ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gjblair"
gjblair

Score: 0
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2015
  • Score: 0
Since the recent update, my experience using all common browsers on both PC and Mac has been much slower.
Perhaps 2-3 times slower than before.
I have about 1500 tasks, and maybe 100 notes.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Any insights greatly appreciated.
gjblair

• gjblair
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2015
I had not discerned this level of detail, but I verified that it was a more accurate description of my problem than what I posted 5 items down (Quick search broken?).

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Feb 15, 2015 in: Quick Search broken?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2015
I'm using Safari 7.1.3 on Mac OSX, and the Quick Search capability seems to have a problem.
When I click in the quick search box, I get a pointer that indicates "this is a link to something", instead of the pointer indicating keyboard input accepted here.
Possibly operator error, but this is only occurring since the latest update to the interface.
Help?

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Apr 11, 2013 in: setting custom due date
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2013
Thanks, that tracks with my usage. I tend to use my personal iPad in portrait orientation most of the time, but use my work iPad in landscape much more frequently because I use a Bluetooth keyboard with it most of the time.

The old programmer in me just loves phase-of-the-moon type bugs like that...

Is there an answer to my question 2 posts back (on 4/10)?
gjblair

Posted Apr 10, 2013 in: setting custom due date
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2013
There are times when the calendar wheel is useful.
However, if I use the wheel to set the m-d-y, HOW DO I ACTUALLY CHOOSE THAT AS THE DUE DATE?
None of the controls on the wheel appear to do that.
I STILL have to select the calendar-by-month in the lower right of the wheel and then touch the date I actually want.
What am I missing, or is the wheel actually that brain-dead?
gjblair

Posted Apr 09, 2013 in: setting custom due date
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2013
This is still troublesome. I am running v3.0.4 on 2 iPads.
It is working fine on my personal iPad, but still having the problem on my work iPad.
A difference is that security settings on the work iPad are pretty tight, and it has the GOOD app installed.
Otherwise, I can find no setting differences that might explain the problem.
It is still very annoying...
gjblair

Posted Mar 13, 2013 in: setting custom due date
Score: -1
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2013
  • Score: -1
I downloaded the update that loads the task list more efficiently, and now the behavior I described in my 2/28 post exists again. If I choose a custom due date, I get the wheel, but I can select the calendar. But I must do that EACH time, even if for the same task. And I JUST VERIFIED that behavior is as I am describing. PLEASE provide an option to specify which method to use as the default. I have to forward items A LOT, and each extra screen-touch costs time.
gjblair

Posted Mar 05, 2013 in: setting custom due date
Score: -1
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2013
  • Score: -1
It seemed to be working for a while, and today it was again starting with the wheel each time I set a custom due date. I did not update anything since my initial post. It might be useful to have a setting that indicated which mechanism is the default. And it does not appear possible to actual CHOOSE a date with the wheel - you seem to have to go into the calendar anyway to actually select the date.

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Mar 04, 2013 in: Performance of 3.0.2.
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2013
I am using the iPad v. 3.0.2 on 2 different iPads, one is a 3 and one a Retina. On both iPads, performance of this new release seems very poor compared to the previous version. Is anyone else experiencing this? I use the Toodledo app a LOT and this performance is pretty close to unacceptable.

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Feb 28, 2013 in: setting custom due date
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2013
Until the recent release a day or 2 ago, when I wanted to set a custom due date for a task, it would first bring up the calendar-by-month-at-a-time, and I could then use the calendar wheel if I wanted to. Now, it brings up the calendar wheel first, which is what I want a much smaller percentage of the time. Is this the only behavior possible, or I am missing an option setting that would bring up the month-at-a-time tool first?

-Gary

Oh, forgot to say that this is specifically on the iPad.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2013.
gjblair

Posted Dec 07, 2011 in: Problem with Application Badge?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2011
I am running IOS 5.0.1 and Toodledo app 2.1.15 on both an iPad (gen 1) and an iPhone 4S.
I have set preferences so the Application Badge should show the number of tasks overdue+due today.
However, the badge does not display any info.
Is there some other setting I am missing?
Any others experiencing this difficulty?
Thanks for any insight.

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Oct 07, 2011 in: printing problem or operator error?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
My point was, something has changed.
It used to work on all the mentioned platform combos, now it doesn't.
Also, "use Safari" is not helpful.
When I am at work, I do not have the ability to use safari.
gjblair

Posted Oct 05, 2011 in: printing problem or operator error?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2011
I like to print my daily "to-do" list by using the Search, locating all items that are due "TODAY", display in multi-grid format, and use the print icon. Until recently this has been working fine. Now, I am getting cut-off lines and/or text of the item overprinting with info in the right hand column. I am using XP/Pro with either IE 8.0.6 or Firefox 3.6.23 - same problem with both browsers. This does not appear to happen when I'm using my iMac/Safari at home. Suggestions?

-Gary
gjblair

Posted Aug 11, 2011 in: viewing / printing priority labels
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2011
OK, I need a sanity check here. I could have sworn that, for a few days after the recent UI release, when I viewed in multi-line mode, priority "labels" appeared on the left to separate tasks at one priority from tasks at the next lower priority, etc.
When I printed, these showed up on the printout, and THAT was handy!
I can't seem to find that capability now.
Did I dream this, did the capability disappear, and if neither of those, Please tell me how to do it again.
Thanks.
gjblair

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: searching for items due "today"
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2011
At least once a day I print all the items that are due today. Typically, I print that list multiple times as priorities shift. It would be nice if the search capability would let me specify "today" without hard-wiring a specific date, so I could just click that saved search and not have to pick the actual date. Perhaps this capability already exists and I just don't know what it is?

-Gary
gjblair

• gjblair
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2011
Operator error involved here.
I had gotten out of 'grid' mode.
All is well now...
gjblair

• gjblair
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2011
This just started happening today. "Long" items are wrapping in poor way, running into the date field. Attempts to edit the date are resulting in the WRONG item being updated. Anybody else experiencing this? Safari version 5.0.5.
gjblair

Posted Jun 28, 2010 in: Priority changing 'by itself'?
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2010
I'm not certain of this, but it seems that sometimes when I change the due date of an item, usually to push it further out, the priority is changed to be higher than it was previously.

I change due dates A LOT due to the nature of what I do, and I swear I've observed this behavior a number of times. Has anybody else seen this? Is this a 'feature' I don't know about, and if so, can I turn it off?
gjblair

Posted Mar 22, 2010 in: torn RTM vs Toodledo: want offline
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2010
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Most email clients have the ability to queue but not send email messages while offline, then actually send them when you are back online, either automatically or via manual control.

Are you looking for a different, perhaps Toodledo specific, mail client so you don't need to use a general mail client, e.g., Outlook, Apple mail, etc.?
gjblair

Posted Mar 22, 2010 in: torn RTM vs Toodledo: want offline
  • gjblair
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2010
There are 2 things that might help in Toodledo:

1. Get the Pro edition and send individual emails to your toodledo 'secret' name and they become tasks. You can queue the emails offline then send when networked.

2. Just create a text list of tasks, and use the Add Multiple Tasks capability.

-Gary
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next