ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jlquinn_2"
jlquinn_2

Posted Aug 10, 2018 in: Main task view sorting gets messed up
Score: 0
OK I see.

I think what's confusing is that it appears that if I choose first sorting parameter to Auto, it always sorts by priority, no matter which view I'm in. Does that make sense?

I would expect the Tag view to sort by tag when Auto is selected.
jlquinn_2

Posted Aug 09, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Posted by Ummagumma:

I personally think that unless a service has really good brand recognition, having a non-expiring free option with a decent basic set of tools is very important. You want users to rely on your service and naturally grow into wanting to buy extended features. Most people, myself included, would be very hesitant to commit to a service for even a month if we are going to have to pay at the end. It's a lot of work and personal time investment to move dozens or hundreds of tasks to a new platform and do all the necessary tweaks to make it work.

Exactly. I would never have signed up if the free service didn't let me do useful stuff. I've since found value in the added features, but crippleware is only useful if you can explore enough and trust that the jump to paid will be worth it.

Task management requires actually using it for a while to make it worth the effort to explore.
jlquinn_2

Posted Aug 09, 2018 in: Main task view sorting gets messed up
I was specifically referring to using keyboard shortcuts to switch views, but using the buttons on the left gives me the same broken behavior.

Here's a screenshot where priority view is selected on the left, and the dividers are for tag, not priority. Screen shot expires on Aug 23 2018.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/fT9tWAdJmrpWfZEW/tasks.toodledo.com
jlquinn_2

Posted Jul 29, 2018 in: Main task view sorting gets messed up
No, my Behavior Preferences are set to Default.

You can see a screenshot here:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/XLZCiOurxpBoLgrT/tasks.toodledo.com

The link wil be good for 14 days - through Aug 11.

OK, I found the setting to fix that. There's a group of buttons next to SORT in the upper right. The primary key was set to Context. Setting to it to Importance gets me back what I expected.

Actually, this is still not what I expect. If I switch to Status view, nothing happens. The screen stays sorted by importance

I'm pretty confused about what's going on.
jlquinn_2

Posted Jul 28, 2018 in: Main task view sorting gets messed up
Usually the main task view is organized by task importance. This is the view I prefer by default. But sometimes it gets into a bad state.

Right now, when I ask for Main view, I'm getting context as dividers with priority sorting within context.

Switching to context view gives me no dividers, and all tasks are sorted by priority.

Switching to priority view gives me tags as dividers

Switching to status view gives me what I would expect to see from priority view

Force reloading the web page doesn't fix the problem. Removing all toodledo cookies didn't fix the problem.

Ubuntu Linux 16.04,

The problem appears in both Firefox browser and Chrome browser.
jlquinn_2

Posted Jul 28, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 1
Posted by johnairy:
Hi Sam,

Toodledo is probably already the best productivity tool out there. And I do tend to agree with the sentiment, "keep it as it is - it works." At least keep all the functionality we're used to having and don't break functionality, if possible. Though, I would like to suggest we see some new features at some point.

As a long-term Toodledo user, I use it from the browser, Android 3rd party app (DGT-GTD), and Linux 3rd party application (TaskUnifier Pro). I would hate to lose the ability to sync with the 3rd party apps I have been using. My tech ability is very high - and I may just be ignorant of how to use some of Toodledo web features, but there seem to be a few shortcomings to me.

I want to echo this sentiment. To me, the existence of an API that allows 3rd party apps to easily integrate with the Toodledo backend is paramount.
For me, this is about being able to ensure the safety of my task list so I can back up my tasks. If this feature were to go away, so would I.

Also, perhaps it would make sense to split the service into backend and frontend from a marketing perspective. I'm reasonably happy with the web GUI and Android app, though I know others are not. This might let you see how much folks value the core system, and how much they value the UI work being done.

Thanks
Jerry Quinn
jlquinn_2

Posted Apr 08, 2018 in: Main task view shows up collapsed
I think I found it. There's a drop-down menu to the right of the sort selector just above the Quick Add Task text field. There are entries Open All Dividers and Close All Dividers. Selecting the Open All dividers menu entry seems to have done it.

However, if this menu is how I set a default, that fact is very unclear. When I looked at it, I thought it was just a toggle, not a control to set a default.
I also spent a bunch of time looking around everything in Profile and Settings and couldn't find an option to set the divider default. The FAQ doesn't give this info either.

Please consider improving the label in that menu to be clearer that a default is being set. Also, it would be good if these display settings were accessible through Account Settings -> General Settings -> Tasks -> Display Preferences. Currently this one is not.

A related concern I have is that you have 2 separate menus on the right hand side. First is the upper right one with access to many things about your account, organization, help, etc. Next is the lower one that twiddles a few display preferences. It seems to me that it would be good for these to be merged, or for other display preferences to show up in the lower menu as well. It would also help to have a hover text over the lower menu to say something like Display Preferences.

Thanks for continuing to evolve the gui. I love that it continues to improve.

Thanks
Jerry
jlquinn_2

Posted Apr 01, 2018 in: Main task view shows up collapsed
Recently (in the last couple weeks?) I notice that when I load the Toodledo web page, my main view shows up with all tasks collapsed, showing only importance levels. I can expand with 'w' but I want the expanded view by default.

Is there a way I can fix that? Is it a setting I missed? Is there a bug?

Thanks
Jerry
jlquinn_2

Posted Mar 07, 2018 in: Give me feedback on my skin
Hi Gene,

I looked at the skin but I honestly have trouble seeing what is different from the default aside from making a high priority task red and bold.

What else have you changed?

Thanks
Jerry
jlquinn_2

Posted Mar 07, 2018 in: Suggestion: Task editing shortcut
I would love to see this as well.

Also I'd like a shortcut to mark a task done in the task list.
jlquinn_2

Posted Nov 30, 2017 in: Help popup in Notes won't disappear
Hitting '?' pops up the keyboard shortcuts when I'm in the Notes section. However, typing '?' a second time doesn't make the shortcuts disappear again, the way it does in the Tasks section.
jlquinn_2

Posted Nov 30, 2017 in: New task view sorting issues
Hi all,

I'm using the new task view and playing with the different views available. Some of the views don't appear to behave properly:

Priority view command appears to sort tasks by tag.
Status, folder, context, date view commands appear to remove the dividers, but otherwise provide no sorting

My account has some fields disabled and I rearranged some columns from the default. Is this related?

Thanks
Jerry
jlquinn_2

I've switched to the new view and like it. I do have a request. I am using arrows and tab to navigate to the folder field for a task that doesn't have one. I can hit enter and type in to search for a folder. Very nice so far.

If I type in a folder that doesn't exist, I would like to have the UI offer to create the new folder and add the task to that folder.

Please consider adding this feature, and thanks for all the good work so far!
jlquinn_2

Posted Jan 13, 2017 in: Clear Android app search criteria
I've run into this too. Can someone please add this to the Android docs?

Thanks!
Jerry