ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sunboxtv"
sunboxtv

Posted Nov 07, 2019 in: New Pricing
Score: 0
  • sunboxtv
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2019
  • Score: 0
@r2az ...I know all about Toodledo changing hands.
I have been around all over the forum on this, and i even posted in a few threads about this..

There is nothing wrong on selling an application..
But do not treat the application as it was just a product (buy cheap --> sell expensive)
sunboxtv

Posted Nov 07, 2019 in: New Pricing
Score: 0
  • sunboxtv
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2019
  • Score: 0
So about the new pricing..
If i remember well my subscription ( i think is "silver" the last 5 years ) was about 20$ ..or something like that.
I dont remember well.. because i didn't care ...because as many of us here, I love to pay 20$/year to have a good tool like this.

I have even upgraded from free --> to "silver plan" 5-6 years ago even though i didn't need to upgrade.
I did that because it was my obligation to pay something for using a good tool because i respect the effort of the developer.!! (I know that many of us did the same thing)

Today i get an email that i have to renew my subscription ..and my "new subscription" is called "Standart" and it is $35.88

What is the matter with you guys..???
Do you think that you are the only one and you have no competition..??

The net is full of ToDo lists because it is the easiest thing to create and sell..!!!

Everybody will pay the new subscriptions (because of the "short notice") but..
the next day.. they will start Googling "todo lists online" or "Toodledo aletrnatives" 
and there are a lot of alternatives even better than Toodledo..!!!

Toodledo has the simplicity of the interface and nothing more..

Do not wake up the monster (Greek expression)
Probably the right way to bill is +5$ more ..or by usage (Gb)

This message was edited Nov 07, 2019.
sunboxtv

Posted Jul 13, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
  • sunboxtv
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2018
  • Score: 1
I agree with Michael "https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25931/-115695/read.html#jump "
Im a developer the last 12years
Toodledo was and is one of my "happy expences"

For me..
I really don't need the silver version but im paying for it just because i want to support it and for the stability.!!
You are going to hear this a lot here..

NOW ...for you new owners. (Sam and the guys)
First congratulations for you purchase! Toodledo is a smart purchase!
Why? ..Because it has loyal payed subscriber (The low prices is one of reasons ...also the simplicity ..and the STABILITY)

Suggestions:
If i was in your place i wouldn't touch a thing...
I would spend some more money to advertise this "simple tool" to more users out there. (And make more loyal subscribers ..more money for my pocket)

IF you want to make Toodledo more advanced or complicated (more like the mobile version they have been working on lately)
ps: "this mobile version was canceling the desktop nature of Toodledo"
well the profits will start dropping im afraid

Just think.. what makes the Toodledo a valuable investment?

The simplicity? --> YES (its easy maintainable)
The tech behind it? --> NO ..its simple (everybody can create a tool like toodledo)
The uniqueness of this tool? --> NO ..there are thousands like this out there.. (waiting for you to fail..they already know what your subscribers want)
Why the competitors don't take your subscribers --> ...because THEY DON'T WANT TO LEAVE Toodledo ...why? ..because it has the same interface all these years ..no major changes ..they even pay for subscriptions they don't need, in order to stay like this.!!

What do you make of all this?? -->... Spend money for more subscriber like them ...don't loose them

It's like wishing to win the lottery (220millions) --> in order to take the money and invest them somewhere else --> to make money
You already have the money.!! ..Toodledo is the Duck with the golden eggs (your competitors envy you)

Suggestion 2:
Lay back and enjoy your next 10years of automatic income.!! Advertise more..

TOODLEDO IS LIKE WINDOWS XP ...nobody wanted to leave them because they were SIMPLE ..LIGHT ..FAST ..RELIABLE ..and FAMILIAR.
Windows users still dont want use even Win10
Who is the winner in this situation? --> LINUX distros like Mint and Solus (there is no turning back)

This message was edited Jul 13, 2018.