ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by kitty"
kitty

Posted Jan 11, 2012 in: Easy Integration with Outlook
Score: 2
  • kitty
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2012
  • Score: 2
First of all, this solution is absolutely brilliant. THANK YOU for posting it!

I'm getting the same Google Analytics error when I try to set up the Toodledo item in Outlook tasks, so that I can go to go to very specific URL (such as http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_folders).

IE error message:
Line: 39
Char: 30
Error message: Unspecified error
Code: 0
URL: http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js

Does anyone have a way to fix this? It's actually a pretty major annoyance for me since it defeats the purpose of having one-click access to Toodledo.
kitty

Posted Oct 13, 2009 in: Tasks created on iPhone not Syncing?
Score: 0
  • kitty
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2009
  • Score: 0
Thanks Anders! I did try the reboot again but it was a no go.

The iPhone is being used without a SIM card/carrier--it only uses wi-fi. This shouldn't be an issue, though; there aren't ever any problems with my other applications that sync. I'll send a support ticket.
kitty

Posted Oct 13, 2009 in: Tasks created on iPhone not Syncing?
  • kitty
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2009
I installed the Toodledo app for the first time this week. After the initial install, I noticed there were a few tasks missing from the iPhone.

Since then I have reinstalled the iPhone app multiple times now, and I cannot get all my tasks to download to the iPhone. I have tried both the standard sync and the "Force Toodledo to iPhone sync". When I do the sync, it goes through the entire sync process, and the bar gets to the end of the screen. But then it pops up error #1010 (Cannot connect to Toodledo).

I then go into my All Tasks and check that the filter is set to show all tasks. It shows all my completed tasks, but only a fraction of my to-do tasks. As of today, Toodledo is not downloading any of the subtasks, overdue tasks, or recently added tasks to the iPhone. The number of downloaded tasks seems to vary each time, and subsequent syncs never correct the situation.

What do I do next? Resyncing, refiltering, and reinstalling aren't resolving this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
kitty

• kitty
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2009
There is a mass exodus taking place over there. To everyone who is coming from RTM, welcome to Toodledo.

It will take you a while to get used to the great customer support and happy users--but hang in there. You'll eventually get spoiled like the rest of us ;)
kitty

Posted Apr 07, 2009 in: IPhone Forum
  • kitty
I agree. All the forums are full iPhone questions/suggestions, which are certainly numerous enough for their own forum. It'd help those of us who don't use the iPhone features, too.
kitty

Posted Apr 07, 2009 in: Improved Forum Search Capability
  • kitty
It'd also be nice to "Mark All Topics Read".
kitty

Posted Mar 21, 2009 in: Design
Score: 1
  • kitty
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2009
  • Score: 1
I agree that the design is an initial turnoff compared to some of the other sites, which use a more current aesthetic that has emerged over the past two years or so (which is very iPhone and rather whitespace-Zen). I initially dismissed Toodledo for that very reason--boy, was I wrong!

After 15 minutes of using Toodledo I saw the sheer beauty of it. It crushes RTM and the other apps out there, and all the bells and whistles that initially looked like chaos and clutter suddenly made complete sense.

Ultimately, Toodledo's UI is by far the most intuitive and is superfast, even though it's not initially very pretty. So I second Anders_Royce in the idea that I'd love for Toodledo to improve its design as long as they do it in a way that doesn't hamper performance or usability. Also, I don't want to sacrifice the compact size of the fonts/icons.

Toodledo--please don't change the location of items (links, tabs, search, etc.). I second Frossie that there could be few simple changes to spruce up the fonts and icons that would make Toodledo more appealing to people looking to jump ship from RTM and the others.
kitty

Posted Mar 20, 2009 in: Suggested layout mockup
  • kitty
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2009
I like having the Add a Task in the upper right hand corner. It never really moves its relative position on the screen--even when I slide the left-hand nav bar in and out--and this is an invaluable feature.

Please don't move it to another location. Then I will have to look for its new position on a sub-nav bar whenever I change a view. My eyes are too lazy for that.

Toodledo's ease of adding new tasks is the first reason I switched from RTM. (RTM is miserable for adding new tasks. A pretty big flaw when you are a task management app.) After switching, I keep finding dozens of new reasons to love Toodledo.
kitty

Posted Mar 20, 2009 in: Biggest Time Sinks
  • kitty
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2009
Here's a recommendation for stopping time-sucks:

I use the Leechblock add-on for Firefox and create custom HTML pages (you can set them in the Leechblock options) that order me to get my a** back to work and stop messing around on the web. I have all possible time-sucking sites added to various tabs that block based on time of day and number of minutes spent on that category of sites (i.e., I can surf news sites only during certain times of the day, and only for a maximum of 15 minutes a day).

And anytime I encounter a new site that could be a time-suck, I right-click inside the page and add it to the appropriate group of blocked sites.

Leechblock has helped me overcome my surfing addiction. Can't recommend it enough.
kitty

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: Display day of week next to Due Date
  • kitty
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Terrific, thanks! ;) After I posted this, I thought of another way one might solve the problem. You could add Day-by-Day dividers for up to 7 days. Something like a "weekly planning" format where the tasks are listed under each day of the week for 7 days, instead of "Due Tomorrow" and "Due in Next 7 Days."

This would have an advantage when printing (including to small formats, like booklets) of saving space horizontally.

BTW, the printing features of Toodledo are fantastic. The best I've seen in any of the apps I've been testing.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2009.
kitty

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: Improved Forum Search Capability
  • kitty
The forum search doesn't seem to handle any searches more complicated than a keyword or a short phrase. I hate that I could be asking a question that's been discussed ad nauseum and would love the ability to perform more powerful searches.

Thanks!
kitty

Posted Mar 19, 2009 in: Display day of week next to Due Date
  • kitty
When I print my list, I would like to have the day of the week (Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs., etc.) appear next to the actual date. Does anyone know how to do this?