ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Timothy.M.Read"
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jul 09, 2019 in: New iOS app
Score: 0
As a paid customer for many years I love the tool but really dislike the mobile app for iOS. Any update on when a new version will be available?

Thanks
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jun 28, 2019 in: Save result order with searches
I would find it very useful to have different orders with different searches and not have to click on the columns every time I change from one search to another. This was suggested back in 2010:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7451/-38815/read.html#jump

Has anything been done about it since then?

Thanks
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jan 20, 2019 in: Events won't sync with Apple iCal
I have been a user of Toodledo for several years, but stopped just before Xmas, and was trying to set it up again. However, now I can't get the sync to work with Apple iCal. It works fine with Google cal but not with iCal. It always used to work really well. I am going crazy here.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Tim
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 3
Thanks Jake for the tool that has helped me keep the chaos away for years.

I also hope that the new guys wont break anything. It would kill me now having to change to another tool.

As a paid user for the last few years my one suggestion would be to redo the mobile app since it just doesn't give the same experience as the Web version does. On my mobile I want to see what I see when I am on the Web, but in a more responsive fashion.

In fact, I have actually paid for a third party app (toodleTasks Phone Edition) as my mobile client for Toodledo since it is so very much better than the official one. Sorry!

Good luck in the future in making the right decisions!
Timothy.M.Read

I sync Toodledo to ical on my Mac and in the Week view see the Toodledo tasks with no problems. When I change to the day view, which I would like to print out, the Toodledo tasks are not there. In fact, the Day view does not list the Toodledo ical feed as being included. Any ideas how I can change that?

Thanks in advance
Timothy.M.Read

Thanks for the info. I thought I was going crazy. It is true, the events do appear "the next day". Fortunately the connection to iCal on my Mac is immediate so it is only on my crumby Android phone that I can't see the events. As far as I can see, there isn't a Calendar app that lets you show ics. There is an ics sync app that does incorporate the ics feed but it is not free.

Let's cross our fingers and see what the folk here do. It would certainly be a "nice to have" as far as I am concerned.
Timothy.M.Read

Sorry about that. My mistake. The tasks don't actually appear on Google Calendar on the Web - well they do, but not immediately! If I add a task to Toodledo, or modify the date, it takes a long time to appear on the Web version of GC, and then never appears on the phone.

Thanks.
Timothy.M.Read

I have included the ical link to Toodledo in Google Calendar and can see my todo list in the Web interface to Google Calendar with no problems. However, when I connect to the same Google Calendar from my Android phone the events don't appear. It is strange because in the list of calendars on the phone the Toodledo feed does appear. It is just that they don't appear on the calendar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tim

This message was edited Oct 16, 2015.
Timothy.M.Read

Thanks Admin for the answer. Let's hope it won't still be on your to-do list next year as well!!
Timothy.M.Read

Last year there was a thread about the possibility of defining different ordering of tasks for different searches since it is annoying having to click on the column headings. The Admin liked the idea and was going to work on it, but I am not aware of any update or way to do this.

Any news?
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Nov 07, 2011 in: Still unable to move the Notes column
Score: 1
Thanks
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Nov 04, 2011 in: Still unable to move the Notes column
I found a message posted in 2010 asking about the posiblity of moving the notes column. Someone from Toodledo said that it was on the todo list. Well, we are nearing the end of 2011 and it is still not possible, or at least I can't see how to do it?

Any comment?

Thanks
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jan 31, 2011 in: Sub tasks not automatically shown
Magic. Thanks, just what I wanted. Time to switch to pro...

Tim
Timothy.M.Read

Posted Jan 31, 2011 in: Sub tasks not automatically shown
I have been using toodledo for a while and decided to check out the Pro mode to see if I should upgrade. The key function for me is the subtasks. However, they are not working as I would expect sub-tasks to do so, and hence the question.

When I define a task and a set of sub-tasks they appear indented and in the right order, for example:

SubTask Demo
...........1. Investigate sub tasks
...........2. Ask question in forum if necessary
(sorry about the dots, but this text editor does not let me adds spaces)

This would be an example of a tast defined in a folder (Projects). However, if I change to another view and then go back to Folder -> Project they are not indented or ordered correctly:

2. Ask question in forum if necessary
1. Investigate sub tasks
SubTask Demo

So I have to click on each task to get an indented ordered list of tasks and sub-tasks. This does not seem to make a lot of sense. Am I doing something wrong?

I saw a post that talked about a script in greasemonkey to automatically display tasks and sub-tasks ordered, but it only works in Firefox and I am using Safari.

I have got around the problem by using Goals and setting a list of 1 - 5 goals (like an ordering). Hence I can define sub-tasks by the goal number and set the display mode to use Goal and hence I see all my tasks in the correct order.

Many thanks,

Tim

This message was edited Jan 31, 2011.