Search results for "Posted by insanum"
insanum

Posted Nov 20, 2015 in: Formatting note text
Score: 0
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
Yes, this is planned for a future update.

You just put the biggest smile on my face. I know you won't acknowledge when but I'll ask anyways. When?!?! :-)
insanum

Posted Nov 20, 2015 in: Formatting note text
Score: 1
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2015
  • Score: 1
Toodledo notes need some kind of basic text formatting. The basic html tags are annoying and not conventional to type (especially via mobile).

I've seen lots of requests for Markdown... can't we get this? Seems so easy to support.

It's safe to call Markdown an accepted standard. Both Trello and Simplenote support it.

Please, please, please!!! :-)

This message was edited Nov 20, 2015.
insanum

Posted Nov 12, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
Pretty funny Purveyor. But don't quit your day job.... if you have one...j/k :).

I will try to explain. When I am planning my week/day or even adding tasks on the fly, I often have multiple programs open, Toodledo, Outlook, my business software. With one small monitor I would have to flip back and forth between all my open windows. With multiple monitors or an ultra wide I can just cut and paste and reference information without constantly opening and closing various windows. Then when I want a good overview of my tasks I can expand Toodledo so I have a complete view, which is totally sweet!!! Not everyone would benefit from this setup, but I sure do and I know others would also. I posted this to hopefully help others who may benefit from it.

This is the beauty of Toodledo, it can be tailored to fit various needs and work styles. Just because my way isn't your way doesn't make it wrong.

I think you need to look into using a tiling window manager. Keep your hand off the mouse and you'll productivity will fly.
insanum

Posted Nov 12, 2015 in: Quick Add Syntax...
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Posted by insanum:
I did a search and found some old threads asking for this but there was no traction.

I'd like to see the email syntax available when entering tasks via the quick add box on the website. The less I have to use the mouse the better. :-)

Thanks!

I forgot to add. Todoist supports this and it makes sense for Toodledo to do the same to remain competitive.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2015.
insanum

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Google Calendar integration...
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2015
I've come to the conclusion that the ways to integrate tasks with due dates to Google Calendar kinda sucks.

1. Turning on the calendar subscription is great but Google "rarely" re-syncs so updates are very slow. Google issue I know.
2. The IFTTT recipes are also great but a task will never get updated if its due date is modified. IFTTT/Toodledo issue.

Does anyone have a better solution?

Having the ability to have quicker calendar updates would be so sweet. Implementing such a feature and making it available with a Gold Subscription would add more value.
insanum

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Quick Add Syntax...
Score: 1
  • insanum
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2015
  • Score: 1
I did a search and found some old threads asking for this but there was no traction.

I'd like to see the email syntax available when entering tasks via the quick add box on the website. The less I have to use the mouse the better. :-)

Thanks!