem to have vanished from the new Tasks Beta - but they *are* still visible in the old Tasks. Or, to put it simply, I only have 4 to-dos in my "Due Today" custom search view on Tasks Beta, but 6 to-dos in Tasks Classic.

Even worse, Tasks Beta shows no tasks in the built-in "Due Today" view... the sidebar lists only 4 to-dos, but the main window says "All of the tasks in this list are hidden by filters", even if I turn off all the display filters. I get the same in all Dates views, even if I choose All Tasks.
SyneRyder

Thanks for fixing this! This has been irritating me for a while, like noticing a small micro-abrasion in your jet black iPhone 7 :)

It's fixed for me now on www.toodledo.com, but doesn't seem to be fixed yet on tasks.toodledo.com (running Chrome 57 on Mac El Capitan). (Looks like Tasks is still using the SVG logo, not the PNG version.)

This message was edited Mar 24, 2017.
SyneRyder

Posted Mar 10, 2017 in: Delete Task cosmetic bug
Just a small bug, but when I try to delete a task on the new Tasks website, the "Delete task?" notification/question bar is shifted too far to the left & hidden behind the left-hand toolbar. All I can see is "ete task?". This is on the latest Chrome on macOS 10.11 [El Capitan], and seems to appear in all views (All Tasks, Goals, Saved Searches etc).
SyneRyder

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Just wanted to say thank you for one change not yet mentioned - the larger font-size for the Task field in the Add Task window! That's going to make me a much happier user :)

Regarding the other comments:

* I'm noticing the move of the Add Task button to the right side as well. It's not a huge deal for me, but I only use the controls on the right-hand side infrequently, whereas I use the disclosure triangle on tasks on the left side all the time.

* Regarding performance regression, I wonder if that's due to the animations? I'm barely noticing a change, but I just got a brand new laptop - I'll bet it's noticeable on an older laptop with an underpowered OpenGL 1.x era video card. I wouldn't want the animations to go away, but maybe an option to turn them off for people who don't want them / want fastest performance?

Love the changes and the direction though. I like the new drop-down menu!
SyneRyder

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Had to check in to say just how much I love this update! It looks magnificent. I love that it reminds me of the design of some of my favorite Mac apps (Tweetie, Osfoora Mac, Tweetbot) but also fits with the new Windows 10 design (just like the new Win10 taskbar). Love the animations and hover tooltips as well.

Count me in as one of the folks extending their subscription today to show appreciation of the new feature!

(PS Not sure if your "Pay by Bitcoin" button is working, it got stuck at "Computing...". Don't worry, I was going to pay by credit card anyway!)
SyneRyder

Posted Aug 16, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
I'm mostly liking the changes as well, though it seems to me that text in some areas of the site has actually gotten smaller since the change. I'm on Chrome 44 for Mac, and the text entry area for the actual Task title / name when adding a new task has gotten much smaller in height than before. (It's actually the same font size as in this text area I'm typing in now, which is also surprisingly small.) I would've expected it to be slightly *larger* than the other text fields, since the Task title / name is probably the most important field. I think my screen resolution is 1280 x 800 on a 13" laptop.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2015.
SyneRyder

Posted Aug 09, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.0.8
+1 for saved searches! They make a huge difference to workflow, looking forward to it... might convince me to upgrade from 3.0.2 with the old UI finally ;)

(Bonus points if saved searches make it into the Mac Menubar app...)
SyneRyder

Posted Aug 08, 2013 in: Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
The Toodledo menubar app works great on Snow Leopard (10.6.8) for me, no problems. I have a MacBook 3,1, with 6GB RAM. It's completely changed how I use Toodledo & made me more productive. If there's an incompatibility, Snow Leopard isn't the problem.

For syncing, I always click on All Tasks when first using the app, and wait until it finishes loading (all 750+ items for me!). If I try jumping straight to Due Date or another category, it never syncs correctly for me.

If the menubar app isn't working for you, perhaps try TaskUnifier if you want a desktop Mac app for Toodledo: http://www.taskunifier.com/ It isn't pretty, and it's a Java app (eww!), but it's reliable and also has offline support & saved searches/views. I was using it a lot before the menubar app was released, and I may yet switch back if the menubar becomes unsupported on 10.6.
SyneRyder

Posted Jul 01, 2013 in: Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
This is great! Thanks for the offline support & for keeping compatibility with 10.6, so I can use it on my older Mac machines as well.

Some feature requests:
* Add a customizable keyboard shortcut that goes straight to the Add Task screen, and ideally hides the window after I type the task and click Enter.
* When adding a new task from the Home screen or shortcut, use the New Task Defaults set at Toodledo.com on my account (mine currently sets all new tasks as Low Priority).
* Add a way to delete a task... but I'm sure you're working on that!
SyneRyder

Posted Jan 25, 2009 in: Future Tasks on iPhone
Hmm, I guess I'm misreading that page - it says that "Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by putting an = sign before the date. For example "=2008-01-01".)

I have tasks with a due date of =2009-02-01, but are still showing up in my All Tasks on iPhone (even though it's still January, and even though Future Tasks = Off). But on the website, I *can* hide those tasks in All Tasks by clicking Hide Future Tasks.

It seems the behavior is inconsistent between iPhone and the website? I prefer what the website is doing, I'd like to hide those tasks.
SyneRyder

Posted Jan 25, 2009 in: Future Tasks on iPhone
I'm having a different problem, but related to Future Tasks on iPhone - I have a repeating task that is due in 6 days, and set to be "Due On" that date. I have both my Hotlist and All Tasks filters set with Future Tasks = Off, but this task is still appearing in both lists. It's Top priority, but I don't want to see the task until the day it is due.

Is there a way I can hide these tasks? I have Toodledo iPhone 1.4.1.